Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

The North Has Fallen

Ajaxan

Slicer
My arrival in the Kalros was in a time of peace. Lead by the mighty Vanaheimr alliance, peace ruled the land. Powerful cities lead by charismatic leaders lead the North down a prosperous road. In this hostile land we bonded together as one not because we wanted to but because we needed to. This cold and harsh place we call home is not kind to those that attempt to take the world on themselves. The cities of Hilo, Auru, Winterfjell, and Cerulean forged an iron bond to protect each other for the greater good of all their people. For a long time their was peace and the Kalros prospered through their new found unity.

As all thing do though, it came to an end. After months of war and fighting with other towns the leaders of the North grew tired. Some having seemed to abandoned their towns, hiding away from the eyes of the outer world. In a string of attacks, my home, Auru, was turned from a prospering city with ever expanding lands, to a broken town in fear of raiders with no help from those we called friends. For now those that remain at my side, hide in the Auru Tower building and toiling to perhaps one day rise from our ashes.

The fall of Auru was shortly followed by the betrayal of Hilo and the collapse of the once great northern alliance. Hilo swiftly set out to attack and burn the territory of their former friends. I myself, know not what the cause of this betrayal was but fear that this is just the beginning. Without the bonds that once held us together we will all surely fall to war between ourselves and the mighty powers to the south. Foolish decision have won this day and without a clear path ahead the future of the North appears bleak.

This snowy and desolate land is my home though and I will fight to defend my people from anyone who will threaten them. I grieve though that I must now defend my brothers and sister from those I once called friends. Together we are strong but apart, we grow ever weaker.

Jedoi

Slicer
Together we are strong but apart, we grow ever weaker.
I once knew similar words. I do not know you well, Ajaxan, but I wish to. Alone we may survive, but together we shall thrive. I wish you luck.

Ajaxan

Slicer
Perhaps in the future our paths may cross. For now though, I must lead those that I have failed and pull my town through this dark time. Little can be seen beyond the horizon but one thing is for sure. The sun will rise again and shine down on the north it has seemingly abandoned.

Lazuli73

Slicer
GrinchSmiles.gif%7Ec200

DualBall

Holy cow. I thought to myself "I need to read lore threads more" and I find this. I never knew that the north had such a dark history behind it. I'm very glad I read this. I recently began setting up a town in Ascalon named Dubara. My aim is to make an alliance that Ascalon can be united under, and reading this did not change that. However, by reading about the history of the north, I have learned a valuable lesson: unity can be a fragile thing. I certainly hope my alliance does not meet the same fate.

Ajaxan

Slicer
Peace is as dangerous as war.

War presents itself as bloodthirsty and barbaric. During such times everything is straight forward and simple, almost animalistically so. You know your enemy as they know you. You fight fiercely for what you believe and warriors fall for the good of their town. Years go by and blood stains the land. Allies fight side by side against common foes. It is a time to prove yourself and make a name for your town. No one argues that war is good, but it has grace in its simplicity.

Just as the new fallen snow of Kalros covers up the footsteps of the past, so does Peace after a war. Despite the blanket of hope it spreads across the land though, underneath something is always stirring. Deceit and deception take place where once the world was free to speak its mind. A different war is being fought. As everyone grows fat in their thrones they also grow bored. They plan and plot for the next time war will come. They act as if the peace will last but they know the truth.

DualBall

Peace is as dangerous as war.

War presents itself as bloodthirsty and barbaric. During such times everything is straight forward and simple, almost animalistically so. You know your enemy as they know you. You fight fiercely for what you believe and warriors fall for the good of their town. Years go by and blood stains the land. Allies fight side by side against common foes. It is a time to prove yourself and make a name for your town. No one argues that war is good, but it has grace in its simplicity.

Just as the new fallen snow of Kalros covers up the footsteps of the past, so does Peace after a war. Despite the blanket of hope it spreads across the land though, underneath something is always stirring. Deceit and deception take place where once the world was free to speak its mind. A different war is being fought. As everyone grows fat in their thrones they also grow bored. They plan and plot for the next time war will come. They act as if the peace will last but they know the truth.
Very well spoken, and I agree fully, especially in relation to Kalros and, perhaps more to the point, in relation to Hilo. With how many people Hilo has been annoying lately, and how many skirmishes they've been provoking, it's only a matter of time before one of those conflicts boils up and becomes war. As you said, they grow bored. They want something exciting to happen, and I have a felling they'll get that excitement soon.

And from what I've seen, this statement's truth extends far beyond Hilo. I've seen Eldritch perform stray jabs against Zion, Winterfox and even New Ibbish, and it's only a matter of time before those jabs turn around on them. Zion has participated in the never-ending (and, in my opinion, toxic) conflict against Hilo. I'm certain that you yourself stand poised with your friends in Auru, waiting for the right time to retaliate against Hilo yourselves (justly so).

Even Elysium isn't free of this truth. They almost met the same fate as Vanaheimr when they engaged Hilo back when Vanaheimr was falling. And even today, they still fight against Hilo, in hopes of making them pay for what they've done (just as numerous other towns mentioned here have). Just as you said, something may be stirring beneath as well-Fang Creek seems to have a conflicting expansion with Elysium's territory.

So, your point still stands, and I think it's a great one. Chances are, my alliance won't be clean of this either, and that's just the way it is. I will keep your wisdom in mind as I take my own path to find at least partial peace for the realm of opportunity that is Ascalon.

Otvm

Slicer
Just as you said, something may be stirring beneath as well-Fang Creek seems to have a conflicting expansion with Elysium's territory.
Not anymore, there are no territory generators in Garama. I think this is because of Hilo's melon- and power- stealing intentions

gabrosen

Slicer
Not anymore, there are no territory generators in Garama. I think this is because of Hilo's melon- and power- stealing intentions

No it's because people are inactive and Crypt reset the T-gens a while back.

Back