Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Minecraft 1.6 Features/Discussion

adderman500

Slicer
Do we have any estimates as to when 1.6 will be out? (prays it wont be first 2 weeks of august, although sod's law is a powerful thing)

Zor95

Slicer
adderman500 said:
Do we have any estimates as to when 1.6 will be out? (prays it wont be first 2 weeks of august, although sod's law is a powerful thing)

Not really seeing as the recent snapshots have only said "this feature isn't quite ready but we're working on it". The bug fixes would imply it would be soon, but they've still got a lot they've promised to released for 1.6.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Terribly excited about the resource pack system. If I understand it correctly, it'll allow plugins to have their own sound effects and other such resources. I've already pegged DrMongrol, who I work with and is a sound designer, to start coming up with some sound files for a variety of things (pvp, bg, notifications, etc). Should be very cool. Dunno if this also means we could have our own special block type (doubt it), but that'd be great for finally having a generator resource item.

Zor95

Slicer
Snapshot 13w24a is out...

They have rebuffed healing potions just a tiny bit. Instant Health is only 30% less effective than it is in 1.5 and extended Regeneration I and standard Regeneration II both restore 9-10 heart, but Regeneration II is over twice as fast so it'll be more useful.

One thing to note about the two hearts you temporarily gain from eating a Level I golden apple is that once the effect is over it will take the two hearts back as damage. So if you have lost the extra two hearts then it'll come out of your original 10 hearts. If you have less than two hearts remaining at the end of the effect you will be killed by magic. This applies even if you cancel the effect with a bucket of milk.

There is also a /gamerule for the daylight cycle which may be useful in arenas and BGs if it can be applied specifically to those worlds.

Zor95

Slicer
Cryptite said:
Terribly excited about the resource pack system. If I understand it correctly, it'll allow plugins to have their own sound effects and other such resources. I've already pegged DrMongrol, who I work with and is a sound designer, to start coming up with some sound files for a variety of things (pvp, bg, notifications, etc). Should be very cool. Dunno if this also means we could have our own special block type (doubt it), but that'd be great for finally having a generator resource item.

Sorry but I'll just be replacing all my sounds with this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HilAVhm3BqI[/youtube]

Deathstrider

Slicer
Cryptite said:
Should be very cool. Dunno if this also means we could have our own special block type (doubt it), but that'd be great for finally having a generator resource item.

This, except if we can't I think we should change from emeralds, as in the new world they will be easier to find. Perhaps we could use mob drops, ie 1 drop = 0.5 of a fund, or something like that.

EDIT: Stupid idea, but maybe 1 drop = 0.1, because if mob drops are able to be used then generators for smaller towns would be able to hold out longer than they normally would be able to.

adderman500

Slicer
Mob drops - noooooo. All you need is a simple grinder and you're set for ever. There's no challenge for powering generators. For this reason the generators should be powered by valuables.

Psychedelic98

Slicer
Yes I agree adder, it's not like there's a mob that drops anything that can be converted into emeralds, that would be way overpowered.

adderman500

Slicer
Mojang said:
And finally, Minecraft 1.6 - the “Horse Update”, will be released next week! The update has leads, carpets, hard clay, donkeys, mules, and of course horses! This update requires a new Minecraft launcher to load. We’ll post more info about that here and on Mojang.com when it’s ready.

Just saw this on the update screen for minecraft. Not sure if anyone else has noticed it but we really need to speed up on getting things straight and deciding what needs to be done, the bukkit update will be shortly after that and loka will have a new world very shortly!

adderman500

Slicer
We were expecting a whole lot more. Meh, i'm just glad because the new world's coming sooner - ain't that right crypty-poo? ;)

Jedoi

Slicer
YES!!!!! And NO!!!!

Yes! I won't be on my vacation for the RP event/new world/update!
NO! We really have to get that beacon filled!!

adderman500

Slicer
Please try and get the new world to come in at least before august if possible. That would be absolutely lovely.

Jedoi

Slicer
But not early Augest, right?

Or the middle of July?

Will it be between July 9th and Augest 10th? Please say no.....

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
I'll try to push to 1.6 as soon as bukkit's dev builds seem reasonable. I won't wait for a stable build because, yes, that would take forever. The new world will hopefully be available in early july or sooner, depending on bukkit.

adderman500

Slicer
Any time in july would be absolutely perfect for me, or june that is. First 2 weeks of august please please please no!
With regards to stable builds - why would we have to wait til then? A stable is the easiest thing to build, just a fancy looking building is all. Art's done a pretty good job as far as I can see.

Zor95

Slicer
I'll be gone the entire second week of July :p

adderman500 said:
With regards to stable builds - why would we have to wait til then? A stable is the easiest thing to build, just a fancy looking building is all. Art's done a pretty good job as far as I can see.

I will pray that is a pun, and if so, then you need to log out and walk away. Right now.

Jedoi

Slicer
Cryptite said:
I'll try to push to 1.6 as soon as bukkit's dev builds seem reasonable. I won't wait for a stable build because, yes, that would take forever. The new world will hopefully be available in early july or sooner, depending on bukkit.

What do you consider "early July"?
1st, 2nd, hopefully not the 9th or later?

Back