Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

1.7 World Change

Jedoi

Slicer
Magpieman said:
There will definitely be lore behind the move. What we can't promise is a full scale rp event but we will see what we can do.
Okay phew. I didn't mean a huge event, I just thought Crypt meant there was going to be 0 RP, which had Lea and I worried. We were just concerned that was was going to be nothing. I'm just glad that there will be something. :)

Leasaur

Slicer
MinecraftJedi127 said:
I mean can Freyjia at least tell us to move because the Unbound Ones found us or something? No RP at all whatsoever is not possible. It would ruin the story. Thats what Lea and I mean.

Sorry if I panicked you by demanding something massive like the world change :oops: I just meant that we need an explanation. I think some people would be a bit annoyed and confused if there was a massive hole in our lore :?

Lazuli73

Slicer
MinecraftJedi127 said:
What about animals? Like, horses and dogs and cats and mooshrooms in towns?

And all our items, do we have to to the beacon thing again or do we just label chests that we want to keep.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
I'll work with each individual town on transporting things.

Suffice it to say, though, if you're town is mostly enclosed, so long as your things are in chests that are within your town's borders, it should come over fine.

As for animals, that may not work as well, but I'll see what I can do about getting those over. Animal farms, however, won't come with.

Jedoi

Slicer
So, we can keep our horses and cats a dogs, but not the mooshrooms in our mooshroom farm?

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Due to the rarity of mooshrooms, I can just spawn you an adam and eve mooshroom for you to work with :)

Jedoi

Slicer
Cryptite said:
Due to the rarity of mooshrooms, I can just spawn you an adam and eve mooshroom for you to work with :)
Awesome, thank you ver much.
Laz, Lea, we need to name these mooshrooms Adam and Eve. :p

Lazuli73

Slicer
And what about name tags we used on animals, will the named animals come with the move, do we get refunded for them, or do they just vanish forever and it's like, tuff :cry:

JocelynReed

Slicer
are you hoping to get a world seed with a distinct look ?
I.e. islands, or large land masses

Also, will we continue to have large bidomes?

I love the idea of Adam and Eve mooshrooms.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
I've found a seed I'm happy with. The biomes will continue to be large, as for the seed beyond what I've explored (which is only about 1000 blocks in all directions from spawn), I'm letting it be random, so we'll see what we get :)

Essentially, programs like WorldPainter etc don't have updates for 1.7 yet so there's no way to 'fast preview' biomes like we were able to for this current world. I'm just gonna let random chance give us a nice world. What is around the spawn is far better for starting out on the server than our current world (You start on an island plains biome with ocean all around you and no nearby trees with which to craft boats... Who let me do that?). The immediate surroundings of our 1.7 world include plains and extreme hills with oceans/swamps/forests not too far off from there.

I'm not sure how but I'll see if I'm able to transport nametagged animals. If not, I'll provide nametags for free or something.

Lazuli73

Slicer
Cryptite said:
II'm not sure how but I'll see if I'm able to transport name tagged animals. If not, I'll provide name tags for free or something.

I'm glad to hear, er... read that, as name tags are sometimes hard to get, and for town owners, how will we get to pick out new location. Do we get to fly around and choose or do we just give u a list of where and what we want and you just plunk it down and hope we like the location. If its like that, this is Minecraft, their their are no psychics. I can cause a huge natural disaster and I would just regen in health and move on about 500 blocks and do it again.

Psychedelic98

Slicer
Lazuli73 said:
Cryptite said:
II'm not sure how but I'll see if I'm able to transport name tagged animals. If not, I'll provide name tags for free or something.

I'm glad to hear, er... read that, as name tags are sometimes hard to get, and for town owners, how will we get to pick out new location. Do we get to fly around and choose or do we just give u a list of where and what we want and you just plunk it down and hope we like the location. If its like that, this is Minecraft, their their are no psychics. I can cause a huge natural disaster and I would just regen in health and move on about 500 blocks and do it again.
I agree that this is a good idea as long as I get to do it after everyone else's towns are over.
To make sure that I don't take a location that suits them well, of course.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Whenever we can update the server to 1.7, the new world will come shortly thereafter.

As for finding a spot for your town, much like in the current world when we arrived, you're on your own to explore the new lands and find a suitable spot. Once you (and your town members if applicable) have picked a spot, I'll start the transfer process.

Lazuli73

Slicer
Cryptite said:
Whenever we can update the server to 1.7, the new world will come shortly thereafter.

I know that i don't run the serve, and I don't want to make u mad, but some servers have 1.7.2 already. but the one I know of for sure is a gaming server, like mini games. Is it a different update for a normal server or you just can't find it...

Jedoi

Slicer
Lazuli73 said:
Cryptite said:

I know that i don't run the serve, and I don't want to make u mad, but some servers have 1.7.2 already. but the one I know of for sure is a gaming server, like mini games. Is it a different update for a normal server or you just can't find it...

A lot of servers have 1.7.2. In fact, this is the only server I play on that is not 1.7.2. But I'm sure there's good reasons somewhere,

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Most of those servers (Shotbow, HiveMC, etc) aren't really 'running 1.7.2'. What they've done is do some network hacks that allow people with 1.7.2 clients to join the server along with those running 1.6.4, but it does not really offer their servers much in the way of the features of 1.7.

Because bukkit has yet to even release a development build for 1.7.2, any servers like Loka or that aren't extremely customized shouldn't have 1.7 unless I'm missing something.

There are some very unstable 1.7.2 builds for spigot, which we use, but because we're going to have a new world soon, I'd like t least a sort of remotely stable build when we all venture forth rather than have a near-unplayable experience.

Back