Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

1.7 World Change

Lazuli73

Slicer
Just to make me rest better at night, how will the item transfer commence. I'm thinking all items in chests will come with, as well as all ender chests, and what if we have items in our inventory, will they just vanish or will they come with us.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Items in chests within your town should come over. Ender chests won't be touched and items on your inventory... well... that'll come down to however the 1.7 event goes down.

Leasaur

Slicer
Question:
Can you make the spawn coords close/right on 0, 0? Last world was pretty good, since it was about 600 250, but in this world it's a little annoying that we are about 13000 blocks off :/

JocelynReed

Slicer
Leasaur said:
Question:
Can you make the spawn coords close/right on 0, 0? Last world was pretty good, since it was about 600 250, but in this world it's a little annoying that we are about 13000 blocks off :/

actually I agree lets just put spawn at 0,0 if possible

Lazuli73

Slicer
This would be very convenient for both new and regularly active players, not having to memorize som random crazy number.

andrekeroxd

Slicer
Lazuli73 said:
Cryptite said:
Lazuli73 said:
In spawn town can we have a Forgetting Rock.

A what?

It's a rock in which you sit upon and forget things that bother you.

Things that bother you should not be forgotten. They should be affronted, thus making it a learning experience and making you a stronger, better, more mature person.

hyhu

Slicer
Cryptite said:
people need time to be able to come back and then move their towns. For a period of time, quite simply, there will be two worlds active, I'm afraid.

Whew, I'm in quite the pickle here, since I want to start and build a new town but am afraid that I will lose all of the materials that I have for building the town with the transfer to the new map. How long until the new map is opened? I'm thinking that I might be able to construct the town while there are two active worlds, and ask cryptite to move it over. Any ideas or advice?

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
hyhu said:
Whew, I'm in quite the pickle here, since I want to start and build a new town but am afraid that I will lose all of the materials that I have for building the town with the transfer to the new map. How long until the new map is opened? I'm thinking that I might be able to construct the town while there are two active worlds, and ask cryptite to move it over. Any ideas or advice?

Go right ahead and start building your town if you'd like on the current world. All towns will be warped over. If, however, you're the kind of person that likes to build-to-the-terrain, a warped over town may not look as nice.

I wish I could say it would be 'soon' on 1.7, but this update has taken an unprecedented long amount of time to come out.

At the very least, you could create a town with a very small protection as a means by which to better protect what you want to bring with you and save creating the rest of the town for the new world, however, that decision is ultimately yours.

Back