Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Suggestion Changing Zyre For The Better?

Toaster_

Hello everyone

As most of you know, there have been a lot of complaints about the removal of end red tag and the addition of gank isle. Many players dislike the sheer size of Zyre and the effort they have to put into running around and finding players or the amount of time consumed by waiting on the boat and picking a drop location just for not a single soul to be there. While on the other side of the argument, most players can agree there are many positives to Zyre including its unique landscape and mechanics and the ability to conserve pots and pearls.

Many players have proposed to bring back red end tag so players could return to ganking the way they used to, but this would render gank isle useless and make it hard to grind. I have a proposition I think most players would deem a great way to make both parties of the Zyre or end debate along with keeping all the positive features of both.

My idea would instead of having a drop boat at gank isle that takes a lot of time to use, add a dock in the center or in a random location in the safe-area rotation. And the drop boat would instead take you to a dock instead of dropping you straight into the fight. The docks would of course allow you to enter and leave Zyre while still being able to see if people are around to fight. These docks could rotate with the corruption rotation to a new location. These docks don't have to be large in size, but it being there could make going to gank more convenient and more enjoyable.

This is just s suggestion but I think many loka players would enjoy this addition a lot and I'm open to expanding on this idea and hopefully bringing it to life.

Yours truly, Toaster_ (ZaidQ)

dmacest

+1 most players liked End being red tag the most because of docks, I think the drop location idea is unique, but it’s just not convenient and makes ganking more of a hassle instead of going there if you’re bored or to have fun. Rotating docks seems like a genuinely amazing idea. To the Loka staff, please don’t shut down this idea because you think gank isle is fine how it is, I dont mean this in a disrespectful way, but none of you gank, and dismissing it because you like this personally is stupid. I will confidently say that a majority of the Loka community will agree with this, or atleast like it more than the current drop system. Honestly over all, make a new way to get there, it doesn’t have to be docks, but the one we have now is not the same.

bl8_

Muted
Your not the first one to segguest this and you probably won't be the last to do so
Although end was nore fun to gank in, you got kbed off to the void 70% of the times and didn't get the pots back

Mocc1

Guardian
It would bring back the same issue end had, minus void&invis kiting, but I think the idea of a safezone and being able to see if someones there or not isn't honestly that horrible. The safezone would be cheesable regardless but itd just be something you gotta accept.

berdb

Slicer
Yeah sure it'll be fun for a bit, but there would be no reason to leave the area the dock is currently located in + currently when you drop at Zyre you get outnumbered 99% of the time (unless your in bits/rp), but you still drop anyway since you have no idea whos there/how many are there. However with a docks system, people would go there and see they are outnumbered then just leave/sit there until its even numbers.
+ It would be way way too easy to kite, there are 41240184 different ways, but you could literally just skybase straight up like people are rn, then pearl into the docks and your safe.

Blissterz

+1 this would make it much easier to find fights in general. This would also give players more of a reason to play loka when there is no conquest

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
This is a topic we have discussed with at least the last 3 sets of LCRs. Every time the unanimous feedback has been the majority of people prefer Zyre and it is the vocal minority who liked end dock fights better. It is worth noting Zyre functions the way it does currently due to feedback from the community, one of the main ones being the dislike of cheesy dock fights. We cannot add a dock to Zyre without impacting the non dock PvP as there will always be a large easy to access safe zone.

However, we do acknowledge there is a small section of the community who would like access to some form of dock PvP and have discussed this with the LCRs. The current plan is to add a small isolated island detached from Zyre that would focus on this and be accessed via the same Zyre airship. There is no current timeline for this but if it's something that appeals to you and/or there are specific mechanics that you would like to see please contact an LCR so they can discuss it with us and provide feedback on the demand for this.

coolkidsupa

+1 Zyre > end of course but I like the idea of docks. Adds a more realistic feel to gank isle. Zyre is imo too big for the amount of players that play Loka and I think a dock will help produce more pvp.

Txnhh

Hello everyone

As most of you know, there have been a lot of complaints about the removal of end red tag and the addition of gank isle. Many players dislike the sheer size of Zyre and the effort they have to put into running around and finding players or the amount of time consumed by waiting on the boat and picking a drop location just for not a single soul to be there. While on the other side of the argument, most players can agree there are many positives to Zyre including its unique landscape and mechanics and the ability to conserve pots and pearls.

Many players have proposed to bring back red end tag so players could return to ganking the way they used to, but this would render gank isle useless and make it hard to grind. I have a proposition I think most players would deem a great way to make both parties of the Zyre or end debate along with keeping all the positive features of both.

My idea would instead of having a drop boat at gank isle that takes a lot of time to use, add a dock in the center or in a random location in the safe-area rotation. And the drop boat would instead take you to a dock instead of dropping you straight into the fight. The docks would of course allow you to enter and leave Zyre while still being able to see if people are around to fight. These docks could rotate with the corruption rotation to a new location. These docks don't have to be large in size, but it being there could make going to gank more convenient and more enjoyable.

This is just s suggestion but I think many loka players would enjoy this addition a lot and I'm open to expanding on this idea and hopefully bringing it to life.

Yours truly, Toaster_ (ZaidQ)
tldr but I think its a good idea

RealBigG

Muted
let’s be real. Zyre was the downfall of ganks. The only other downfall was the abuse of the kb sword. Ganks should be a small place but lots of people. That’s why the end was so good for this. It was a tiny place to fight and there was always people there. Now you have to get on a boat and drop to find no one there then run back to an escape boat. There’s gotta be better ways for ganks to happen.

Kippehz

Muted
let’s be real. Zyre was the downfall of ganks. The only other downfall was the abuse of the kb sword. Ganks should be a small place but lots of people. That’s why the end was so good for this. It was a tiny place to fight and there was always people there. Now you have to get on a boat and drop to find no one there then run back to an escape boat. There’s gotta be better ways for ganks to happen.
zyre was a cool thing but the community is what ruined ganks

Toaster_

This is a topic we have discussed with at least the last 3 sets of LCRs. Every time the unanimous feedback has been the majority of people prefer Zyre and it is the vocal minority who liked end dock fights better. It is worth noting Zyre functions the way it does currently due to feedback from the community, one of the main ones being the dislike of cheesy dock fights. We cannot add a dock to Zyre without impacting the non dock PvP as there will always be a large easy to access safe zone.

However, we do acknowledge there is a small section of the community who would like access to some form of dock PvP and have discussed this with the LCRs. The current plan is to add a small isolated island detached from Zyre that would focus on this and be accessed via the same Zyre airship. There is no current timeline for this but if it's something that appeals to you and/or there are specific mechanics that you would like to see please contact an LCR so they can discuss it with us and provide feedback on the demand for
Just as great a solution! I would love that to be added but make sure its always in corruption rotation. My reasoning for a rotating docks is that it would allow all the locations to be explored like before but this would be a tremendous addition.

Back