Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Changes to Towns

Cthan

and they should be able to enjoy the server while playing and not have to grind shards all the time
sure but with that logic you might aswell make everything on the server free if you want the server to be fun 24/7. and I doubt it'll be going for shards all the time, if someone doesn't wanna mine an RI once a month to pay for their town then they shouldn't own one.

bigboyyacht

sure but with that logic you might aswell make everything on the server free if you want the server to be fun 24/7. and I doubt it'll be going for shards all the time, if someone doesn't wanna mine an RI once a month to pay for their town then they shouldn't own one.
you act like RI once a month is gonna be able to cover this? to me it sounds like you're gonna need 4 or 5 ppl each doing RI once every 3 days and donating half of what they make to upkeep (assuming they make 4k each)

Cthan

you act like RI once a month is gonna be able to cover this? to me it sounds like you're gonna need 4 or 5 ppl each doing RI once every 3 days and donating half of what they make to upkeep (assuming they make 4k each)
i highly doubt they'd make it this expensive.
"This won't be a paralyzing change" -Cryptite

Terenoca

Slicer
Huge -1, If you leave a town for whatever reason, you shouldn't get preferential treatment. You left, whether for malice or not. You shouldn't be able to skirt the rules
true maybe add like a cooldown or something, but one thing is true, karlos would die if this rule gets to exist. No1 would want to move to karlos due to needing to wait 1 month to get ownership of that town, on a dead continent without wars + no1 would want to make a town there knowing ppl wouldnt want to wait 1 month on that continent if they want to buy ppls town +karlos is action is based on 2 months a year where random ppl move to get some action and cool fights there, which will not happen at all due to needing to wait 1 month to get theyr town back once theyr back from karlos and 1 month in karlos if they want to buy theyr town, which ends up on people not wanting to move making karlos dead

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
true maybe add like a cooldown or something, but one thing is true, karlos would die if this rule gets to exist. No1 would want to move to karlos due to needing to wait 1 month to get ownership of that town, on a dead continent without wars + no1 would want to make a town there knowing ppl wouldnt want to wait 1 month on that continent if they want to buy ppls town +karlos is action is based on 2 months a year where random ppl move to get some action and cool fights there, which will not happen at all due to needing to wait 1 month to get theyr town back once theyr back from karlos and 1 month in karlos if they want to buy theyr town, which ends up on people not wanting to move making karlos dead

The entire point is precisely so that people don't create bunch of random crap towns just to try out Kalros for a month and then leave it all to die. We are not against the migration factor for conquest, i think it keeps things fresh, but jumping back and forth to poor holder towns is what we're solving for.

There could be a separate discussion about how one could better "migrate to do conquest" (we've brought it up once or twice internally), but this only applies to town owners in full. Every single other player can still just move to Kalros to fight if they want.

Last edited:

Terenoca

Slicer
The entire point is precisely so that people don't create bunch of random crap towns just to try our Kalros for a month and then leave it all to die. We are not against the migration factor for conquest, i think it keeps things fresh, but jumping back and forth to poor holder towns is what we're solving for.

There could be a separate discussion about how one could better "migrate to do conquest" (we've brought it up once or twice internally), but this only applies to town owners in full. Every single other player can still just move to Kalros to fight if they want.
after these rules there will be no karlos at all thats what im trying to say lol, karlos towns average less then 3 actives, a lot of towns would die because no1 wants to buy them or the owner cant get actives, and that "random crap towns" wouldnt be created...

KettleMoth

Changes look good overall! Seems to me like a good way to foster player engagement with their towns!

A thought occurs to me however! Hypotemabus and I (both co-owners of Seafire. Strongeee's town) left Seafire a couple of days ago on a temporary basis to go to Sandsete to work on a joint building project with them, as something of a diplomatic and trade mission, with the intention of returning to Seafire once the mission has concluded.

While I assume the new limitations on town transfers would not affect us (as we are just co-owners under Strongeee) I thought it may be worth considering adding a diplomatic role in towns of a sort? Something that would let town owners go to and contribute to allied towns on a temporary basis without forefeiting their role in their own town?

Zachary_N_Kaleno

Sentry
Community Rep
Changes look good overall! Seems to me like a good way to foster player engagement with their towns!

A thought occurs to me however! Hypotemabus and I (both co-owners of Seafire. Strongeee's town) left Seafire a couple of days ago on a temporary basis to go to Sandsete to work on a joint building project with them, as something of a diplomatic and trade mission, with the intention of returning to Seafire once the mission has concluded.

While I assume the new limitations on town transfers would not affect us (as we are just co-owners under Strongeee) I thought it may be worth considering adding a diplomatic role in towns of a sort? Something that would let town owners go to and contribute to allied towns on a temporary basis without forefeiting their role in their own town?
Just have the folks add you as a builder. I used to be in a town that literally required me to get added as a builder nearly everyday.

SilentStormSix

Sentry
They didnt mention if they were gonna allow shulkers in it, or not, if they are then that changes everything, if they dont then you are 100% correct sir
1701819716167.png

Besides that, a concern I have might be with newer players trying to make a town (if they even get past leaving spawn) and sustaining it, I've talked with a few people and a somewhat common topic was that people they recruited often had some trouble understanding the concept of an "RI". There definitely needs to be some more guidance as to what people are supposed to do in this regard as many expect it to be like regular minecraft where you can get a bunch of ores by strip mining. Although the cost changes are said to not be paralyzing, this may fail to recognize a newer players experience and could cause trouble for them and their experience while they try to find their footing on the server, not all players are scooped up immediately out of the intro into some pvp town, a somewhat large chunk just leave confused and disappointed.

You could argue however that new players don't even make it to that point so it can't be that big of an issue but that is also an issue because new players should be able to know their options and what to do on the server, some new players log off, lost in spawn, never to log in again due to having a poor and confused first impression, which is a whole other problem.

As for the personal vault I think it is very nice to finally have the ability to protect some loot that can't fit in your echest from a tyrannical town owner that uses the rules to steal from all their members. It also provides a safe haven for more nomadic players.

and my rambling is over...
(i wrote this while being very exhausted so it may take a few reads to understand my tired mess)

bat3415

Staff member
Elder
one suggestion, maybe make it so old town owners of that town once they come back to theyr old town they dont need to wait 30 days to get ownership back
You have a month until these changes go into effect to rejoin and take ownership of said town.

mads64

Sentry
I do like the idea of culling crappy towns and improving overall town quality, but I feel like this hurts towns like mine that are meant to be a "build town" a lot of precious time is already spent planning and then building, in addition to funding said builds, which often requires buying exorbitantly expensive materials, like wood. Build towns such as mine also tend to have very few players, since the community is so saturated to meat head pvpers, so it really isn't feasible to try and run a build only town. Meaning grinding for this sort of town will just be more of a chore if taxes are increased in a significant fashion... It seems like the town, in order to survive, would be forced into being more pvp focused, since that is what gets more players, and honestly, any players at all. And I genuinely don't want my town to be one. And by pvp town I mean one that recruits as much as it can. Also, there's only a handful of us build towns left, Covens Crypt and Volterra, which had some beautiful builds with lots of effort put into them recently fell. So making it even harder to maintain might make them suffer even more.

tldr, build towns might be negatively impacted by this despite part of the goal being to cull poopy underground towns that don't really matter

Last edited:

glory

How am I supposed to steal from my town members if the stuff I wanna steal is locked in a vault I can’t access ?

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
tldr, build towns might be negatively impacted by this despite part of the goal being to cull poopy underground towns that don't really matter

I get where you're coming from, but from a gameplay standpoint, there can't really be such a thing as builder towns or pvp towns. All towns require some level of upkeep to exist which, for all intents and purposes, just means people need to go to the RI every once in awhile. I also get that builder towns may have less players but it certainly wouldn't be fair to carve out any sort of exceptions for towns based on a "type" either. This is just one of those things where some are indeed disproportionally affected, but there's really not much we can do about it.

Back