Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Hearts of Iron IV: Renatus Char | A Developers Diary

Zachary_N_Kaleno

Sentry
Community Rep
The most difficult part about naval order of Battles (creates the task forces and ships) surprisingly isn't making the fleet via code, but naming it lol
1709435561467.png

Zachary_N_Kaleno

Sentry
Community Rep
After reading some articles and watching some videos, I've realized a lot of the national spirits may be slightly op.

So will dumb it down unless if they're temporary buffs.

Zachary_N_Kaleno

Sentry
Community Rep
I love trying to figure out why 2 nations don't have a diplomatic map mode.

The funny thing is I probably missed something in their creation as they are both the two newest.

Zachary_N_Kaleno

Sentry
Community Rep
Renatus Char: Developer Diary #6
Hey yall, and I'm back with another developer diary on the on-goings of the mod. Not much happened other than some small fun stuff.
Startup
Upon game start-up, I've been able to implement a customizable Welcome and start-up screen that will help detail players on their nation's lore. While not every country has been implemented yet, this is a relatively easy and fun task, as it means I have to build more of the world, and how it got to the point it's at. Either way, here's the on startups. Also a credits screen.
1714878399570.png

Southern Valyria
The sick man of Garama has gotten content, and oh boy, are they sick. They start with seven national spirits that *severely* damage their economic output, which is good. As their war is meant to start in 2030, giving them five years to hold off, but I mean, it's very debilitating at the start, construction 1 research is nearly a thousand days long. However, this is to counteract their huge potential given their large population numbers. Testing is yet to ongo, but through a series of national foci and decisions, they will industrialize and do their construction. Honestly not much to talk about other than that without going too much into their lore.
1714878755355.png1714878784154.png
Aladra Rework
To put it blank, Aladras pre-war politics was too boring, and to be frank, useless. So I gutted about 80 national foci, and 100+ events to just the basics. Which will also make it less complicated, and less likely for the players actions to be used against them. It's honestly really similar to Kaiserreichs USA pre-civil war focus tree, but you know what, I like it. So its staying. The main focus of pre-war Aladra is the Pastures Package, which is an economic package that will hopefully help the Aladran Economy. Currently the road to civil war is still undergoing development, but everything pre-war is done. IE, nothing that will directly lead to war is done.
1714878729998.png

Country Selection
Selecting countries has also undergone a small change. I did mention it previously, but now more work has been done. Specifically to the five right most nations.1714878599981.png
1714878619819.png
1714878632907.png
1714878647811.png
(Sandsete is still being worked on)1714878675715.png

Pretty much it, a short Developer Diary today. Cyall next time.

Back