Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

The Lokan Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Aurulians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skuhoo

Administrator
Staff member
Elder
Eldritch is proud to announce the creation of the Lokan Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Aurulians (LSPCA). Our goal is provide aid to suffering Aurulians around Loka. Together we can put an end to this cruelty. Please, visit our headquarters at the Eldritch capital hall in Aladra to pledge your support. Visit out website at http://eldritchbot.com/lspca/

To the Aurulians reading this, keep your head up. Help is on the way.

bat3415

Staff member
Elder
We need support to help these angels, please, anything helps, you can save an aurulian living in cruelty.

Calixx_

Slicer
A truly great and worthy cause. I am more than happy to give my unyielding support to such a loving, caring organization. I am going to make a pledge right now, and I beg all others to do the same. These poor angels need our help, let us be there for them in their time of need.

Grubul

Slicer
Way to go, Skuhoo. Thats a new low you have hit. You have lost all my respect. Jokes are fun, while they are funny, but this is plain bullying.
RULES <-- I suggest you to read that.

Based on Rule # 9. Don't Bully Other Players

I would, gladly give you and everyone that has to do with the video a punishment. This has gone too far.

Jedoi has been here almost as long as Crypt, and You have joined here just recently.

You made fun of a guardian. You made her look like an animal that needs saving. Humiliating.

That is also Rule # 8. Respect Admins

Two rules You have not respected.

AND ALL OF THIS - while you are a sentry.

Grubul

Slicer
Also Rule # 6. Dont be offensive.

6.3. Do not purposefully agitate or disrupt the community by means of Trolling, harassment, or sarcasm
-The admin team is well versed in Trolling, so don't push it. We know what Trolling is and we will not tolerate it. You can expect a nearly zero tolerance policy on this.

You dont even do your sentry job that well. You kill new players and make fun of other players and even admins.

Last edited:

Skuhoo

Administrator
Staff member
Elder
I'm not quite sure you understand what bullying is, because this is certainly not. The video is not meant to imply that anyone is an animal, otherwise we would've been calling both Borne and Bat animals (ex-animals?). Its intention was to parody a generic ASPCA commercial you'd see TV with funny irony being the fact that generally it's Eldritch who are the primary "abusers" of Aurulians, since we're the ones who kill them.

But hey, if you want to flex those admin powers and ban some players make sure to add Lazuli to your list because she was a willing participant who thought the whole idea was hilarious and wanted to help. She, along with quite a few other Auru members realize that this is a complete joke with zero personal attacks anywhere.

The players taking any sort of offense to this need to relax and learn to take a joke. The truth of the matter is that if the roles were reversed and Eldritch/Hilo were the subject of a similar video, we would be laughing our asses off. I'm fairly certain Crypt would have already spoken to you and other Guardians regarding this and the conversation we had with him so I'm not sure why you felt the need to post such an angry comment, but I'm glad you did. It's allowed me to respond to the silly accusations regarding our fun little project.

As for losing your respect, I'm not sure you respected me much at all. If you had you would've considered it was possible you were misinterpreting our video and came to me directly with your concerns.

Skuhoo

Administrator
Staff member
Elder
You dont even do your sentry job that well. You kill new players and make fun of other players and even admins.

That's a bold claim coming from someone who hardly plays on Loka anymore. Maybe if you did you'd know about the constant stream of starter packs I give out to new players/towns. I also have a strict policy for myself and Eldritch that we do not kill new players unless they are enemies. Though we very often leave them alone even if they are. Just yesterday I offered Grizaj a tour of Eldritch, actually.

I'd love for you to expand on this, though. What part of my position am I not fulfilling? Again, it's an odd statement to make from a guy who's just come back from inactivity and not doing his job as Guardian at all.

Last edited:

Skuhoo

Administrator
Staff member
Elder
Directing it as public as all of this announcment is.

I don't think airing falsehoods does anyone much good. You aren't coming to me with concerns, you're making public accusations and threatening to punish players based on a video you've misunderstood.

Xovious

Slicer
Alright, I've been fairly silent throughout this entire thing (publicly speaking), but I think it's time I had to say something.

"Its intention was to parody a generic ASPCA commercial you'd see TV with funny irony being the fact that generally it's Eldritch who are the primary "abusers" of Aurulians, since we're the ones who kill them."

I hope you realize that some people don't get what you mean, and that can put a bad reputation for our town seeing how you stuck this thing in your capital hall. New players are joining like mad and you are basically crapping our reputation.

"She, along with quite a few other Auru members realize that this is a complete joke with zero personal attacks anywhere."

How can you know there's 0 personal attacks, if you barely know the person because you've never tried to know them? You don't know the past of the person, and if what you're doing is even a small reference to something painful they have dealt with. I had informed Crypt, as he said he was speaking to you people about it, that yes, it was personal. Hell, you can even have any of those Aurulian lords you put in the video and you say "took the joke" to send you what was spoken in the Auru leaders' channel and see that yes, it is personal, and that if you were human beings you would have removed all of this trash by now.

"The players taking any sort of offense to this need to relax and learn to take a joke. The truth of the matter is that if the roles were reversed and Eldritch/Hilo were the subject of a similar video, we would be laughing our asses off."

Yet you could never take a simple joke from our side? Because our side is always in the wrong, and every small thing we say is just "salt" or some useless crap like that? When we speak the truth, you get butthurt. If you speak the truth, we acknowledge it. When you don't, and we get upset, you call it salt. If the roles were reversed, yeah you'd probably laugh your asses off because you made the idea, and it has no past importance to you people, obviously. Not everybody is the same though, and if you weren't ignorant and on a computer all day you would come to understand that people actually have different experiences and different issues.

I think for once in your life, you should try not being a stuck-up brat that thinks he's always right, and actually try understanding from someone else's point of view. As I have said before, this is pathetic, and everything you've done with this "fun little project" is pathetic. You went out of your way and spent tons of time just to harass one person that did nothing to deserve it.

I know that if I ever attacked you people personally, you would get me banned, and I am kind of disappointed that this behavior can come from staff and players and there is 0 punishment, it just continues. I am not surprised that many people have left this server, I noticed if after I joined, and whether you accept it or not, it was due to you, Sku. Not your town, not your entire alliance, it was definitely mostly because of you. I hope you're happy with the suffering you're causing, because I can guarantee that it'll bite you back one day in the future.

Grubul

Slicer
I'm fairly certain Crypt would have already spoken to you and other Guardians regarding this and the conversation we had with him

He has been quiet. Only thing he said is that he is talking to people.

gabrosen

Slicer
What the fuck is this shit? Are you seriously treating these people like animals? Is this some shitty way of a sick joke? Because you and everyone that helped you create this video aren't very funny... Have you ever considered that these are real people you are talking about? With real feelings? You can't just go around treating them like they are animals and shit... Have you ever stopped to think you are the real animals? I know that you might think this was a joke... But honestly, the video didn't relate to me at all and my heart still dropped. This is sad... I don't want to put this on Crypt but if this goes unnoticed I will be very pissed. Something like this is serious, and you really have to stop and think about your maturity here... You are not only picking on people, but also kids much younger than you... Calling them animals and treating them like it as well. Shit like this really makes me upset, I hate to see anyone hurt like the Aurulians are today. It would make me uncomfortable to be on an amazing server like this knowing that a situation like this wouldn't be punishable. I can give two shits less how much time you put into this video... You hurt people. Like, fucking think twice before you act, I do not appreciate this action whatsoever... And holy shit... When I saw that scene with Jedoi that's what got me real pissed... She has been a loyal member of Loka longer than anyone who plays here actively, and she has done so much for the server... And that's how they fucking treat her...? Though I don't care how long you've played, you should never treat people as badly as you've just done. This offense should be bannable... I hate to say it... But I've never seen anything as rude and vile as this ever in my whole Lokian life. This is harassment and honestly, considered bullying. How could someone be so sickened as to create a video such as this? Honestly, if something like that was created and I was in it... I'd quite. Because no one needs that amount of stress over a Minecraft server. Though Loka is my home, and I love it with just about all my heart, I'm not going to stand for anything as serious as this...

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
It's clear I need to speak to this publicly. I do not condone this video, and while I understand what's amusing about it, I'm frankly surprised at the lack of foresight those who made the video have.

Sku spoke recently that he thought people needed to learn to take a joke. That's all well and good but it's extremely evident (and always has been) that the people who made the video are completely aware that some Auru members either cannot take a joke or don't have enough experience on the server to do so. With all of this added up, it's undeniably Trolling which is actually against our literal rules. I hope to never see something like this again. It's unfortunate, because there's talent here in both the production of the video as well as the website made; but it's too bad it was used in such poor taste.

Honestly, if this video were made about a rival town, I would see the amusement and if both sides were aware that they could jab at each other - it would be harmless fun. However, Sku/Borne/etc are, as I mentioned early, keenly aware of how sensitive both Xovious and Auru are about these kinds of things, yet they chose to go to these great lengths to twist the knife even further. It's fact that historically Eldritch/Hilo have beaten Auru in most of the history of Conquest; so you think with that knowledge they would take the high ground, but it's clear they're unwiling to do so.

That said this video didn't come from nowhere and the history between the two sides of this issue is long and complex. However, if this is in response, as it was hinted, to the propaganda being spread about Eldritch; that content seems to be predominantly coming from Arvik, not Auru. Finally, I'm aware many people thought it was funny or wanted to participate in it in full; but timing could not have been worse (nor do I think the timing was unintentional). Everybody's aware of the tensions between the sides at the moment and if this was meant to defuse those tensions, it was a failure.

This is my personal view. This video was in poor taste regardless of whatever its intentions may've been. Worse the lion's-share of this work was done by a Sentry who's job it is to help, not harm.

I look forward to moving on from all of this, because it's real dumb and I'd rather be addressing new features than constantly dealing with players threatening to quit the server because of the actions of a handful of players.

Jedoi

Slicer
As for losing your respect, I'm not sure you respected me much at all.
Not that you would know, but Grub defended you constantly, when all his friends complained about you, he would tell them that you're a "cool guy."

Skuhoo

Administrator
Staff member
Elder
Not that you would know, but Grub defended you constantly, when all his friends complained about you, he would tell them that you're a "cool guy."

I'm well aware, but I was questioning why he couldn't afford me the courtesy of coming to me directly with his concerns.

Jedoi

Slicer
And Sku, you cannot decide what people do or do not take offense to. Especially in something like this. We took this as you calling us "poor helpless animals" being abused by our own leaders.

I see how you tried to make this funny, you failed quite badly. This was not funny at all. As Gab said, you hurt real people. And seriously, you had to do this during a big advertising push?

Xovious

Slicer
I agree with what you have said Crypt, but out of curiosity, how is this going to be handled? If there isn't some sort of punishment handed out, stuff like this will continue to come. Honestly, if they're just given a "stern talking to", nothing is going to happen. I get if it's admin+ business and you don't want to tell me what will happen, but as the victim of this "project", I think it's fair to atleast ask to know. I get that their intentions were humor, but it was ill-thought humor at a terrible time, without any consideration to the other person. I know I personally have done something way smaller but similar by insulting Opyc, and I know that I apologized to him within 24 hours because I was heated when I said it, but this is completely different and a whole new level.

Last edited:

Calixx_

Slicer
First and foremost, I think the biggest issue here is that you guys are taking us far too seriously here. You say that we barely know you guys, but obviously, you also barely know us. Anyone who knows Hilo/Eldritch know that we, as a group, are a bunch of shameless memers. Half of us do nothing but goof around and make jokes on a daily basis. If we in any way had the intention of making a malicious attack towards anyone or any town, we would have been far more direct about it. We hold no grudge with Auru, or it's members, other than that they are our enemies in-game. If we took legitimate issue with any player, or group of players, we wouldn't go public with it, we'd go to the admins, and try to work things out that way. In fact, I find it rather insulting that a number of you believe that Sku, myself, or any of our friends genuinely wish to, and have nothing better to do than bully kids. To me, that is not unsurprising, but disappointing, that anyone, let alone several people have that little respect for us as other human beings. We (Eldritch) as players, make sure that we keep anything that's not about the game, out of Loka's public chats, both discord and in-game, because at the end of the day, as a group of strangers on the internet, we need to separate the people in-game from the real people behind the screen, whether you realize it or not.

As far as spreading to new players, it doesn't take much to realize that the only way for us to get the dozen or so heads on the wall is to have killed those players ourselves. If new players even make it to the capital hall without getting recruited, I'd wager they'd be more confused than anything, because this entire thing makes very little sense if you're not familiar with Loka/Eldritch/Hilo/Auru already.

Additionally, Crypt, like you said, Eldritch/Hilo have historically beaten Auru in conquest, but that is a huge part of the joke. If the Aurulians need saving from anyone, it's from us, and that's why we're so surprised by the backlash. Sure, part of it is that a lot of Auru members are considered "meat shields" in conquest, but any joke like that has been long since beaten to death. To not realize the irony of who's making all of this is to basically miss the joke entirely. Hell, our spokesperson is BERNO SCAMDERS. Literally has scam in the name. I don't know how to be more obvious about it.

Also, Jed, I get that we can't decide what people find offensive, but people are also deciding what we were saying for us. We have no reason to call Auru animals, and even if we did, this would be a pretty ridiculous length to go to. I would also understand more if everyone on your side agreed that what we did was offensive or mean, but that's not the case. A number of your members got the joke, and some, like Neostars, were upset that they didn't get to be part of it.

And Xov, as far as you being the 'victim' here, you've done a remarkable job of extrapolating, pal. Literally no part of the video makes any mention of you. We cut the scene of you killing Bat outside Auru so as to not make it directed at you, because that's not what this is about.

Ultimately, it's obvious that not everybody is on the same page with us. I am sorry that some people took this the wrong way and were personally upset by it. Eldritch had absolutely no intention of making this personal, and regrets that it ended up that way. But to immediately assume that we are malicious in our intent speaks to how little faith the rest of you have in us, and the fact that no one came to us directly to voice their concerns only makes it clearer. Again, this largely just seems to be a big misunderstanding, and we're sorry that people ended up hurt by it, but we do not apologize for making a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back