Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Minecraft 1.5 Features/Discussion

Zor95

Slicer
Newdood said:
Zor95 said:
I'd be pretty offended if someone mastered my race. Fortunately there will never be a way to breed and shear sheep with a machine.
Unless I could hopper the eggs into a dispenser, which rapid fires the eggs out, making chickens the majority of sentient beings :twisted:

Yeah that's known as a lag machine and at best I'd burn it. At worst I'd jail you in there, burn it, and then ban for a few days.

Newdood

Slicer
Zor95 said:
Newdood said:
Zor95 said:
I'd be pretty offended if someone mastered my race. Fortunately there will never be a way to breed and shear sheep with a machine.
Unless I could hopper the eggs into a dispenser, which rapid fires the eggs out, making chickens the majority of sentient beings :twisted:

Yeah that's known as a lag machine and at best I'd burn it. At worst I'd jail you in there, burn it, and then ban for a few days.
With a kill switch?

Zor95

Slicer
Minecraft 13w02a

Time for a new snapshot! The major changes are:

• Textures for blocks and items now have individual image files (read more below)
  • Improved death messages
  • Improved naming (using the anvil) of containers and mob eggs
  • Trapped chests now give off the redstone signal through walls
  • Improved hoppers and made them controllable by redstone
  • Updated language files
  • Language files can now be updated via the background downloader (no need for a new Minecraft release)

Notes about the new texture pack system

Starting from this snapshot and forward, blocks and items will no longer load their artwork from one big sheet of sprites. Instead, they’ll have individual files for each image they’re using. The benefit from this is that it will be easier for us to support custom blocks and items in the future. It will also allow us to mix and match block artwork resolutions, and make sure that you get graphics for blocks that your current texture pack isn’t updated for.

-

I will do some tests and research later and update this thread.

Zor95

Slicer
Updated the thread.

In addition to what I've added we also have a "Minecart with TNT" block and an "Activator Rail" which are paired together. Not much is known about these yet so I will wait to put them up.

mopb3

Slicer
Zor95 said:
Updated the thread.

In addition to what I've added we also have a "Minecart with TNT" block and an "Activator Rail" which are paired together. Not much is known about these yet so I will wait to put them up.
As of the minute, tnt carts can be sent along tracks and set off by active activator rails.... And everything else including fists, going off tracks and changing their Y cord

Zor95

Slicer
mopb3 said:
Zor95 said:
Updated the thread.

As of the minute, tnt carts can be sent along tracks and set off by active activator rails.... And everything else including fists, going off tracks and changing their Y cord

Yeah... they're very glitchy. If you try to send them into the nether they either break or disappear.

mopb3

Slicer
Zor95 said:
mopb3 said:
Zor95 said:
Updated the thread.

Yeah... they're very glitchy. If you try to send them into the nether they either break or disappear.
Still, road bombs are gonna be fun as hell

Zor95

Slicer
If someone hits you and you die from fall damage, their name will be included in the death message.

mopb3

Slicer
Zor95 said:
If someone hits you and you die from fall damage, their name will be included in the death message.
Aha theres one of my tricks gone then, still got fire atleast :D

Zor95

Slicer
Minecraft 13w03a

• Made Zombies & Skeletons stronger, scaled to difficulty
  • Added a new Dropper block
  • Added a Minecart with Hopper item
  • Added some new chat options (In multiplayer menu)
  • Moved Texture Pack option from main menu to the Options
  • At least 19 bugs squished

• Minecarts with TNT no longer destroy rails or the block under them.
  • Derailed TNT carts no longer explode (no land mines :()
  • Mobs that are burning for any reason will light you on fire if they touch you
  • Skeletons fire arrows much more quickly when you get close to them
  • Groups of zombies will move in packs and while in a pack arrows that hit them will have no knockback effect

Zor95

Slicer
Bug fix:

Water source blocks no longer need blocks under them to create infinite sources. In other words, you can take a water block from the top of an ocean and it will refill itself.

FINALLY.

Zor95

Slicer
Minecraft 13w04a

• Added a fancy new Scoreboard system.
  • Added some new functionality to dispensers.
  • Taught dispensers and droppers about the 3rd dimension.
  • Scared mobs away from the dangerous minecart tracks.
  • At least 20 bugs turned into features.

I've no idea what most of this means but I'll do the usual research and testing after classes.

Zor95

Slicer
Okay some really awesome stuff here. A few things seem like a nerf, but we all have so many bones I don't care too much.

• Dispensers loaded with armor will equip the armor rather than drop it (assuming you're standing in front of it)
  • Dispensers and droppers may be placed facing up or down
  • Dispensers can use Flint & Steel (uses durability)
  • Dispensers can place active TNT
  • Dispensers can use bonemeal
  • Bonemeal now grows crops in stages. 1 meal per stage. Saplings require 2 meal.
  • New particle effect for bonemeal
  • Spam clicking wheat when breeding animals will now only take 1 wheat per animal per breeding cycle
  • Mobs no longer spawn or walk on minecart tracks (unless punched onto them)
  • When mobs with the ability to wear armor are given a choice between plain armor and enchanted, they will now choose enchanted armor
  • Minecarts with TNT will instantly explode if they derail and fall 3+ blocks
  • Activator Rails, ironically, turn hoppers off
  • Jukeboxes output a redstone signal that varies depending on which disc you play. It is equal to the number that the disc is in the sequence of disc items.

e.g. The first disc, Cat, will output a signal with a strength of 1. The eleventh disc which was added in 1.4.3, Wait, outputs a signal with a strength of 11.

K

KenuDragonfire

Seems like Mojang is taking a page out of the Tekkit/Feed the Beast book, guess they assume so many people have played them that now when people load up Minecraft they want something more complex and automated. I expect a block breaker or dispensers being able to use pickaxes in the next snapshot.

Psychedelic98

Slicer
KenuDragonfire said:
Seems like Mojang is taking a page out of the Tekkit/Feed the Beast book, guess they assume so many people have played them that now when people load up Minecraft they want something more complex and automated. I expect a block breaker or dispensers being able to use pickaxes in the next snapshot.
Auto obsidian and cobble?

Back