Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Announcement: LokaCon 2016!

Which weekend would be best for your attendance to LokaCon 2016?

• Total voters

MasterAegon

Slicer

sXiT7C5.jpg

We're proud to announce the first annual LokaCon!
July, 2016 - Dallas, TX

Specific date and time is to be determined! (see below)

It has been discussed over a lengthy period that it may be a good idea to bring everyone together for a convention dedicated to Loka! Our server and its population have survived the test of time, providing a community with both friendships and feuds. At the end of the day it comes down to one thing. Loka is home to many and a much enjoyed retreat for more.

We have added a poll to see what specific weekend is best for all those that can attend. The location and month are set and we just need to know what is best for the majority! More information will be released in the coming months as far as itinerary, tickets, lodging, etc... The most important factor right now is knowing what would be the best weekend for the event!

We look forward to getting everyone's feedback and hopefully seeing everyone there for the event! Don't forget to keep watch for updates!

Last edited by a moderator:

gabrosen

Slicer
Will their be a live stream in case people cant make it, I live in Florida and just recently put a two weeks notice for my job (going to get a better one) I will not have time to go to this event, though I would love to its just a little out of my way. I really want to see what happens there :)

Thanks-
gabrosen

Lazuli73

Slicer
It would be really cool if we could all do some LARPing. Ah I can see it know, everyone pale as snow hitting each other with dollar store foam swords in a field.

MasterAegon

Slicer
Will their be a live stream in case people cant make it, I live in Florida and just recently put a two weeks notice for my job (going to get a better one) I will not have time to go to this event, though I would love to its just a little out of my way. I really want to see what happens there :)

Thanks-
gabrosen

That is definitely on the card to see if we will have the resources to stream. I hope we are able to so that any who can't be there can be a part in some way.

It would be really cool if we could all do some LARPing. Ah I can see it know, everyone pale as snow hitting each other with dollar store foam swords in a field.

As the admins sit at a table with keyboards and /command cards; Crypt the only one on his feet to rush laboriously among everyone that drew a malfunction.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Agreed, I would venture having a stream of it would be one of the most important things for those who cannot attend.

MasterAegon

Slicer
What about for people who can't go...?

Yes ma'am. It is unclear as to what all will be available specifically. There will likely be something specific attendees get that everyone else cannot.

But still, yes, there will definitely be things available even if you cannot attend in person.

X_Cavator

Slicer
What would we do? I feel like we'd all awkwardly stand around while certain people hug each other.

Last edited:

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
What would we do? I feel like we'd all awkwardly stand around while certain people hug each other.

Hugs for a few hours to start, but I'd wager some panels on the development on the server, pvp, conquest, pve, lore, etc. Probably also like a VotA tournament would be pretty cool I think depending on how many we get.

gabrosen

Slicer
Hugs for a few hours to start, but I'd wager some panels on the development on the server, pvp, conquest, pve, lore, etc. Probably also like a VotA tournament would be pretty cool I think depending on how many we get.

you should make some sort of special battle ground thing, just for this event, but you change it up every year. maybe the winners can get a cool lore item, and any amount of people can join :D

Ajaxan

Slicer
I only joined this community a little over a month ago and I'm already looking forward to this. Glad I live in Austin, getting to Dallas will be a piece of cake! Hope to see a bunch of y'all there.

Just out of curiosity, how many people are y'all expecting to attend? The number of players is growing daily so I can imagine by the time we hit July most of the people attending will be even newer than I am.

Back