Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Arena Season 1 - Stone

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
HmKmYAo.png

As we near the end of season one and prepare for the onset of 1.6, I feel it is now time to announce how rewards and titles will be handed out when the season ends.

The exact end date of Season 1 is still TBD, but it will most likely be announced when we get a better idea on the release date for 1.6 Once we know, you will likely have 1-2 weeks from that point on before Season 1 officially ends. At the end of Season 1, the standings will be locked and either arenas will be turned off for a week, or i'll just turn off any rating gain for matches.

Titles

At this point, titles will be awarded based on your rank in both the 1v1 and 2v2 brackets. The following is the tentative rundown for calculations and titles (subject to change):

1v1 Bracket
At the current state with 64 players in the rankings:
Gladiator - Top 5% - Ranks 1-4
Duelist - Top 5-10% - Ranks 5-8
Rival - Top 10-15% - Ranks 9-12

2v2 Bracket - For the 2v2 bracket to count for awards, there must be at least 10 distinct 2v2 teams in the bracket with the top teams needing to have played 10+ games in order to be eligible for rewards.

Players who end the season in these top percentages will be awarded that title as the prefix to their name. The number one player in the 1v1 bracket and the number 1 team in the 2v2 bracket will earn a unique title that will be specific to the "material" of the season. For example, Season 1 is the Stone season, Season 2 might be Moss, Brick, Bedrock, etc.

For example:
Steve was #1 in the 1v1 bracket, Bob and Joe were the top 2v2 team. Steve, Bob, and Joe will all receive the title Stone Gladiator. All other top players will receive Gladiator, Duelist, and Rival.

These titles will persist throughout the entirety of Season 2 and will be removed at the end of the new season when new titles are given out.

Also, thanks to 1.6, top players will also receive an added bonus of a reward...

Horses

All gladiators will receive unique Stone Gladiator Warhorses. Gladiators will be able to choose their "make and model" of horse from the various breeds and then be gifted both a saddle as well as diamond armor for their horse. A unique, planned (if it works) feature for these horses is that they'll also be unstealable (maybe), if I can figure out how to do that. The #1 players will received enchanted diamond armor for their horses (which is aesthetic and does not actually give the horse any extra buffs).

At the start of Season 2, all rankings and stats will be wiped and we shall start anew. Better get going on those games!

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
I feel we need to change how 2v2 works because it doesnt seem to be working. Maybe we randomise the pairs and score it on individual performances. Then in special events such as a tournament people can choose who they team up with.

Zor95

Slicer
Crypt was explaining to some of us how he was going to implement individual scores for each member of a 2v2 team to prevent people from leaving a bad team and making another, and also to help match teams to fight. He also said he'd probably wipe 2v2 ranks.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Personal ratings are actually already implemented, there just haven't been any 2v2 games to test that thoroughly with. I intend to keep 2v2 the same (in that you create teams, play them, etc). I wouldn't say 2v2 'isn't working', it's just not popular because we rarely have 4 people willing to do arenas at the same time. I think that will change over time. If you can come up with a solid way to "measure individual performances", then it might be worth taking a look, but it's extremely difficult to do that kind of thing.

Open to ideas though, I'm just not terribly fond of the random 2v2 matchups (at least for a 'rating' situation, because it'll likely end up with everybody being very close in rating since matches will always wind up being theoretically even).

Also, there isn't really much need to wipe the ranks with only like 4 games ever having been played (and even with the PR system, those matches would have been the same matchups). The personal rating thing works when there are 3 or more teams in the queue, but if there are only ever two 2v2 teams queuing 95% of the time, they're always going to get matched against each other.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Technically, yes, but I'm not sure how, yet. Also, there will need to be some legitimate 2v2 games actually played as well. I'd say there probably needs to be a minimum of 10 games played and maybe at least 6 or 7 different teams in the rankings before 2v2's could even count.

mopb3

Slicer
Me and baron will be happy to fight you two, It'll be nice to get our ratings up.

Back