Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Death during TGen fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
We have always wanted the capital policies to not affect the following seasons conquest. This is because we do not want the capital to snowball and become harder to overcome. It was an oversight on our part that it could be used in T Gen fights.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
It's the snowball effect though. If policies earned by winning conquest made it easier to win the next month, then it would be so much more difficult to unseat the incumbent capitals, that people would stop trying. That's the reason it's so hard for us to come up with policies.

bat3415

Staff member
Elder
It's the snowball effect though. If policies earned by winning conquest made it easier to win the next month, then it would be so much more difficult to unseat the incumbent capitals, that people would stop trying. That's the reason it's so hard for us to come up with policies.
However, it doesn't make it "easier to win" it makes bringing allies to HOME tgens faster, only increasing chances of success at your own tgens, not anyone elses, you can't win capital with only defenses, you of everyone must know that, Crypt.

Addition: ^Implying your continent is contested, if it isn't, defenses could do it, however, if uncontested actually attacking except when aiming for world capital is unnecessary. Looking from my perspective, if any other town on Ascalon did a few tgen fights, even against a relatively small town like Auru or the dying solitude, Eldritch would have to attack someone, and a capital airship would offer no aid whatsoever in that scenario.

Last edited:

MasterAegon

Slicer
It does make it easier to win. This allows the opportunity to rejoin a fight faster than the enemy, whether defense or offense, and it's unfair. Not even the capital should be able to expedite their return to a fight. Anyone can use any allied town's beacon to return to a fight at any allied town's tgen. It's not like this only benefits defending the capital town's tgens only.

It seems like your best bet is to discuss this with us in discord if you don't understand why it's being done.

Skuhoo

Administrator
Staff member
Elder
I figured Eldritch should probably chime in on this considering our centered role in the conflict so here goes:

It's no question that the southern continent has greater numbers than little ol' Eldritch (67 registered members versus our 5). Their ability to project power is matched by no other alliance/town on the server. Of course some might say "just recruit more", but keep in mind we're fairly new to the server and haven't had the time to further establish ourselves, especially with the lack of new players on the server. There's not even any other active towns capable of helping us on our continent, so an alliance isn't a possibility.

The airship allowed an established Hilo to support our new, vastly outnumbered and greatly out-geared town from being steamrolled by an aggressive southern continent. I fail to see how being diplomatic and creating allies should be discouraged on Loka. I do, however, support an increased delay on the airship during TGen fights, but I worry that disabling them completely will only further solidify Elysium as the dominant force on the server.

EDIT: I should also mention that I don't think it's fair to make major changes based on how this fight played out, considering the bugs that were affecting both sides.

Last edited:

Wolfegger

Slicer
While I agree with your main point, this is the issue,

How is a town supposed to succeed in recruiting when the main alliance on the server, and the server in it's entirety, slanders that particular town to every new player on Loka? How is a new player to come to his or her own decision when joining the server when they her from all sides, "If you join Hilo you're a communist", "Join Hilo and you'll get killed" everyone is against us, making it near impossible to do any recruiting, and thus to get any new bodies to defend. Jeez, now I know how Cashmere felt. /s
Anything I have said about Hilo is based on its actions. You betrayed towns in your own alliance. You got X_Cavator's help in attacking Elysium, and that same day you turned on X_Cav. You made a deal with Rozzok, and quickly betrayed him. You charge ridiculous prices. Lying and betraying helped you get capital--but it also got you a bad reputation. While you can rationalize the things that you have done, I hope that such actions would be public record. And how do you suppose new players see your recent public chat antics? It sure seems like Hilo means to alienate and antagonize the rest of Loka. Try being likeable as a capital, for a change. See how that works out.

X_Cavator

Slicer
Wolf makes a pretty good point. The frustrating thing about this server and dealing with groups such as Hilo is theres nothing you can do to beat them. They'll always have numbers and the system is meant to have numbers and time be who wins, skill is meant to hold no value. Until weakness 3 towers are nerfed and skill is not something that the system is always trying to weed out, I'll be playing HCF.

bat3415

Staff member
Elder
Anything I have said about Hilo is based on its actions. You betrayed towns in your own alliance. You got X_Cavator's help in attacking Elysium, and that same day you turned on X_Cav. You made a deal with Rozzok, and quickly betrayed him. You charge ridiculous prices. Lying and betraying helped you get capital--but it also got you a bad reputation. While you can rationalize the things that you have done, I hope that such actions would be public record. And how do you suppose new players see your recent public chat antics? It sure seems like Hilo means to alienate and antagonize the rest of Loka. Try being likeable as a capital, for a change. See how that works out.
While I will not attempt to defend betraying X_Cav, the other points are only from your perspective, we turned on vanaheimr because no one else in the alliance fought for themselves, they rolled over to EastBowmen like the entirety of Elysium and the west, furthermore, Rozzok was offered a deal, as his alliance members could not follow him in joining behind us, we did exactly as we said we would in the event of betrayal, we prevented woodswork from remaining capital, prices are set by MOpyc, not Hilo as a whole, judge him, not the town, and recent chat antics have been in order to provoke the south off of its rear end.

bat3415

Staff member
Elder
Wolf makes a pretty good point. The frustrating thing about this server and dealing with groups such as Hilo is theres nothing you can do to beat them. They'll always have numbers and the system is meant to have numbers and time be who wins, skill is meant to hold no value. Until weakness 3 towers are nerfed and skill is not something that the system is always trying to weed out, I'll be playing HCF.
Read the forums for once X_Cav, weakness 3 has been needed.

Edit:Nerfed

MasterAegon

Slicer
I will repeat...airships were never meant to affect world pvp. Imagine, if you will, that airships never existed. That's how getting to a tgen fight is supposed to function. Your beacon or the closest available beacon are supposed to be your only tools in order to join a fight within your alliance. It doesn't matter what arguments are presented otherwise, because the system is only being reverted to function as it was before airships.

bat3415

Staff member
Elder
Also, X_Cav, we won a tgen fight against Elysium on their turf, it's not impossible, you just need players, I know you're not used to being unable to 1v10...

Wolfegger

Slicer
Rozzok was offered a deal, as his alliance members could not follow him in joining behind us, we did exactly as we said we would in the event of betrayal, we prevented woodswork from remaining capital

This does not match what I saw in public chat. Rozzok called out Mopyc for the betrayal, and Mopyc said that Hilo had to attack Woodswork because Woodswork had too many territory points.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
The frustrating thing about this server and dealing with groups such as Hilo is theres nothing you can do to beat them

Correction, there's nothing that you can do by yourself to beat them. That is what you're saying.

the system is meant to have numbers and time be who wins, skill is meant to hold no value

Conquest will never be HCF; it's not meant to be, it's not meant to be a game what you do on Kohi makes you win on Loka. If you want to win Conquest, learn our system. Saying it has no skill only directly proves your ignorance about how the system works and/or your laziness in trying to be good on Loka.

EastBowmen

Slicer
What is the purpose of a death in a territory fight? It used to be the gain or less of gear but that is no longer a thing. As of right now, the only thing players can gain from killing people is a super slim chance of their head and one more foe slain on their sword. Should there be more meaning to a death on Loka and more specially in a conquest fight? I personally think so, but I'm wondering what the majority thinks

Edit: That was miss worded -- what is the benefit of killing someone in a territory fight other than having one less enemy contesting?

Last edited:

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Sometimes you have to kill people to win the objective. Seems to me like a death makes it easier for you to win the TGen fight.

Jedoi

Slicer
What if items in your inventory lose a little bit of health when you die? That's what happens when you /suicide right?

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
What if items in your inventory lose a little bit of health when you die? That's what happens when you /suicide right?

It is, but we don't want to punish gear too much more than it already is when you're fighting in general. We want people to come to more fights, and if they lose their gear quicker, they stop fighting quicker.

EastBowmen

Slicer
It is, but we don't want to punish gear too much more than it already is when you're fighting in general. We want people to come to more fights, and if they lose their gear quicker, they stop fighting quicker.
Yes, but this could be an alternative to pearl's proposed idea of having your inventory drop 20% of the time. It's beneficial to the pvpers because it allows them to have more time between waves of people to attack the tgen while the others are repairing. They're not losing their armor, it's just damaged making them stunned, if you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back