Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Battleground: Valley of the Artifacts

JocelynReed

Slicer
Psychedelic98 said:
I believe there should be a penalty for queueing but not joining because certain people JOCE don't join because they look at the teams and see a minor imbalance.

I don't remember this

andrekeroxd

Slicer
Psychedelic98 said:
Also it would be awesome if you could get rid of the tall grass in the battlegrounds.

Aye, get rid of all the flowers and grass directly in the battlefield please, I don't mind the one that is far away from places where we battle (ornamental)

Zor95

Slicer
No, I am not color blind Crypt. Nor am I special.

Tab does not show bg colors [again].

Zor95

Slicer
Well we should have some way to see who is on what team. Doesn't matter when as long as it's before we start killing people.

Although if the intention is indeed to hide teams so people don't /leave, then you'll have to get rid of the join messages too.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Colors missing from tab list is not intentional, I'm pretty sure it's the plugin I added that gives people titles since that works based off of scoreboard teams. I'll be workin on that.

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
It officially just broke, certain players were showing up as one team but had armour of the other and could not cap or kill. We got the constant wither noise every min or so while in bg and after it had finished. The teams were also showing up as 4v2 which is also not right.

adderman500

Slicer
Players start on one team then switch to another after 10 seconds or so. These players then cannot take part in the battle, they cannot kill nor be killed. It's so broken right now its unreal. Happens one in three games I would suggest.

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
Balancing doesnt work. I first get put on a team with jedi against joce psy and opyc. so thats rank 12 and 91 vs 5, 11, 81. Then jedi leaves and timvampire joins in her place before the match actually started. We need to give players ranked in the top 15 or so of arenas a much higher influence and those right near the bottom no or very very little influence.

Jedoi

Slicer
Magpieman said:
Balancing doesnt work. I first get put on a team with jedi against joce psy and opyc. so thats rank 12 and 91 vs 5, 11, 81. Then jedi leaves and timvampire joins in her place before the match actually started. We need to give players ranked in the top 15 or so of arenas a much higher influence and those right near the bottom no or very very little influence.

Okay, two things:
1.What do you mean by "influences"? As a very low ranking player in arenas, this caught my attianion.

2. In my defense for /leaving, I had a good reason.

Zor95

Slicer
The most basic thing to do Jedi, is to add a multiplier to certain ranks. So the top player's rating could be worth 3x more in a BG than someone right in the middle of ranks. You could go the other way as well and the lowest ranked player could be worth only a third or a quarter of their given rating.

It makes a small difference when teams are calculated.

Psychedelic98

Slicer
One of the issues is that some people's arena ranks don't accurately reflect their vota skills. I'd say opyc is better than mag in vota but at the time had a lower rating. Joces rating is a lot lower than Tim's so it's only natural that I'd be placed on that team.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
It's an attempt, which I view is better than nothing. It's true it's not an accurate reflection, but it's somewhat of a reflection nonetheless. Unless battlegrounds become big enough often enough that it can truly be random, there has to be something of an attempt at balance. But it also helps if the balancing is right.

Back