Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Rejected Allow Lunar Client (Heavily Limited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sborm

Muted
maybe actually read into it instead of posting a video where someone gets hit once and calling it substantial proof
Assuming you're going off the 1.12 tests CubeCraft did in November 2020? 1641322195334.png
If you read into this more than hearing statements from 2020, then surely you can see how now CubeCraft allows Lunar Client, please spend more than five minutes reading before telling me to read up.
1641322298040.png

FoxyBearGames

Guardian
Does Lunar client modifying KB not raise any concerns about the overall integrity of the client?

The fact that Lunar may have been modifying KB to begin with definitely raises some concerns as to what else might be modified by it.

Vescure

Slicer
Does Lunar client modifying KB not raise any concerns about the overall integrity of the client?

The fact that Lunar may have been modifying KB to begin with definitely raises some concerns as to what else might be modified by it.
also lunar has 3D skins so you might wanna change that to a +1 since the less kb has been proven wrong twice just in this forums post

FoxyBearGames

Guardian
also lunar has 3D skins so you might wanna change that to a +1 since the less kb has been proven wrong twice just in this forums post
The concerns I'm expressing are not that lunar's KB is modified, it's that Lunar's integrity as a trustable client isn't great in my books. I don't trust PVP clients to begin with, let alone ones that Cubecraft banned due to the possibility of modified KB. Who knows, maybe tomorrow's Lunar patch will add some backdoor into your computer, or some more modified KB. I just don't have trust for this client as it stands.

Amphire

The concerns I'm expressing are not that lunar's KB is modified, it's that Lunar's integrity as a trustable client isn't great in my books. I don't trust PVP clients to begin with, let alone ones that Cubecraft banned due to the possibility of modified KB. Who knows, maybe tomorrow's Lunar patch will add some backdoor into your computer, or some more modified KB. I just don't have trust for this client as it stands.
lets say you guys allow it. It isnt going to be your fault that lunar gets a backdoored, or the servers fault. If lunar cleint gives a modified kb and its proven by a video ill happily accept the ban because someone proved it. Lunar is one of the biggest pvp cleints and I dont believe a pvp cleint, which has around 100k people that uses it at the same time will have any kb advantages/backdoors in them. A lot of creaters who partner with them is going to lose there rep aswell and those partners are huge.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
lets say you guys allow it. It isnt going to be your fault that lunar gets a backdoored, or the servers fault. If lunar cleint gives a modified kb and its proven by a video ill happily accept the ban because someone proved it. Lunar is one of the biggest pvp cleints and I dont believe a pvp cleint, which has around 100k people that uses it at the same time will have any kb advantages/backdoors in them. A lot of creaters who partner with them is going to lose there rep aswell and those partners are huge.

This is naive thinking, unfortunately. When we permit a mod, especially one that is so widely used, we basically do force tons of people to use it because we're a PvP server. If using Lunar gives you the best possible experience for fighting in some regard, many towns/alliances will mandate its use, which all comes back to us because we approved it, which means we basically made lots of people install potentially sketch software on their computers.

Badlion has been proven in the past to have some unseemly characteristics and is also why we don't allow it. I wouldn't touch it with a ten pole.

A mod being popular does not guarantee its safety or legitimacy.

Last edited:

Vescure

Slicer
This is naive thinking, unfortunately. When we permit a mod, especially one that is so widely used, we basically do force tons of people to use it because we're a PvP server. If using Lunar gives you the best possible experience for fighting in some regard, many towns/alliances will mandate its use, which all comes back to us because we approved it, which means we basically made lots of people install sketch software on their computers.

Badlion has been proven in the past to have some unseemly characteristics and is also why we don't allow it. I wouldn't touch it with a ten pole.

Lunars client safety API is relatively really safe, both client and server. The client can have certain mods force disabled (although this currently can be client specific.) the reason the client comes with the mods it does is because its both community tested and supported.

Any regards of people exploiting lunar was in the case of trying to bypass its client side anticheat, which has been deprecated and removed for almost a year now. Most mods dont give advantages while others do such as freelook/perspective or even schematic.

The “anti-kb” this was a client side thing lunar had with 1.12 native servers. This doesn't affect modern day servers as knockback is called and referred to differently among 1.12 and 1.13 servers. Servers with viaversion that allowed newer version protocols had this issue

Pvp client helps more with fps in later versions while optifine becomes more redundant as time goes on with its change of core features and engine. (There are many fabric mods that boost fps such as Sodium and others I cNt name atm that give minuscule features that optifine have. Imo better alternative to optifine but less convenient than getting a pvp client overall.) while optifine has been a great alternative for performance pre-1.13, this doesn't seem to be the case in modern times. It helps but not as much as other alternatives.

even a mod that is proven legit and may not always be popular. Ones such as ResolutionTimer (a mod that increases your Monitor/Display response) or ToggleSprint (even though ToggleSprint mods are useless in 1.13+ due to how servers handle sprinting.)

I see no reason why lunar shouldn't be allowed with a few mod restrictions. But the client alone is made to boost performance and simply that. And if you’re worried about the client taking your information, you can always turn off certain settings or even use a custom build of lunar in the settings alone.

-Diamond (Typed for Lucas because he asked nicely :))

jakeman5

Slicer
This is naive thinking, unfortunately. When we permit a mod, especially one that is so widely used, we basically do force tons of people to use it because we're a PvP server.
Nobody will force anyone to use it. Nobody forces anyone to log onto Loka with a specific mod, sometimes people give recommendations but never is anything forced.

If using Lunar gives you the best possible experience for fighting in some regard, many towns/alliances will mandate its use, which all comes back to us because we approved it, which means we basically made lots of people install sketch software on their computers.

You can use that argument with any mod that has been approved by Loka. It just doesn't make sense, be consistent.

coolkidsupa

Perhaps you don't trust it as a whole but anyone that has a bad PC uses Lunar for anything outside of Loka, maybe you don't trust it but why should you dictate over what other people trust? It's not like you're going to use Lunar ( assuming you live up to your claim and don't trust Lunar and refuse to use it ). There are 2 reasons why people don't use Lunar and you know it because both is within Lunar, reason 1 being because Lunar isn't allowed and reason 2 because Loka fights are infamous for tanking FPS for even the best PCs. How do you expect someone with not so good of a PC to be able to play Loka? Playing on Lunar is at their own free will and if they get backdoored or anything like that how is it on you guys? It's not like you guys have to integrate Lunar API if you don't trust just let people play on Lunar. + the claim about the knockback is complete BS and you know it. 1.12 is a drastically different version than 1.17 so how are we supposed to compare and contrast both versions and call it the same?

FoxyBearGames

Guardian
1.12 is a drastically different version than 1.17 so how are we supposed to compare and contrast both versions and call it the same?
I never claimed that it's KB was different on 1.17, what I said was that I don't trust the integrity of the client to not have an issue like that again. You are right on your point about it being up to their free will though, which is fair. I'd be fine with disabling all functions of the client besides ones we allow mods for, but I still generally speaking, do not trust Lunar.

coolkidsupa

I never claimed that it's KB was different on 1.17, what I said was that I don't trust the integrity of the client to not have an issue like that again. You are right on your point about it being up to their free will though, which is fair. I'd be fine with disabling all functions of the client besides ones we allow mods for, but I still generally speaking, do not trust Lunar.
Fair point, if you don't trust it don't use it that's fine by me but why should we disregard the people who are willing to use it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back