Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Changes to Town Betrayal

Status
Not open for further replies.

SayreSlayer

Muted
And somewhat unrelated but... who's this we you're referring to? Aren't you permabanned? You're making the most fuss out of anyone else in the forum but you can't even play Loka.
I co-own the biggest alliance on the server right now, even while banned,
which is why I care what happens to my towns. I do think froggys post is too negative aswell but the communication here on what will be still and not be striked is incredibly vague. I’m not trying to fear monger or cause a fuss or whatnot, but I do want to know what’s expected of my towns so we can stay complaint and save staff and us time in the future, which is currently unclear. Lemon and myself have asked multiple times of what is expected of us to zone for members and will be strikeworthy. Instead of certain materials or good examples, we have only been told vaguely that “extreme cases”, “clear negligence” or owner storage would be striked.
Obviously our owner storage is zoned. We are asking the very simple yes no question of where the line between conquest needed unzones areas and unneeded for conquest unzoned areas would be is in the staffs point of view. This should be a very quick and easy “pots, pearls n food”, like you said yourself, but instead it has been unclear still, leading us to probably just zone everything off and hand it out manually if it’s just gonna be up to the discretion of a given staff member to give us a strike or not. Without a clear definition of what is and is not expected we fear getting these strikes against our town, which would be a huge blow to a town actively participating in conquest. If our only risk for strikes is having everything unzoned, I’d appreciate if someone in staff said that so we don’t risk strikes. Many of lokas rules are unwritten or implied as common sense, but this one feels like it DEFINENTLY should be clear. Although staff obviously need some leyway and will communicate to us why we are given a strike, I think it’s important to know as of know what is expected and what is not expected of a certain town owner. I’m sure all anyone is asking us is to keep standard zones that most towns have, but without actually knowing what is expected out of us, many of our town owners are confused on what they will have to change and if they are already in violation of this new rule. I really wonder how much passively agressively tone policing other, actually active members, unlike you and me, with genuine concerns about their town, is helping in this discussion. I don’t know why avoiding this confusion entirely by stating our the expectations here is so difficult. I guarantee that the five minutes it takes to write out what staff is expecting for zones will save both players and admins time in the future.

Last edited:

FoxyBearGames

Guardian
I co-own the biggest alliance on the server right now, even while banned,
which is why I care what happens to my towns. I do think froggys post is too negative aswell but the communication here on what will be still and not be striked is incredibly vague. Lemon and myself have asked multiple times of what is expected of us to zone for members and will be strikeworthy. Instead of certain materials or good examples, we have only been told vaguely that “extreme cases”, “clear negligence” or owner storage would be striked.
Obviously our owner storage is zoned. We are asking the very simple yes no question of where the line between conquest needed unzones areas and unneeded for conquest unzoned areas would be is in the staffs point of view. This should be a very quick and easy “pots, pearls n food”, like you said yourself, but instead it has been unclear still, leading us to probably just zone everything off and hand it out manually if it’s just gonna be up to the discretion of a given staff member to give us a strike or not. Without a clear definition of what is and is not expected we fear getting these strikes against our town, which would be a huge blow to a town actively participating in conquest. If our only risk for strikes is having everything unzoned, I’d appreciate if someone in staff said that so we don’t risk strikes. Many of lokas rules are unwritten or implied as common sense, but this one feels like it DEFINENTLY should be clear. Although staff obviously need some leyway and will communicate to us why we are given a strike, I think it’s important to know as of know what is expected and what is not expected of a certain town owner. I’m sure all anyone is asking us is to keep standard zones that most towns have, but without actually knowing what is expected out of us, many of our town owners are confused on what they will have to change and if they are already in violation of this new rule. I really wonder how much passively agressively tone policing other, actually active members, unlike you and me, with genuine concerns about their town, is helping in this discussion. I don’t know why avoiding this confusion entirely by stating our the expectations here is so difficult. I guarantee that the five minutes it takes to write out what staff is expecting for zones will save both players and admins time in the future.
I feel that writing out these expectations into the rule wouldn't be a bad idea. I really doubt your example of the war room void storage would be something that the admins would strike you for, however I do feel that at least giving an example of what would and would not warrant a strike isn't a terrible idea for people reading into the town betrayal rule.

Skuhoo

Administrator
Staff member
Elder
I feel that writing out these expectations into the rule wouldn't be a bad idea. I really doubt your example of the war room void storage would be something that the admins would strike you for, however I do feel that at least giving an example of what would and would not warrant a strike isn't a terrible idea for people reading into the town betrayal rule.

Mag already did that...

This change will not affect the majority of you. This is purely to prevent abuse of the system, which was happening from select individuals. Giving fighters access to potions is very different from them having access to owners storage. We will communicate with owners if we feel there are problems with how they have things are set up but in most cases, things will continue as normal.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Some rules are meant to, and need to be more broad than extremely detailed because not all situations are the same. This is one of them. Precisely detailed rules will, as others have said, make it clear exactly what kind of betrayal is legal and everybody will then betray exactly that much.

If you aren't sure whether something in your town will lead to a strike, err on the side of caution. Really, just protect your stuff or come up with better solutions for distribution of Conquest Materials if need be.

It will come down to negligence on the part of the owners who report the betrayals that the strikes will come into play. We will use our discretion just like we do with other types of rule-violations. If our discretion is unsatisfactory to you, then that is another issue, but is not going to change how this change is going to be enforced.

SayreSlayer

Muted
Some rules are meant to, and need to be more broad than extremely detailed because not all situations are the same. This is one of them. Precisely detailed rules will, as others have said, make it clear exactly what kind of betrayal is legal and everybody will then betray exactly that much.

If you aren't sure whether something in your town will lead to a strike, err on the side of caution. Really, just protect your stuff or come up with better solutions for distribution of Conquest Materials if need be.

It will come down to negligence on the part of the owners who report the betrayals that the strikes will come into play. We will use our discretion just like we do with other types of rule-violations. If our discretion is unsatisfactory to you, then that is another issue, but is not going to change how this change is going to be enforced.
ok thank you

casperistrash

And somewhat unrelated but... who's this we you're referring to? Aren't you permabanned? You're making the most fuss out of anyone else in the forum but you can't even play Loka.
u havent played loka in like 2 years so of course you have no idea who sayre is or what influence he has in his alliance, he cares abt his alliance and doesnt want to get insided

Silver911

Slicer
u havent played loka in like 2 years
Sayre has the right to talk, so does Kallious. Let's all just share our opinions with no arguments as no one here is more special than someone else. Kallious made a fair point and so did you. Let's keep it to town betrayal talks, to which I think we received our outcome.
thanks Crypt, and can do!

SilentStormSix

Sentry
Sayre has the right to talk, so does Kallious. Let's all just share our opinions with no arguments as no one here is more special than someone else. Kallious made a fair point and so did you. Let's keep it to town betrayal talks, to which I think we received our outcome.

thanks Crypt, and can do!
silver I do not want to hear it from you, you rob my entire storage and blame it on your sister on the daily smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back