Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Rejected Allow Lunar Client (Heavily Limited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sborm

Muted
Lunar Client is fully blocked currently using the Lunar API, however many people likely have to switch from Lunar to Optifine to even log on to Loka, not to mention the fact that not being able to join on Lunar Client could possibly make people not want to play. You can use the Lunar API to disable specific mods.

Disabling a mod​

• Instantiate a ModSetting that sets the enabled status to false.
  • Send a LCPacketModSettings with ModSettings that affect the mods you wish to disable, like so:
ModSettings.ModSetting disabled = new ModSettings.ModSetting(false, new HashMap<>());

sendPacket(event.getPlayer(), new LCPacketModSettings(
new ModSettings()
.addModSetting("Coordinates", disabled)
.addModSetting("textHotKey", disabled)
));
This is the website for the Lunar Client API, which allows you to download this and implement this feature. You can disable any of the disallowed mods on Loka with this, I will list these below.

A Rough List of Possibly Disallowed Mods.
Auto Text Hot Key
Armor Status
Hypixel Mods
Pot Effects
Direction Hud
Waypoints
Hit Color
Scoreboard
Pot Counter
Tab Editor
Nametags
Nick Hider
Cooldowns
Memory Usage
Combo Counter
Reach Display
Time Changer
Saturation
Item Physics
TNT Countdown
Item Tracker
Team View
NetGraph
All of these are rough, however if this was to be added this would have to be checked obviously.

Last edited:

36s

Slicer
+1 i literally dont see why not. if this is true where u can control what we have and dont have its completely fine.

mads64

Sentry
+1

I would imagine that completely barring off Lunar is just temporary, it is much easier to disable it entirely than it is to disable what isn't deemed allowed, seeing as leniency for client-side mods is still very controversial with the creation of a whitelist being only a year old, I am sure that most PvP clients will be allowed over time as the mod whitelist becomes more solid.

Clients such as Labymod(1.8-1.16.5), Lunar, Badlion all have server API's for the server developers to play with, and all of which give the developers power to dictate which mods they can and cannot enable.

Still though, in my opinion everyone should explore the world of Minecraft mods as they can offer a much more customizable experience, and the possibility for incredible performance compared to a PvP client which is often bloated with mods that you do not need. The approved mod list covers honestly every mod that you should need, and using that list it is very easy to make your own. Experimenting with using Optifine OR Sodium is also a great idea for anyone looking to juice out the most FPS from their block game, Optifine in some cases offers more performance compared to Sodium but that is true vice versa, as it depends on your system hardware and its configuration.

In short, I am sure this will be implemented for all major clients, including Lunar when the developers can get around to it, I am certain that there are much more important things in the works that would be eating up all of their time, and personally I don't think that this should be priority, and with that being said, I hope more people explore playing with mods.

sborm

Muted
I would imagine that completely barring off Lunar is just temporary, it is much easier to disable it entirely than it is to disable what isn't deemed allowed, seeing as leniency for client-side mods is still very controversial with the creation of a whitelist being only a year old, I am sure that most PvP clients will be allowed over time as the mod whitelist becomes more solid.
I haven't fact checked this myself, but I remember someone saying you can connect with Badlion however most mods are forced disabled

Izw

Muted
Lunar Client is fully blocked currently using the Lunar API, however many people likely have to switch from Lunar to Optifine to even log on to Loka, not to mention the fact that not being able to join on Lunar Client could possibly make people not want to play. You can use the Lunar API to disable specific mods.

This is the website for the Lunar Client API, which allows you to download this and implement this feature. You can disable any of the disallowed mods on Loka with this, I will list these below.

All of these are rough, however if this was to be added this would have to be checked obviously.
+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back