Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Towns 2.0 Part 3: Perks

MasterAegon

Slicer
Idea for high level perk:

Allow a limited number of portals to be set up which allows you to teleport around your town. If possible, require that the user have building permissions to use the portal.
Or...what about tp's between allied towns at a higher level.

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
We don't like the idea of tp's between towns for a couple of reasons. First both towns would need the high perk so often you would get the perk and have no one else to use it with. We also like people to set up rails and connections between their towns, and have to think about where they build their towns in relation to each other. (which won't happen if they can all tp or portal to each other) Tp also makes embassies redundant.

As for portals around town, it is something we have discussed in the past, perhaps we will revisit the idea again.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Idea for high level perk:

Allow a limited number of portals to be set up which allows you to teleport around your town. If possible, require that the user have building permissions to use the portal.

Question is how to define destination points, etc

Zor95

Slicer
You could use //hppos or the axe to select the teleporter and perhaps have an interface that prompts you to enter destination coordinates? Or place the portals with a system similar to territory beacons. Or if the portals are two-way you could have a small structure that functions after you activate them somehow.

Artagan

Slicer
If Crypt is keeping with the pattern he's established so far with all the perks divisible by 5, then perk 25 will be called "Becoming a <something bigger/grander than a Capitol>", and it'll allow for even larger protection and more zones.

I'm more interested in perk 24, since that's an extremely high level perk that could be just about anything. That's where you'll probably see something in the realm of Zor's idea.

Me personally, I would like to see a lore related perk.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
24 or 25, haven't decided which, is something akin to a Vault is the latest thinking. A single, double, or building of chests that store a far greater volume of blocks than their inventory shows.

MasterAegon

Slicer
Will these be like the enderchest or will anyone in the town be able to access it's contents?

Last edited:

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Anyone could access it. I'd presume people would zone it out to prevent access to lower-level members probably.

Leasaur

Slicer
24 or 25, haven't decided which, is something akin to a Vault is the latest thinking. A single, double, or building of chests that store a far greater volume of blocks than their inventory shows.
can I has?
(since I did all that hard work leveling the town up to 24)

Zor95

Slicer
A vault seems mundane to me. If I want a lot of storage space I'll build my own vault. In fact, I have. Perhaps if it were a lower level reward. Compared to other high level rewards like the summonable town chest, infinite ender pearls, and even embassies it just seems very lackluster.

Artagan

Slicer
What do you have in mind?

I have a few ideas. Some of them are not that great, but it's just to give you an idea of what I mean by a "lore perk".

Your town receives something that allows it to build a functioning knife, although where it goes is a mystery...
Your town can build an altar to Freyjia that gives buffs like regen and night vision when you "sacrifice" on it.
When your town reaches this perk, it has a very small chance of being attacked by an Enderdragon every once in a while.
Ghosts (invisible charged creepers that drop strange motes) spawn in your town when mobspawning is toggled on.

That's just a handful. Crypt could probably come up with something more creative, but that's just to give you an idea.

adderman500

Slicer
We could build a few different places that the knife would randomly transport you to. A bit like the "chambers" in the slicer course, maybe just some small but really cool little rooms. I'm not so sure about your other 3 ideas, but I really like the thought of a lore perk.

adderman500

Slicer
Add to that - you may use the knife every couple of hours - it has a charging time. Once teleported to one of the random chamber locations, you have only a minute or two there. The chamber will be filled with little secrets and nuggets of lore.

Leasaur

Slicer
Level 25 - All your base are belong to us

The first town to reach level 25 obtains possession of all other towns. These towns will retain permissions on their land but must pay a heavy tax in place of a generator fee. Also, Spaghetti Tuesdays.

Becoming a planet

Brothers, the time has come to bow before your porcine overlords.
Citadel has reached town level 25.png

Back