Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

The Heartbeat of Makkon

longfellow4

Certainty. That is what I loathe.
Let the vines of Mak teach me!

The jungle was a harsh place for most, and Garama only added to it's spite - screeching its heat and disease on all unwary who dared step from the ports. However to a select few hardy individuals, this place has become a welcoming home. Not so much for one little fellow - who jumped right in due fine sand and lush plants. '

Oh great, here he comes now....

Whack! Whack! Wham!
A young man, with his clothes slogging in rain - hacked away with a large shimmering machete, even cutting the droplets as they drizzled from the trees above. The port was far away, and the only evidence of hope was just to keep going straight - hopefully.

"Damn this....what am I even doing?" The fellow was exhausted. He then remembered his goal, starry eyed - he proceeded onward whacking even more twigs than before.

You know - if I wasn't telling this story I would go down and help the poor guy - but I would rather not get chopped in a frenzy of pipe dreams. Would you? Let's continue - it seems he is nearing some conclusion!

The man was lost at words in his thoughts, thinking of what even occurred. Why was he here? Where did he get this blade from? Hell - where was he even going? All these questions swarmed him at once - slowing the chopping to a halt. He looked back and into the afternoon sky.

"I do not what I am doing jungle. Tell me, guide me! Someone!" he yelled in desperation.

A minute passed, and the breeze blew through the leaves.

He caught eyes of a large collection of vines stretching their long fingers over the land up to a grand tree. He smiled and nodded.

"Ah I see! In a world of solid established nations and order - a balance must be made! With every certainty, there must be uncertainty...." mumbling this to himself, he walked once more - this time sagging his arm and simply walking through the leaves.

What he did between the next points is rather unneeded info, so we will skip ahea- wait you really want to know the details? I assure you it is nothing other than mumbling and planning.
Bu-but that will ruin the twist if we just tell you now!
Please, this is very important information - if you see it, it will loose its fun!

Oh thank the gods you understand, phew! Look! He has reached the cliff, we can continue from here on out!

"I will call you Mak, jungle - as an honorary title, I will also name my nation - no - the nation of the balance, Makkon!" The man said with pride, facing inward to the jungle's depths.

"No one is around here....I wonder if others reside within the Mak, if so, we must meet them - for the people of Mak must bring balance to Garama!"

Traversing the steep cliff side, the man slowly clanged to the dirty rocks as the ocean breeze blew sand in his face. Eventually, he reached to a lower, much more sparse part of the jungle with a large beach.

I really wish I could have made one of the rocks loose - you know, to add plot development. Yeah, totally something like that...hehe. Okay okay, back to the beach!

The warm sand sunk his feet, squinting his eyes around he was surprised to find not only one but several boats abandoned on shore, scattered and what appeared to been made from all around the world. In the horizon he could see a huge island chain, scattered behemoth cliffs to smooth hills. He knew this was home, and marched into the boat, pushing it off into the waves.

"We may be new to this world, and for the most time confused. But that confusion is our power. The new arrivals to this island chain, to this continent, and to the world. I am not interested in things such as control, but in order to make a life for myself and the new ones who I feel will come - this is my obligation to them. Makkon, yes, the Heartbeat of the People."

The man sailed into a wave, and as uncertainty would have it, a large wave caressed over him, flipping him overboard. Laughing with glee, he knew the path he picked had already begun.

Thus so, new faces did come to this man - yes I know I am shocked too, the man who laughed when thrown overboard is quite the person you would call leader. I feel bad but hey, I am sure they have their reasons.

The End!

Jedoi

Slicer
This is probably one of the more unusual things I've read. I enjoyed it. And again, welcome to Loka. :)

Back