Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Implement in Future Brewing (Alcohol) Ideas

What do you like most about the suggestion/want implimented? (Can select multiple! I think...)

• Achievements

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • More secret brews

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • WHISKEY (and other common brews)

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Nothing

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DeceitfulPear

Guardian
So as a bartender and enthusiast in brewing various things in real life, when I discovered it was something I could do in Loka I was extremely excited and just have various ideas for it.

For one I was thinking to encourage the use of the plugin a bit more there could be some achievements linked to brewing/drinking alcohol just for those on the server that love fulfilling all achievements in Loka and to make brewing more fulfilling in some way. Perhaps discovering and successfully brewing each of the brews that are special for each continent, brewing one of each "common" (readily found in spawn library) brews, and perhaps some others.

I also am not completely aware as to how long ago the special brews were added but perhaps more special brews could be added for other lands such as the Nether Island, The End, and Aladra. Nether could use some sort of combination of netherwart, ghast tears, or really just anything that you can get there. The End could use Purpur flowers as a key ingredient possibly. Maybe even some brews that could reference older Generations in some way but I honestly don't know enough to be able to brain storm ideas for those.

Or even just implement some real world brews! Most notable idea I had was various whiskies using a combination of seeds and wheat to symbolize the various grains that go into creating real life whisky. Also not sure if it is possible with the plugin but whiskey is often brewed in barrels that were used in the making of other alcohols to impart flavour so if its possible for it to change if it is being aged alongside another alcohol that would be cool too!

Sorry if this is long winded for something that others may not even care about too much but as the local fisherman/brewer/town drunk from Firsthold I felt the need to impart some of my ideas to expand this side of Loka even more! Also, I apologize for any spelling and/or formatting errors with this post, this is my first post that on here that actually holds some sort of length

Skuhoo

Administrator
Staff member
Elder
Whiskey is already a recipe, but having brews change based on what alcohols it's aged next to is outside the limitations of the brewery plugin we use.

I'm on board with adding completely new recipes, though @Grubul might be mad he'll have to rewrite his brewing guidebook!

DeceitfulPear

Guardian
Ah, wasn't entirely sure of all the things yet, was mostly spouting stuff I randomly thought of (and half of the things I thought of while writing the original post). And I'm sure Grubul's possible annoyance will be overshadowed by the excitement and grind of experimentation to find the new recipes ;P

I've thought of possible things already and if anythings added I'll be grinding and testing alongside everyone else trying to discover them haha

Back