Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

1.7 World Change

hyhu

Slicer
Cryptite said:
hyhu said:
Whew, I'm in quite the pickle here, since I want to start and build a new town but am afraid that I will lose all of the materials that I have for building the town with the transfer to the new map. How long until the new map is opened? I'm thinking that I might be able to construct the town while there are two active worlds, and ask cryptite to move it over. Any ideas or advice?

Go right ahead and start building your town if you'd like on the current world. All towns will be warped over. If, however, you're the kind of person that likes to build-to-the-terrain, a warped over town may not look as nice.

I wish I could say it would be 'soon' on 1.7, but this update has taken an unprecedented long amount of time to come out.

At the very least, you could create a town with a very small protection as a means by which to better protect what you want to bring with you and save creating the rest of the town for the new world, however, that decision is ultimately yours.

Will do then, my current residence is a plain house, so I'll set the town in there and once in the new world destroy the house and build the town. Thanks!

Lazuli73

Slicer
Also, I just checked the Amplified world vote, the pole says no for Amplifies land, but i still think it would be cool. Are we going to have a section of the world still be amplified?

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Lazuli73 said:
Also, I just checked the Amplified world vote, the pole says no for Amplifies land, but i still think it would be cool. Are we going to have a section of the world still be amplified?

Most likely not; without some fancy world editing or weird copy pasting, the world can really only be all or none on the amplified thing. Maybe some alternate world as an RP event or something in the future could be amplified or something though.

Jedoi

Slicer
Cryptite said:
Maybe some alternate world as an RP event or something in the future could be amplified or something though.

That would be awesome. The lag would be worth it in a case like that, but really not just on the normal world.

Lazuli73

Slicer
MinecraftJedi127 said:
Cryptite said:
Maybe some alternate world as an RP event or something in the future could be amplified or something though.

That would be awesome. The lag would be worth it in a case like that, but really not just on the normal world.

I agree, what ever happened to that desert temple RP, did it just fall through the cracks. Like you forgot about it and don't care anymore or did the story behind it suck and you just scraped it.

Back