Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Currency: What do you deposit/withdraw form bank?

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
I had a thought, the thing i dislike most about banks is the fact you can swap currency with them. If a bank was solely a place to deposit your ores and you could only withdraw exactly what you put in, i wouldn't mind it. The main issues with swapping currency is that the items you withdraw are spawned in so we end up with more diamonds round the server than there would be if it was vanilla. The other problem is valuing each ore for both bank and gen. For example i am happy with lapis having a higher value if it is just used to power a gen but if it can be swapped for diamond (2 lapis blocks per diamond) it becomes a bit over powered so it is very hard to find a balance. Without banks swapping currency we can make items such as lapis have a slightly higher value to make running a gen a little bit easier.

Zor95

Slicer
That's a great idea Mag, but Mojang beat you to it. They named it the Ender Chest. :3

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
Im aware but the feedback im getting is the ender chest isn't big enough and if they fill it they cant use it for transporting stuff etc, and thats why people want the bank.

Zor95

Slicer
Magpieman said:
Im aware but the feedback im getting is the ender chest isn't big enough and if they fill it they cant use it for transporting stuff etc, and thats why people want the bank.

That's the point. Why would you want to give players room to store everything that is of value to them thus putting raiders out of a job?

mopb3

Slicer
I still don't think we should remove the bank, but if the mighty unquestionable Magpieman says so, then I guess it's settled :p

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
I still like the idea of keeping banks and reverting generators back to only accepting emeralds. That's my opinion anyway.

mopb3

Slicer
Cryptite said:
I still like the idea of keeping banks and reverting generators back to only accepting emeralds. That's my opinion anyway.
Yes, go with Crypts idea. It is much better than Mag's :p

mopb3

Slicer
andrekeroxd said:
asymptonic said:
Done. Only emeralds can be deposited now.
You mean withdrawn? Is there still a 10% fee?
If so, can we still deposit other ores? (diamond, iron, gold, lapis)
He has said that only emeralds can be put in generators now, nothing else.

Zor95

Slicer
I don't see the point in doing that unless you're saying that the bank will stay, and then I don't understand the point of that.

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
WHY? You have put no argument forward. I don't understand why you want it to stay and why only deposit emeralds. It makes no sense!!!!!

Back