Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Suggestion mutators that should be REMOVED forever

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
wow a whole week every month

To be fair in almost any "competitive month" (hasn't ended in the first week or two), in the last week it's pretty typically very close. I would argue most of those months boil down to the final week/weekend anyway.

It's my personal view that many of the more "objective-changing" mutators are what people are even more excited about, and that a lot of the current set are more gimmicky. I can understand some of the opinions about these being too goofy ahh. But I also personally believe there's something to be said about who has been able to adapt to these mutators better than others.

Needless to say there are a lot of potential mutators and the chances of getting some of the lesser-enjoyed ones will go down as the pool gets bigger.

glory

To be fair in almost any "competitive month" (hasn't ended in the first week or two), in the last week it's pretty typically very close. I would argue most of those months boil down to the final week/weekend anyway.

It's my personal view that many of the more "objective-changing" mutators are what people are even more excited about, and that a lot of the current set are more gimmicky. I can understand some of the opinions about these being too goofy ahh. But I also personally believe there's something to be said about who has been able to adapt to these mutators better than others.

Needless to say there are a lot of potential mutators and the chances of getting some of the lesser-enjoyed ones will go down as the pool gets bigger.
goofy ahh is crazy

Obstinance

in your personal view you don’t play, never have, yet you and mag keep pushing stuff that kills your gamemode. adapting to stupid random effects while chasing an objective to win and fighting the other team. just because you spectate conquest and think it’s fun to watch people deal with mutators doesn’t mean it’s fun to play.

Eyvah

in your personal view you don’t play, never have, yet you and mag keep pushing stuff that kills your gamemode. adapting to stupid random effects while chasing an objective to win and fighting the other team. just because you spectate conquest and think it’s fun to watch people deal with mutators doesn’t mean it’s fun to play.
that was kinda rude...

Obstinance

the amount of changes suggested over the years since the last big big conquest update and they settle on mutators. you have the same old janky looking tgen and inhib but nobody decided to redesign those concepts and maybe the way they work? warps? core? charges? golems? could change anything and you decided on adding another variable to get factored in during conquest. Loka will never grow past what it is. the server is almost a decade old if not older and its no surprise why it’s taken this long to reach the current player count

Aladra gets the same shitty reskin for different seasons and when it was “redesigned” it was basically the same with some staircases to the boats moved. Yet dev time put into mutators

glory

the amount of changes suggested over the years since the last big big conquest update and they settle on mutators. you have the same old janky looking tgen and inhib but nobody decided to redesign those concepts and maybe the way they work? warps? core? charges? golems? could change anything and you decided on adding another variable to get factored in during conquest. Loka will never grow past what it is. the server is almost a decade old if not older and its no surprise why it’s taken this long to reach the current player count

Aladra gets the same shitty reskin for different seasons and when it was “redesigned” it was basically the same with some staircases to the boats moved. Yet dev time put into mutators
And then when people criticize the stuff they put in that is either not what people wanted or COMPLETELY different to what they asked for it is either never answered or completely denied because the loka admins can not fathom people not supporting their work that they put time into. And since they put time into it, it stays in. Just like end ganks ——> zyre.

Blissterz

There are some mutators that could lead to fun encounters, but there are also some that are very terrible for the community and could amount to a loss in players warping for fights. For example, some of these mutators that make it easier/randomly die could make egoistic players not want to warp leading to a decrease in playerbase and overall make fights rely on pure numbers instead of strength of the player.

These are the main mutators that could cause these issues.

• Pearl Blocked: Nobody can pearl.
  • Shulkerless: You cannot place Shulkers in the BZ, but now on death you drop all potions in your inventory.
  • Soul Link: 2 teammates share a health pool (40hp/20 hearts). If one dies they both do. On warp, those warping in get linked to a new player. Your teammate has spectral to just you.
(these next 3 are actually terrible)
  • Lone Wolf: If you have no teammate within 30 blocks, you gain Strength III
  • The Great Equalizer: Every hit is a critical hit.
  • Stuck in the Mud: A huge patch (or patches) of mud in the middle of the battlefield. If you step in it you are trapped in the area and cannot leave for 15 seconds. While inside the mud area, you have slow II & pearl block.
The 6 mutators shown above the worst out of the ones that have been added. Instead or promoting a fun experience, these mutators help set a skill cap and cater to the worse players on the server by giving them much more opportunities to get kills and do well in fights, which is not good because it prohibits their learning experience of becoming a greater player. By putting everyone on the same skill level, it gives the better players, especially those who value and pray down to their eldritch stats no reason to play if they can just get easily killed from something they most likely have no control over.

I agree that Loka has been getting stale and boring, and must of these mutators do a good job at keeping it fresh and fun. But, when you take a ponder at these ones it should show the flaws in the new system and how some of them, these 6 especially, need to be removed or changed in some way. I hope that this post will be taken into consideration and wont be shrugged off like other suggestions when disapproving of the work of loka admins. Thank you
remove soul link

olpx

I COMPLETELY agree with obstinance on his opinion of this you guys think its fun to watch getting blown up by bows that 1 tap you or strength 3 which is a 3 tap it is not fun to play but of course its fun to watch as a spectator you haven't played these nutators to see how frustrating they really are nutators are too much of a crutch anyways they should only be fore 1 week max on a month

Back