Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Battleground: Valley of the Artifacts

JocelynReed

Slicer
Re: Battleground First Look: Valley of the Artifacts

Zor95 said:
Psychedelic98 said:
Zor95 said:
Note to testers: Don't even try to smuggle the armor out. :p

I will find you unless your joce or opyc
Fixed

Those haxz0rz wouldn't die to smite. I should just ban them.

Work on your aim :p

Not my fault crypt made me smite proof cause he loves me so. :)

<3 Crypty

Zor95

Slicer

JocelynReed said:
Work on your aim :p

Opyc was in a hole... I may not be great at aiming lightning but I'm not that bad.

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One

Ok it seems the points are not always capturing, can we get a timer or some visual to see how long it takes. Also sometimes it would say we took it but it stayed grey, this can get very confusing.(or i would go to a grey point and it would say other team had lost it after standing on it for ages)

memrme disconnected during a bg and kept respawning there with no armour and wasn't counted as part of the match.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder

I would advise not doing VotA at the moment due to all the bugs. I'm aware of most of those, so it's just a matter of getting some fixes in. Noted, nonetheless.

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One

ok i managed to break a few things with the help of zor. I /bg while in game and joined again as same team. Zor swapped teams when did this and ended up on both so couldnt capture points. Me and zor could also /queue and /arena challenge. I ended up losing my gear after all this too.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder

Many fixes this morning:

• You can now /leave while queued for battleground. This also works in the battleground to leave it.
  • Disconnecting in the battleground will now remove you from it, restoring you to where you were when you log back in.
  • Queuing bugs for arenas, bg's, etc while in the the battleground have been fixed.
  • Player join and leave messages have been added as announcements to the battleground.

adderman500

Slicer

Can we implement a way to surrender? Or just a way to manually end the game.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder

Yeah I could do some sort of situation where if one team leaves entirely, the game ends immediately. That or if the number of players in the game is less than 3, it ends after a minute or something.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder

Changes:

• The artifacts will now light up in a progress-meter fashion to display capture progress.
  • Added a triple-cap notification.
  • Match maximum length has been increased to 20 minutes.
  • Added a 10 second post-match wait timer so you have some time to think on your win or loss before getting returned to Loka.

Zor95

Slicer

Cryptite said:
Changes:

• Added a 10 second post-match wait timer so you have some time to think on your win or loss before getting returned to Loka.

Walk of shame please?

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One

A couple of suggestions, i think whilst in bg there should be a completely different chat to avoid spamming of chat and/or a team chat within bg. Also i think weather should be perma toggled to sun, rain can cause lag which is no fun in a pvp environment.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder

You people and your weather complaints.

adderman500

Slicer

Some people like it, some don't, but if a neutral artifact is nearly captured by one team, say one block away, the other team can run in and take it fully for themselves, by only being there for one blocks worth of time (i hope you understand all that). Is this deliberate?

Zor95

Slicer

Rephrase:

All progress made toward capturing an artifact is neutral. Therefore, one team can do all the work and another can run in at the last second and capture it for their team.

I find it annoying.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder

That is a bug i'm aware of, but I couldn't decide whether I was ok with it or not, but I do see how it'd be dumb the way it is. I shall fix it.

mopb3

Slicer

Cryptite said:
That is a bug i'm aware of, but I couldn't decide whether I was ok with it or not, but I do see how it'd be dumb the way it is. I shall fix it.
I like it, means you can sneaky hide behind a tree and go in and bash them stealing their progress towards capture :D

Back