Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

G0mez = Victor no more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

36s

Slicer
Hello Loka Community. For those of you who are aware, G0mez cheated during the tournament by using a optifine and forge version that HE KNEW would reduce his KB giving him an advantage above others (it essentially a different type of net limiter). Before I start my argument, I know there's going to be some bias.
I'd like to have everyone here put themselves in Dylhn's shoes. Practicing hours for this tournament and playing with nothing but skill on his side.
Another thing, his Optifine and forge were different from the main community's versions. He downloaded these messed up versions KNOWING it altered his KB in a GOOD way.
As a Noobville tournament host I come here saddened and disappointed that I have to do this. We are asking the staff team for G0mez to be stripped of his "Victor" title along with the lored sword that was given to him. We know that during the Noobville 1v1 tournament g0mez knowingly tried to gain an advantage over his competition by using specific launchers and mods. He also told a member of Loka, Ksleep to "ddos lurnn, if u lag out you get disqualified." Now I would normally take things like this as a joke except for the fact he mentioned he would "get disqualified" if he got hit offline. He has admitted multiple times in private and public that he used these corrupt versions of Optifine and Forge. We believe that Dylhn should obtain the champion sword from g0mez as he finished 2nd place. We have overwhelming proof of his attempts to gain an advantage and think its time everyone can give their opinion.
g0mez's point was "everyone has the same opportunity to do it" ok everyone can also hack doesn't mean its allowed. I'm talking context here. He cheated in a TOURNAMENT. (HE DIDNT HACK, HE CHEATED).
Linked below, are a bunch of the screenshots I've seen from this tournament drama, some may not be relevant to the conversation.
And please, if you disagree feel free to send me a REAL reason as to why g0mez should keep his sword.
not just "lol that tournament was ages ago" or "lol just use it too" or "lol just download a big file it'll do the same thing". no, it wont. U suffer the BAD things of lagging when u do that not JUST the good things, which G0mez was abusing.

https://gyazo.com/41cd07597cc3725c14f7d7db05816628
https://gyazo.com/f8565ed2ed7396066aa58fc91c9268bb
https://i.gyazo.com/thumb/1200/56adbef77bdcfb0b365336852d6e74b3-png.jpg

Last edited:

FroggyFruit1357

Very disappointed to see that the underdog was very possibly cheating. Tournaments are a testament of skill, not a competition of who can get away with cheating (no matter how severe). These tournaments take an obscene amount of time to plan and set up for the host, months of building, working on times, brackets, stalls, etc, and it really sucks for everyone involved that something like this happened.

I don't have the knowledge of game versions and mods in order to back up any claims for sure of cheating, but it seems to me that with all the provided screenshots, chances are pretty good that this may be the case.

Assuming these claims are true, I think at least a victor title being removed would be an appropriate punishment, although skirting the rules with game versions.

Like I said before, it's really sad to see one of the coolest things we have available to us on Loka, Player Hosted PvP Tournaments, ruined by a possible cheater.

Lampp_

Very disappointed to see that the underdog was very possibly cheating. Tournaments are a testament of skill, not a competition of who can get away with cheating (no matter how severe). These tournaments take an obscene amount of time to plan and set up for the host, months of building, working on times, brackets, stalls, etc, and it really sucks for everyone involved that something like this happened.

I don't have the knowledge of game versions and mods in order to back up any claims for sure of cheating, but it seems to me that with all the provided screenshots, chances are pretty good that this may be the case.

Assuming these claims are true, I think at least a victor title being removed would be an appropriate punishment, although skirting the rules with game versions.

Like I said before, it's really sad to see one of the coolest things we have available to us on Loka, Player Hosted PvP Tournaments, ruined by a possible cheater.
>dupes
??

subys

Okay, im not trying to biased in all this. The optifine version and forge version didnt give you reach or anti kb. If you test out the version itself you can tell theres some what of a kb difference. g0mez didnt use any "cheats" from what 36s is saying its a simple version that anyone on the loka community could have used. Its a official released version of minecraft forge and a official version of optifine. It just happened to be these two versions that caused delayed kb. You might say this is simliar to a netlimiter or straight up using velocity but at the same time it was a released version of minecraft optifine and forge which is not bannable in any way. You are just ruining peoples REPS by saying he was a cheater/hacker. This is a version everyone in the entire world was widely avaliable to. Just because someone did a little research and found how to take lesser kb doesn't mean he cheated his way to victor. (example) So if he optimized his PC to get less input delay to be able to crit faster hes cheating because he did his research? Forge and Optifine was never a bannable offense. He did his research and found a way to take lesser kb. I'm sorry yall didnt do your research and he did? For the last time it's not a hack and its not a cheat. Its OFFICIAL RELEASED VERSION OF MINECRAFT THAT WAS ALLOWED INTO THE GAME AND HE USED IT. simple as that.

ALSO yall indirectly harassed him the chat for no reason. Yall might say you were joking but you had no reason to say that stuff "OMG g0mez you are the best", "SmiGuy material"

Half of you guys were slicers. Grow up why are you whinning to him about him just make an official post instead of indirectly bothering the guy.

Last edited:

FroggyFruit1357

i mean it all depends on how much the forge matters but i haven't seen a video so i really cant make a opinion on it and you shouldn't either
Yo my bad
very possibly
I don't have the knowledge of game versions and mods in order to back up any claims for sure
Assuming these claims are true
possible cheater

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back