Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Announcement: LokaCon 2016!

Which weekend would be best for your attendance to LokaCon 2016?

• Total voters

Ajaxan

Slicer
Whatever works to get as many people there as possible whether it be virtually or in person. One things for sure though, we are going to need some killer connection speeds to handle this many people.

MasterAegon

Slicer
For the people that can't attend, but still want to meet other Lokans irl, what about a place where live video cameras are being used? For example, I can't attend but I'd love to see everyone still so what if there was a computer with my face on it just talking to those that pass by? I think this would be sweet and a huge hit!

That's an interesting idea but that would require a system/device for every person hoping to attend this way. It would also greatly limit your presence to where that device was left to sit for the duration and not wherever a possible feed would go for a live stream. It may be one-way, but a stream is about the only viable way to do it. What you're talking about it more suitable for personal or professional meetings that you can't be there for in person.

gabrosen

Slicer
That's an interesting idea but that would require a system/device for every person hoping to attend this way. It would also greatly limit your presence to where that device was left to sit for the duration and not wherever a possible feed would go for a live stream. It may be one-way, but a stream is about the only viable way to do it. What you're talking about it more suitable for personal or professional meetings that you can't be there for in person.

So we have to do a Live Stream, what program would you use for this? Just asking :)

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
I stream with OBS and we'll probably stream to Twitch. It's trivial to add a webcam and the like to stream, although we may look into more 'professional' options. Rest assured you'll be able to watch it from our twitch page when the event is going on.

gabrosen

Slicer
I stream with OBS and we'll probably stream to Twitch. It's trivial to add a webcam and the like to stream, although we may look into more 'professional' options. Rest assured you'll be able to watch it from our twitch page when the event is going on.

thanks I appreciate it :)

Zor95

Slicer
What are the chances of Artagan arriving in full cosplay, diamond sword and all, and murdering me?

omgkiki

This. Can you imagine all of us degenerates in one room? Someone's bound to get maced (probably me).

omgkiki

e8d9c465a5006e0b426ea98e25068dc6.jpg
Moppydiddles, this is so accurate.

Back