Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Loka 2.0 | The New World

Wolfegger

Slicer
While I'm sad to see Eros incomplete (it's still awesome to me what Eros is right now), I think these changes will make for some damn cool gameplay. I'm happy for the new possibilities. Regarding the complexity, it might do to have some more-detailed guides. I'm not one to make suggestions without the willingness to put in the effort, so if you like, I would help with that. We do have a helpful wiki, but there are gaps (at least, I have struggled to find some things that I needed to know about town generators and t-gens). Thank you Cryptite and the guardians who have worked on this (no doubt a lot of time and effort).

By the way, I intent to make a town with my son and my wife.

Kobeyador

Slicer
The only things we're allowed transferred over are the following things that can go in ender chests:
  • Player Heads
  • Books
  • Unique Items (gifts, PvE items, etc)
  • Possible ultra-rares that some people luckily have (Bedrock, Spawn Eggs)
Do beacons, gladiator armor, souvenirs obtained when a glitch was found, and sponges fall into these categories?

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Do beacons, gladiator armor, souvenirs obtained when a glitch was found, and sponges fall into these categories?

A more comprehensive list will become available closer to reset day, but beacons, gladiator armor, and will most likely not make the transfer.

Toiongo

Slicer
I've got a little confused by the changes, could someone answer these questions:
  • Is there going to be a continent restricted conquest or will continent vs continent be allowed as well ?
  • Will there eventually be a shortage of non-renewable resources, like diamonds ?
  • What purpose do tgens serve now, besides resource generation ?
  • Will it be possible to have a part of the town be located in an ocean ?
  • Will there be anything pre-built ? (like towns or dungeons)
  • Will prowess be transferred ?
  • Will generator costs stay the same ?
Overall, to me it seems like the map is going to be too small. Given enough people, we will run out of diamonds and other non-renewable stuff soon enough. Some people will hide what they have, some stuff will eventually be burned in lava and etc.
It also seems to me like the server will be a bit too PVP oriented. Builders will have to be in a constant fear of potentially losing everything they've gathered up. If that's the idea, than PVE will be pretty much non-existent. If there's going to be pre-built stuff - it's going to eventually be raided by more adventurous players, leaving no reward for new explorers (unless there's some sort of code working against that).

Excuse my English and feel free to correct me on any points i've made.

P.S. Yeah, yeah, I am back.

Last edited:

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Is there going to be a continent restricted conquest or will continent vs continent be allowed as well ?

I would say yes, you could attack other continents. You could go to another continent and set up an inhibitor in order to reduce their territory for whatever reason you deem fit. Most likely, though, we'll add some sort of restriction or increase difficulty; we need to talk about this one.

Will there eventually be a shortage of non-renewable resources, like diamonds ?

Almost certainly. We will be adding at least one Resource Island that will most likely be contentious. The island will, over time, regenerate its resources so people can have a place to go to for farming ores.

What purpose do tgens serve now, besides resource generation ?

Capital is currently, basically, awarded to whatever Alliance has the most active Territory Generators. TGens do protect their land (in that you can break a block in enemy territory, but it does not drop the block and regenerates after some time) right now, but since biomes are everywhere, nobody's really protecting much of anything.

Will it be possible to have a part of the town be located in an ocean ?

Towns founded in the Oceans cannot participate in Conquest or Capital Voting and may be forbidden from being in an Alliance (you could have an ocean alliance i guess, though). You'll be warned about this ahead of time (when you try to make a generator). You can have part of your town in the ocean, but the generator will need to be placed properly in a continent biome (so, not beach, not ocean, basically).

Will there be anything pre-built ? (like towns or dungeons)

Upon launch of the new world, most likely only spawn town will be built; everything else will be fresh. Over time, however, as we add PvE content, we'll warp in dungeons and structures (we'll bring back some of the best builds in Loka's past for PvE stuff possibly :p)

Will prowess be transferred ?

Because we are actually between PvP seasons right now, a Prowess reset is overdue, so no, it will be wiped.

Overall, to me it seems like the map is going to be too small

The plan is to add new islands and continents over time once we run out of room with our current world.

the server will be a bit too PVP oriented

Loka has always (meant to) be more PvP oriented than anything, if you remember. Survive or Die!

Builders will have to be in a constant fear of potentially losing everything they've gathered up

Builders will still likely have protection. Any sieging or town control will not result in block destruction. Like it has been for some time, builds are always protected both by the plugin and by griefing rules. Additionally, a town can choose not to participate in Conquest and stay peaceful. Whether this keeps you from being annexed or not is something we haven't decided yet.

pre-built stuff - it's going to eventually be raided by more adventurous players, leaving no reward for new explorers

We always block-protect structures that are used for any sort of Lore content. There are other types of structures that may appear and can be consumed and destroyed by players, but that kind of content will likely pop up around the world.

Hopefully this helps!

Toiongo

Slicer
Capital is currently, basically, awarded to whatever Alliance has the most active Territory Generators.
Sorry, i've not phrased that right. I meant to ask about tgens purpose in the new world, what will it be, besides resource production ?
a town can choose not to participate in Conquest and stay peaceful. Whether this keeps you from being annexed or not is something we haven't decided yet.
Will possibility of annexation not force "peaceful" towns to participate in PVP, as to not get annexed by something they'd rather not be a part of ?

Voting system also seems flawed to me, i don't think anyone'd like to vote for someone but themselves. Will everyone be forced to vote ?

Thank you for taking the time to answer all of our questions.

Last edited:

Kobeyador

Slicer
Almost certainly. We will be adding at least one Resource Island that will most likely be contentious. The island will, over time, regenerate its resources so people can have a place to go to for farming ores.
Wouldn't this cause who ever is in control of this island to become Over powered? and if the resources from this island were too small would it not cause territories conflicts to grind to a snails pace if there was no other effective form of ore gathering?
A more comprehensive list will become available closer to reset day, but beacons, gladiator armor, and will most likely not make the transfer.
what was the third item? sponges?
With the lack of the nether, how would people go about collecting wither heads and nether resources? with an island?
With the small map size would the ocean temples be refreshed periodically or once they are raided, no one else would be able to get those resources? Like sponges and sea lanterns?

Edit: Sorry about my lack of sentence structure. Multi-tasking while trying to post on the forums makes me not so smart sounding... my apologies.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
What's the average size of each custom biome?

Currently they vary between 2-4k. We're early in biome planning though and some may be much smaller.

tgens purpose in the new world, what will it be, besides resource production ?

Besides resource production, they will also still protect the lands they cover. Since the new world has smaller and mostly unique biomes, it's feasible that a town can, for example, have enough tgens to cover the entire Savannah. That town (and any Allies) would then have sole access to harvest Acacia trees and could then own the market on that item.

Additionally, owning TGens will contribute in some way to the number of votes your town gets. However, TGens won't be the only source of votes.

Finally, currently, the Iron Golems that protect TGens have a chance to drop Ancient Ingots (items that can be used to instantly repair armor in the wild), so that and potential other PvE-like items can be gotten by participating in the Conquest system.

Will possibility of annexation not force "peaceful" towns to participate in PVP, as to not get annexed by something they'd rather not be a part of ?

That's something we need to figure out. Two things would happen when you got annexed:
  1. You are absorbed into an Alliance and see their chat (perhaps we could allow this to be toggled on/off).
  2. Your potential votes are lost during Voting.
If you are annexed by a town that's not in an Alliance, right now the lands around your town would no longer be harvestable by you, which is another thing we gotta figure out.

So basically, we need to flesh out what happens here.

i don't think anyone'd like to vote for someone but themselves. Will everyone be forced to vote ?

You don't have to vote, but if you also have very few votes, voting for yourself would be just as useless as not voting. There are plans to determine some sort of Eligibilty for Capital. This would pare down the number of towns you could vote for.

We fully expect towns to talk to each other about how many votes they have and coordinate (or not) about who they might want to be Capital. It's possible that the biggest town could have so many votes it doesn't matter, but that's something we'd try to prevent.

Wouldn't this cause who ever is in control of this island to become Over powered? and if the resources from this island were too small would it not cause territories conflicts to grind to a snails pace if there was no other effective form of ore gathering?

It depends on who has control over the island and how big it is. If somebody plans to leave a PvPer on that island at all times, that could be problematic. There will be other ways to get resources as well, Quests, Daily Quests, etc. We're definitely just going to have to see how it works when it's implemented and adjust as necessary.

With the lack of the nether, how would people go about collecting wither heads and nether resources? with an island?

There will be a Nether Island (Volcano) that will likely regenerate much like the Resource Island.

would the ocean temples be refreshed periodically or once they are raided, no one else would be able to get those resources? Like sponges and sea lanterns?

They may be refreshed somehow, or we may have an ocean-temple-like Resource Island.

X_Cavator

Slicer
Pearl I'd love another shot at fighting against you. Been playing against mime, Elmo, butter, Joel, Andy, and others. Please come back :)

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
And sorry for asking again but you never said anything about the lag I'm worried about

Unfortunately that may be an unintended side effect of parts of the map. Not all of the world will have amplified-type terrain, though. Some parts may be hard on your machine though if it has issues with amplified.

Will the town leveling system and perks remain intact? (I'm sorry if I missed this.)

None of the current town systems will be changed. Towns will be reset though, of course, so founding towns and all that will still be needed etc.

13lackpearl

Slicer
Pearl I'd love another shot at fighting against you. Been playing against mime, Elmo, butter, Joel, Andy, and others. Please come back :)
Meh, I'd prolly be terrible at PvP that you would destroy me. Not only is my laptop getting worse, I haven't been interested in PvP as I used to be. Btw, who are the people you listed?

Back