Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Why Loka Needs to Remove Ganking. A Psychological Thesis and Philosophical Perspective on The Mind of The Loka Ganker. By Mimo Four.

Conclusionz

I loved this very much. I have things to say:
  • They're just gonna gank somewhere else, whether it's Loka or not. One does not simply take the gank out of the ganker.
  • If you wanna call ganking an addiction, you might as well call gaming an addiction too. We all gunnin' for that dopamine hit.
  • Zyre was purpose-built to become whatever it needed to be whenever. So while current "old" Zyre is basically dead, we always knew we'd be able to do something to it, like basically turn it into a scheduled short-duration Battle Royale (or literally any number of things).
  • Other than refreshing things here and there (cove, mutators, etc), we've long been working towards adding things to do on Loka that aren't just for PvP. Hence oceans, ocean temple, etc. We feel that PvP is in a very good and diverse place for a bit; we're ready to add things to Loka that can help bring in whole other types of minecrafters.
I also think this would be a fun thing to talk about next SOTS.
Skills please, I want hypixel skyblock with pvp

McDanky

Guardian
make loka a build only server yes yes
I agree with Silent and Crypt here. Some folks actively want to do other things than PvP. I should know as I have rarely PvPed in my 5 years on the server. I think it is nice to have a condensed area for a player base to have fun. For PvPers, it is Zyre. However, for builders, it depends because most want their cool ideas to happen in their town. That being said, the folks who want to build and make cool ideas happen want to make their cool ideas happen. There are cool projects out there that do not gain enough attraction for these great ideas to happen. In conclusion, join Sandsete the most lore-filled, beautiful, and no PvP town on Loka if you want a different Loka experience :sentry:

capybara

Muted
+1 after i stopped non stop ganking and playing i got a life and now am happier and will occasionally hop on here or discord thank you for this well written post. gaming is fun but real life is more satiable.

Last edited:
+1. The wise sage mimo4 once again proves he is the Guiding Light,
the Lifeboat in a Storm,
the Shield of Hope,
the Healer of Wounds,
the Rain in a Drought,
the Anchor in a Storm,
the Warmth in the Cold,
the Miracle Worker,
or even the Key to Freedom of the loka community.
May his path to uncovering the true meaning of Loka, be shone upon by myriads of everlasting stars…

Back