Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Towns 2.0 Part 3: Perks

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
These are still unfinished and are subject to adding/removing/reordering, etc, but since so many of you are asking and we're too slow on finishing it up, this is the list of perks as they stand now (and not all are implemented yet, but most of the hunger/prowess/xp/regen ones all are)

Level 1 - Max town size 100 radius / All members have perms everywhere (tier2/Regular town members)
Level 2 - Increased XP by 10%
Level 3 -
Level 4 - Regen an extra half heart in town.
Level 5 - Max town size 200 radius / Select Royals area (owners and sub owners)
Level 6 - Hunger loss lowered by 25% in town.
Level 7 -
Level 8 - Increased XP by 25%
Level 9 - Prowess gain increased by 10%
Level 10 - Max town size 300 radius / Select tier 1 area (new player/noob area)
Level 11 - Regen an extra heart in town.
Level 12 -
Level 13 - Hunger loss lowered by 50% in town.
Level 14 - Prowess gain increased by 25%
Level 15 - Max town size 400 radius / Select tier 3 area (Lords)
Level 16 - Embassies
Level 17 - Ability to toggle mob spawning in town
Level 18 - Increased XP by 50%
Level 19 - You take no fall damage in town.
Level 20 - Max town size 500 radius
Level 21 - You do not lose hunger in town.
Level 22 - Ender pearls are not consumed when used in town.
Level 23 - Town Chest (Guild Bank Chest)
Level 24 -
Level 25 -

Psychedelic98

Slicer
Idea for level 24: inter-town portal. An inter-town portal would allow for 2 way transportation within your town. Fairly self explanatory, thoughts?

Z2W0kON.gif

Time to start leveling.

Zor95

Slicer
Level 25 - All your base are belong to us

The first town to reach level 25 obtains possession of all other towns. These towns will retain permissions on their land but must pay a heavy tax in place of a generator fee. Also, Spaghetti Tuesdays.

adderman500

Slicer
Zor95 said:
Level 25 - All your base are belong to us

The first town to reach level 25 obtains possession of all other towns. These towns will retain permissions on their land but must pay a heavy tax in place of a generator fee. Also, Spaghetti Tuesdays.
Ye dis

Zor95

Slicer
I'm hoping you are giving us an appropriate amount of time to level up and/or a warning before existing towns must deal with the restriction to their generator size.

Although I'll state what I have many times in the past. I dislike being restricted to a certain size when first starting off. Many people want to jump right into building whatever project they have in mind and not have to worry about grinding for hours just to get to the necessary size. It's not like we can hoard land while restricted to just one town. Also walls are still needed to keep people from walking in and killing you every day. If a town is restricted to a small size for weeks or months then they will have to build a wall around their town. Then they expand and have to build another wall. And then another wall. It's a waste of time.

adderman500

Slicer
I agree with zor here. It's not like the server has so many towns that we need to restrict their size. I'm not entirely sure of the benefits of restricting town size, except to fit it into the town perks scheme. The replacement bubble gen system would be enough for 5/10/15/20 in my opinion.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
You'll need to argue with Mag on that one, but I'm guessing one of the arguments is, regardless of map size, towns of 3 should not be able to protect 1000 blocks, it's quite silly.

Also current towns are basically grandfathered in, so we won't suddenly turn down your radius.

Zor95

Slicer
Ah, I do like grandfathers.

Well then @Magpie...

My biggest concern here is with those who like to build. Not just build a town, but build something massive and beautiful that the whole server can appreciate. The majority of these really great builders on the server now and in the past like to go solo such as MrAlchemy and Andre. It would be more difficult, I think, to obtain the level required for their desired generator size than to actually build their town. It's enough that they have to find either two people who would agree to not build anything or two people with the same styles and skills with building, but I do understand the need for that restriction.

That said, I do see no problem with restricting bubbles or whatever you want to call them now by town size.

adderman500

Slicer
Bear in mind that a 200 radius means 400x400 area. That's enormous. Level 5 isnt hard to achieve and a 400x400 area is more than enough for almost all towns, and actually level 10 with a 300 radius happily accommodates Albion, and we're almost at level 10 already after just a few days, with relatively little grinding. I actually now think that the restrictions just aren't a problem.

Zor95

Slicer
Yeah, for the average town although even then as I mentioned walls are a real annoyance. For builders? Lol no, that's tiny.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Zor95 said:
For builders? Lol no, that's tiny.

If you're going to be building a build that encompasses an area of what would be 1000x1000, then you're going to go through an insane amount of mining/crafting/building, all of which would get you levels on your town. Imagining somebody even trying to do that solo is one thing, most likely it'd be at least a small team of builders all of whom would also be contributing to the town's level.

I think your argument is valid, but it's an extremely rare case and I doubt it's gonna ward anyone off really.

Zor95

Slicer
Lotus wasn't finished though.

And aye, it's pretty rare right now, but seeing as you want to attract more builders I would assume it's going to be more commonplace for these epic projects.

But anyways point made I guess. Have a gif.

tumblr_lq2em9kNdQ1qgf4wj.gif

IdkKhev

Toggle-able PvP between town members as one of the perks? Nice to have Wendy not kill me while we're mob killing.
Though it might be considered an advantage if we say get raided and we can all just go in with no worry about hitting each other.

Zor95

Slicer
Have you considered a perk to buff beacons? Such as giving them a bigger radius or adding boosts like water breathing and night vision. If that's even possible.

Back