Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Posting a different fruit every day until we obtain a Crypt head

Pac_Man_

Slicer
can you be my valentine?
Anything for you big dog.

February 14th, Day 1327: Pterocarya fraxinifolia

Fruit Info: For our fruit of the day today we have the Caucasian wingnut. This fruit is a native of the Caucasian region, consisting of places like Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Russia, and a few more. These nuts are a green color and have wings to be carried by the wind for better distribution.

Fruit Tier: B
1707975188623.jpeg

Pac_Man_

Slicer
At this point, how long does it take you to do research to find a new fruit?
Actually a great question. Usually between 5 minutes and 15 minutes with about 5 minutes to write the description at most. So the whole process takes around 20 minutes in the worst case scenario. Todays fruit actually took around 5 total. Interestingly, finding new fruits isn’t that hard part per se, it’s finding images of those fruits that is the problem. So I have gone through probably hundreds of potential options over time that were rejected for simply not having any pictures of the fruit that I found.

February 15th, Day 1328: Pterocarya rhoifolia

Fruit Info: Here for our fruit of the day we have another wingnut, this one native to Japan and to China in the Laoshan District. This fruit flourished in moist climates and around riverbanks according to Wikipedia.

Fruit Tier: A

1708066116313.jpeg

Zachary_N_Kaleno

Sentry
Community Rep
So I have gone through probably hundreds of potential options over time that were rejected for simply not having any pictures of the fruit that I found.
Send me a list of the fruits that you couldn't find pictures for an I'll see if I can find some pictures for you Big P.

Pac_Man_

Slicer
Send me a list of the fruits that you couldn't find pictures for an I'll see if I can find some pictures for you Big P.
If you’re legitimately interested in doing that I’ll hit you up with some sometime then.

February 16th, Day 1329: Pterocarya stenoptera

Fruit Info: According to Wikipedia our fruit of the day today, the Chinese wingnut is a “small-winged wingnut.” Which, I think that tells you everything you would need to know. Interestingly the shape of the wings on this southeast China native is what differentiates it as its own species. These wings are more reminiscent in shape of that on a fly.

Fruit Tier: C
1708154563278.jpeg

Pac_Man_

Slicer
February 17th, Day 1330: Alfaroa costaricensis

Fruit Info: Today’s fruit of the day’s native range is from Mexico through Central America and to Columbia. It is commonly known as Campano Chile, or Chiciscua. When discussing the use of the fruit as food for wildlife, the Wikipedia article said “Rodentd consume many nuts.” And that was it. So make of it what you will.

1708233921442.jpeg

Pac_Man_

Slicer
February 18th, Day 1331: Gymnostoma australianum

Fruit Info: Here for today’s fruit of the day we have the Daintree pine fruit. This fruit is native to the Daintree tropical rainforests region of Australia. It has a conservation status of vulnerable.

1708335527924.jpeg

Pac_Man_

Slicer
February 19th, Day 1332: Casuarina cristata

Fruit Info: Todays fruit of the day is a native of inland areas in eastern Australia. This fruit is commonly known as Belah or Muurrgu. This fruit is 13-1m long. The seeds contained inside of the fruit all have wings.

1708408348476.jpeg

Pac_Man_

Slicer
February 20th, Dah 1333: Casuarina cunninghamiana

Fruit Info: Today for our fruit of the day we have a native of Australia and New Guinea. It is more commonly known as the river sheoak fruit. These fruits also contain winged seeds.

Fruit Tier: A
1708489885501.jpeg

Pac_Man_

Slicer
February 21st, Day 1333: Casuarina equisetofolia

Fruit Info: Today’s fruit is the horsetail she-oak fruit, a native to Australia New Guinea, India, and a few other countries in that region. Like most other she-oaks the seeds contained within this fruit have little wings to carry them with the wind.

1708603692627.jpeg

Pac_Man_

Slicer
February 22nd, Day 1334: Casuarina pauper

Fruit Info: For today’s fruit of the day we have yet another she-oak’s fruit. This one is commonly referred to as the kariku or the belah. It is a native of southern continental Australia. Like its relatives it contains winged seeds.

1708690999113.jpeg

Pac_Man_

Slicer
February 23rd, Day 1335: Allocasuarina campestria

Fruit Info: Today’s fruit of the day is another form of cone, and like many of our other cones lately, it contain a bunch of winged seeds when fully mature. This fruit is a native of south Western Australia.
1708768840451.jpeg

Pac_Man_

Slicer
February 24th, Day 1336: Allocausarima corniculata

Fruit Info: For our fruit of the day we have yet another cone-fruit that is a native of the south west of Australia. This fruit also contains winged seeds like many of the she-oak fruits do. This fruit originally was in the genus Casuarina but has since been moved out.

Fruit Tier: E

1708842802624.jpeg

Raddus_

Guardian
February 24th, Day 1336: Allocausarima corniculata

Fruit Info: For our fruit of the day we have yet another cone-fruit that is a native of the south west of Australia. This fruit also contains winged seeds like many of the she-oak fruits do. This fruit originally was in the genus Casuarina but has since been moved out.

Fruit Tier: E

View attachment 9558
we sure that's not an alien?

Pac_Man_

Slicer
we sure that's not an alien?
For legal reasons yes and such a notion is preposterous. Don’t be asking so many questions…

February 25th, Day 1337: Allocausarina decaisneana

Fruit Info: For our fruit of the day today we have the kurkara. This fruit is a native of central Australia. Its name comes from the Anangu people of the region.

Fruit Tier: D

1708947862220.jpeg

Last edited:

Pac_Man_

Slicer
February 26th, Day 1338: Allocasuarina decussata

Fruit Info: For today’s fruit of the day we have the Karri. This fruit is a type of cone-fruit the belongs to another species of she-oak. This fruit is a native of Western Australia.

1709018313197.jpeg

Back