Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Arena Season 1 - Stone

Zor95

Slicer
Assuming we're counting everyone and not just people who have competed in 10+ matches it currently stands that...

Gladiator - Top 5%
Now ranks 1-4

Duelist - Top 5-10%
Now ranks 5-8

Rival - Top 10-15%
Now ranks 9-12

If not then that eliminates about 40 people from the brackets and it would be...

Gladiator - Top 5%
Ranks 1-2

Duelist - Top 5-10%
Ranks 3-4

Rival - Top 10-15%
Ranks 5-6

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
I intended that the 10 match minimum only applied to those who would receive a title and that it would not eliminate/re-order all of the rankings (except those in the top 15%), so your top estimate would be right at the moment.

Zor95

Slicer
Graphs either aren't updating or are locked to display only a certain number of games.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
I broke some stuff, it's all fixed now. Minus the last game on the chart bug. I feel that may be a bug that's just an issue with some data maybe being off in season 1, if it persists in s2 i'll take another look into why it's happening.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
A note on the end of season awards. While those who would be eligible for rewards would need to have 10 games played at least, I will be removing all of the players with only 1 game played from the list before calculating rewards. That said, at the time of this writing, that removes 20 people from the list, thereby still making the top 12 players eligible for titles+.

As for straight up numbers on 2v2, I'm going to say that there will need to be at least 10 different teams (having played more than 1 game) with the top 3 needing to have played at least 10 games each for the 2v2 bracket to be eligible for rewards and stuff.

Zor95

Slicer
Suggestion:

Decide this for yourself who this reward would apply to, but I think a certain percentage of players should receive a set of arena armor with the color they had for that season. It could be dyed of course, but I still think it would be cool to have a way to obtain the armor without glitching.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
I've always wanted an ability to gift the people unlocking armor with the ability to wear that armor, somehow, in the regular world so they can actually show off their progress outside of the arena. The only problem I had was how to do this without flat out giving away armor all the time. The only thought I had was that maybe, so long as you are in spawn protection, your armor could change to reflect your pvp armor set, but the minute you left spawn protection, it would revert to whatever armor you were normally wearing. This could also be toggleable.

I could also use the 1.6 Attribute System in order to give reward armor some extra cool stuff.

The only other problem is that anybody can currently craft the armor that people wear in the arenas if they wanted to, which kind of defeats the purpose...

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Well the run speed is just an attribute for the armor that you can wear at spawn, you don't get it everywhere.

We can differentiate between the armor you get during the season and can wear in spawn versus the armor you could win at the end of a season and keep. The question is how to keep that armor from being stolen or lost on death etc...

Perhaps I could make a "changing station" at spawn that you can run into to don your gear and it just goes away whenever you leave spawn, logout, etc.

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
Problem is often people want to show off their skin, forcing them into armour would cover it up.

Zor95

Slicer
Cryptite said:
Gladiators will be able to choose their "make and model" of horse from the various breeds [...]

Are skeleton and zombie horses fair game? o:

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Hmmmmmm, perhaps.... I like the idea of those being truly unique in that they're in no-way obtainable by others...

Back