Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Death during TGen fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

13lackpearl

Slicer
Also, X_Cav, we won a tgen fight against Elysium on their turf, it's not impossible, you just need players, I know you're not used to being unable to 1v10...

Good job. You beat us while neither me nor East was online due to real life schedule, and Elisium had total number of 2 members online to defend. Now try attacking us while even one of us are on. ;)

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
I think one thing I'm noticing about these conversations is perspective. You asked earlier, East, what the point of a death was in Conquest. i'd respond again differently with a question; what's the point of a death in VotA? It's to win the game, right?

I think a lot of people look at these fights as sort of like a factions fight, where you kill people to get their gear and then maybe destroy their base. That's not what Conquest is for us. Conquest battles are to achieve the end goal of capital, earning your capital hall, and implementing those policies. If you want open world pvp fights to get peoples' gear, you might be looking for the wrong kind of thing. It's evident that there's a bit of a VotA element to Conquest, given we have keep inv and stuff. We'd rather see more and bigger battles that have the exciting, drawn out big victory at the end. I think some folks want to just dominate people in single-combat and then earn their gear as the reward.

Rozzok

Also, X_Cav, we won a tgen fight against Elysium on their turf, it's not impossible, you just need players, I know you're not used to being unable to 1v10...

<won

more like used the dock infinitely to get back to fighting, and if you're so big and strong needing eldritches help that time it surely shows your plausible strength.

A viable solution to this nonsense is to just diable boats/airships when a tgen fight is happening.

Wolfegger

Slicer
I don't think we are that concerned with getting loot, as ancient ingots have made maintaining a set of armor simpler. It was more of a suggestion to have death have some cost in order to slow down the return of the attackers. But the change with airships may well achieve this.

While I will not attempt to defend betraying X_Cav, the other points are only from your perspective, we turned on vanaheimr because no one else in the alliance fought for themselves, they rolled over to EastBowmen like the entirety of Elysium and the west, furthermore, Rozzok was offered a deal, as his alliance members could not follow him in joining behind us, we did exactly as we said we would in the event of betrayal, we prevented woodswork from remaining capital, prices are set by MOpyc, not Hilo as a whole, judge him, not the town, and recent chat antics have been in order to provoke the south off of its rear end.

It was mainly one town that wasn't pulling their weight. Hilo wasn't even fighting with their full numbers until we were facing off against Cashmere (and I know that's due to real life stuff). Don't act like you guys were the only ones doing anything.

Opyc

Slicer
Alright its time for my two cents in this conversation. On the topic of what i did in the north to chuck and leasaur i am sorry on that. I only did that cause its part of conquest. Also when an alliance attacks another town which was the isle at the time then have everyone leave the server to follow suit in the war that was caused something had to be done. It wasn't be a jerk toward you two but it was the right thing to be done at the presents moment as you two would of probable done if you were in my shoes.

Now onto the meat of the topic. With the south attacking the north here it does set the thing in motion here of why we do conquest and what this new map was about. The new map was to bring war among the continents to have multiple capitals dictating the flow of the server. However though we have fallen into the same pit as the last maps.

Everyone groups with everyone.

It is the same thing as when fort kick ass and there alliance led the way of the server for 3 months then Argus took over. Its the same cycle just different names. My actions in the past few months might have been violent but it was prove we can change from being a 1 alliance show to several towns duking it out. But the outcome is the same regardless. Everyone hides behind the pvpers regardless unable to make change to make the server grow. My rampage in the last 2 months to show a small town can grow and make a change only to get stomped down by 67 people because they can't make the server interesting.

And with that i say farewell to loka as there is nothing left for me to prove on the server.

My main thing was pointing out that you guys weren't the only ones pulling weight. It sucked, but it happened. The North became much more diverse and became a little less intimidating for new players to settle and get into conquest. While you shouldn't be complaining about being attacked when you enact an embargo one of the most used building materials, I do respect the idea of you guys trying to make conquest more competitive. At this rate though, no one one will ever attempt to fight Elysium.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
And this is precisely why we have the three continents idea. Elysium may remain the dominant force in the server, but at least they only become capital of Garama, leaving competition available for the other two continents. Never forget strength in numbers and tactics. Elysium is not invulnerable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back