Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

1.7 World Change

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
It has been decided among most of the admins that we will be converting into a new world for 1.7 so that we can have all new, clean, 1.7 terrain.

Those of you wondering, towns will be transported over. I will convene with town owners to determine how best to move their towns over.

We hope that this meets you all as good news. I understand that this might be a sort of pain in the ass to some of you, but I'll work with those of you who are also not in towns to move some of your things over since this is a sudden change. Overall, though, for a majority of reasons, this will be a good change.

Leasaur

Slicer
Cryptite said:
pain in the ass to some of you,
Sure got that right :p

I do agree with this though, since people have been pretty much pushing the world borders to their limits in trying to get far away from spawn. I wonder how this will fit in with RP though, since you really went over the top with the world change :D

I will give you one piece of advice:
Good luck moving Albion :p

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Leasaur said:
Cryptite said:
pain in the ass to some of you,
Sure got that right :p

I do agree with this though, since people have been pretty much pushing the world borders to their limits in trying to get far away from spawn. I wonder how this will fit in with RP though, since you really went over the top with the world change :D

I will give you one piece of advice:
Good luck moving Albion :p

In light of all the work done elsewhere on the server, this one event may unfortunately have to go without a RP event..

Lazuli73

Slicer
I knew this was going to happen, I new it!!!!! Will town owners get to pick a new biome for their town or will they be restricted to their existing biome. Or will they be able to pick a new biom and have the land in their gen protection be
the biome as it is on the server now?

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Town owners will be allowed to scour the the land for awhile and find a place where they'd like their town to be warped to.

I could probably do a little work in order to switch, say, grass to ice if something like a plains to ice-spike biome were to occur. I would only do this for earth-type blocks (grass/sand/dirt, etc), not change your log types or anything.

Lazuli73

Slicer
Leasaur said:
Cryptite said:
have to go without a RP event..

But... but RP!!!!
:eek:

For the RP we could do something along the lines of a huge mysterious portal and have the world around us start to crumble apart and implode on itself and the only way to survive is to find the portal and escape the chaos and catastrophe.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
The big problem is, since this 1.7 world is likely to be quite sudden, an apocalyptic event isn't terribly in the works as people need time to be able to come back and then move their towns. For a period of time, quite simply, there will be two worlds active, I'm afraid.

Jedoi

Slicer
No RP? I refuse. *Shakes head* It HAS to be in RP. Please. We can't just NOT have an RP switch..... It would ruin the story! How did we get to the second new world?!

Jedoi

Slicer
Cryptite said:
The big problem is, since this 1.7 world is likely to be quite sudden, an apocalyptic event isn't terribly in the works as people need time to be able to come back and then move their towns. For a period of time, quite simply, there will be two worlds active, I'm afraid.

You can have a portal open or something for while and it leads to the NewNew World. (Yes, I'm calling it that for the moment.)

Jedoi

Slicer
If we start a petition begging for an RP transfer would that make it possible......?

Leasaur

Slicer
MinecraftJedi127 said:
OFFICIAL LOKA PETITION

All who wish to request an RP event from the Elder known as Cryptite must Quote This Text and add their Username as a Signature of their Agreement to this Petition
Signed, Leasaur

Jedoi

Slicer
Leasaur said:
OFFICIAL LOKA PETITION

All who wish to request an RP event from the Elder known as Cryptite must Quote This Text and add their Username as a Signature of their Agreement to this Petition

Signed, MinecraftJedi127

Lazuli73

Slicer
Leasaur said:
MinecraftJedi127 said:
OFFICIAL LOKA PETITION

Signed, Leasaur

Lazuli73 Fletcher (Hebejewiggenmire)

adderman500

Slicer
Not signed, the admin team. Sorry guys but I'm not sure you appreciate how much work they are for the high-ups especially. I guess you could have some kinda lore, but there will not be a proper humdinger of an event like there was last time.

(yus I got to use the word humdinger)

Opyc

Slicer
Don't make unnecessary stress on crypt. He makes all this effort for a place for you to play on. So no role-play required.

Quote This

Vote no for role-play!

Signed Mopyc

Lazuli73

Slicer
adderman500 said:
(yus I got to use the word humdinger)

Humdinger, that is a fantastic word. I don't care about the RP any more, I am going to use that now. Humdinger

Jedoi

Slicer
I mean can Freyjia at least tell us to move because the Unbound Ones found us or something? No RP at all whatsoever is not possible. It would ruin the story. Thats what Lea and I mean.

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
There will definitely be lore behind the move. What we can't promise is a full scale rp event but we will see what we can do.

Back