Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Suggestion Small change to town perk ordering

marblesack12

Slicer
Ayyy Loka Forums first post holllaaaaaa

Our town recently hit level 16, and was rewarded with the level 16 town perk "Improved Infrastructure I." Quick recap: this perk gives Speed I to town members when on "roads." These roads are created by placing a layer of cobblestone hidden underneath the intended buff area.

This perk is super cool, and we are incorporating it into our town immediately. Sadly, because this was unlocked so late (almost two months after the town was created), we have already built a lot of different paths and places that this buff would be super useful. Therefore we have to go through the base and rip out all the floors, dig out all the dirt, and mine out all the tunnels that we have already created. Just the bottom floor of the Keep, with 6 people working, took an hour and a half.

It might be a good idea to consider offering this perk earlier in the leveling system, allowing players to build their speed-buffed-roads within their town organically, instead of having to tear up their previous work. I don't think it is a terribly powerful perk, but it is very noticeable and rewarding (similar to the Haste I perk.)

This suggestion obviously won't benefit us or other high level towns. Coming from the view of a new(ish) but active town, swapping the perk out for something earlier would certainly make for smoother, more rewarding town progression.

Grubul

Slicer
I completley agree to this. Because of knowing of that, we already placed cobble underneath our roads, while the town was just level 1.

We could swap the perks, or just add a tip to new towns, that they should put cobble underneath, and it would benifit later

Back