Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Factions (No, not what you are thinking)

thelineguy

Slicer
asymptonic said:
I disagree. If the winning town gets everything, there's no motivation for the other towns to try and steal back the egg or to hold it. However, I could definitely see dividing the tributes up into some part distributed during the game, and some part of the reward afterward.

Scaling quality based on participation is also a good idea.

True.
Would you see it better to have the rewards leaked to the players during the possession of the egg or to have the possession of the egg timed and the riches rewarded at the end? I think the latter would be more appropriate and so players who die don't lose motivation from losing all of the riches they picked up from the egg-rewards.

tl;dr possession of the egg should be timed and rewards appropriately given at the end, so players don't lose motivation over losing all of their loot from it being stolen.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Agreed. It would also motivate players to stick it through to the end, rather than just bail since they're gonna lose.

Also agreed.

Question for you guys: Do you think players should have their inventory cleared upon entering the world? So that its like a rush of pure vanilla gameplay each time?

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
I think that might be neat. We had MobArena on my old server and it would wipe your inventory, then return it in addition to the new loot you won after the game was over.

The inventory wipe should only be if a game is actually going though. Otherwise people'll be pissed.

thelineguy

Slicer
Perhaps next to the entry portal would be a chest which would be filled with the town's spoils from the game upon their return, and their inventories would be returned respectively, and take whatever loot from the chest as they want.

Back