Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Official Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skitch the Wolf

Slicer
Cryptite said:
If you are not towned, you will now receive a message when attempting to use the town portal at spawn.

This I like. I've seen many a townless noob go through the portal over and over again wondering why it does not work or just sends them back to Spawn.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
PvP Update!

• Basic scoreboard usage is now implemented for VotA.
  • Red/Blue score is now shown during the game. The occasional chat message update of scores has thus been removed.
  • Hitting tab will now show which players are on which team both in and out of the BG. Check tab if you want to see if a battleground is going.
  • Hopefully fixed a bug that was causing some players to yet again get stuck in arenas.

Enjoy!

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
  • Arena players and teams are now given invisibility during the wait period before the gates open. This ensures that through Optifine zooming or whatever else have you, you can no longer see who you're fighting until the doors open.
  • Upon hitting a new rating every 50 rating starting at 1550, you will be notified that you have unlocked new dyed armor that you wear whilst in an arena. That chart is below.
  • When in an arena or battleground queue, you are now notified when another player enters the queue with a message and an experience orb 'ding'. This will give players in wait a better look at how many people are in a queue so that they may pester others to queue and other such shenanigans :).

Once your rating has surpassed one of these milestones, you will then have that color of armor in the arena. This is based on your highest arena rating and does not go away if you then fall below that rating. These colors also apply to your name in the global message that the server receives when a match finishes.

GQ5LxJu.jpg

These colors may be subject to change.

adderman500

Slicer
Oh! I see! You meant when we entered arenas. Heh, I thought you meant give each other some force-unvanish command in the normal world. I was thinking of /tphere'ing mop to me when I was in lava then force unvanishing him... :twisted:

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
The last major known bug for PvP has finally been fixed!

• All players that are in an arena or a battleground are saved to a file (inventory, location and all) so that upon any server restarts, inventories should no longer be wiped and people should no longer get stuck in arenas/battlegrounds.

So wiped inventories "may" finally be resolved for good.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Some of these have been implemented for awhile, but here's an update with some new stuff as well:

• ADDED: /g delete - You can now completely delete your town generator. This is not reversible and will wipe all member's /town there.
  • ADDED: /spectate - You can now spectate arena matches. By entering the spectator queue you will be informed of any arena matches (challenge, 1v1, or 2v2) that begin and will be able to watch them with invisibility and flight.
  • Woo!: All generator commands are no longer case sensitive and can be short-formed (ie, /g info asg to query Asgard).
  • 2v2 match results are now reported to all players (like 1v1 matches currently do).
  • Added personal rating for the 2v2 arena bracket. More about this later.
  • Fixed VotA bugs, all team colors and such should work again.
  • Player join messages are turned off when vota starts up. They will be displayed after the match starts. This should add a little excitement to the pre-game countdown.
  • ADDED: A VotA deserter flag. Just for Joc.
  • Added text next to the scoreboard on the right that indicates how many players are on each team.

Enjoy!

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
  • ADDED /g private - This command will make your town private. This hides your town from being found through /g info as well as hides the name of your town when using the feather tool.
  • Bubble generators are no longer returned through /g info.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
  • Battleground balancing fixed for players joining after the game has started. (The math may have been backwards, allowing the 'better' team to get the 'better joins'.
  • Hopefully fixed the bug that caused battleground teams to go all crazy like.
  • Wither spawning and wither damage is now disabled within town protection. Outside of that, all is fair.

mopb3

Slicer
Cryptite said:
  • Battleground balancing fixed for players joining after the game has started. (The math may have been backwards, allowing the 'better' team to get the 'better joins'.
  • Hopefully fixed the bug that caused battleground teams to go all crazy like.
  • Wither spawning and wither damage is now disabled within town protection. Outside of that, all is fair.
Could you perhaps make it so that Town owners can still spawn them in their towns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back