Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

LobsterLarry for Guardian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lampp_

Because he shouldnt have a position of power of he is known for scamming like what?? the whole point of being sentry is that your trustworthy which Larry is not new players wont want to interact with him in anyway shape or form when it comes to trades ect as hes now known for scamming
again why wasn’t he removed when he did it to dae then

Tedzi_

Larry was definitely in the wrong and I understand why the majority of loka is disappointed however rolling back ownership for something that was completely within the rules is a bit extreme imo

Theres a difference between larry not getting guardian and bat rolling back the town

Lampp_

Larry was definitely in the wrong and I understand why the majority of loka is disappointed however rolling back ownership for something that was completely within the rules is a bit extreme imo

Theres a difference between larry not getting guardian and bat rolling back the town
Yeah anyone who says this was justified scamming or morally correct is delusional and it was blatant ratting but it shouldn’t block him from guardian or following something completely in the rules

PETI

yea agreed

Zachary_N_Kaleno

Sentry
Community Rep
ut it shouldn’t block him from guardian or following something completely in the rules
I hate when people say "but it's within the rules" to arguments like this. The point isn't that what he did was legal or illegal or what not. Plenty of things are legal but wrong IRL. If you are basing your moral compass based on codified laws and written word, you're a bad person, plain and simple.

A person with a correctly set moral compass wouldn't base what is right or wrong based on laws and rules. The rules are there to prevent bad people from doing bad things without consequences.

The community is attacking him because he went across a line that he himself knew was wrong. But decided that it was worth the temporary capital value.

It doesn't matter or not if Gamer and Akame took Larry's role as a staff member into consideration. Staff are meant to be the role models that hold Loka together, who people should strive to be. If this much drama is being caused by Larry's actions, then he doesn't deserve to further his staff career as he clearly can't be trusted in positions of power.

With great power comes great responsibility, and although the Sentry rank itself isn't a powerful position, it is a good determinator on who should be allowed to professionalize into a more powerful role.

The -1s aren't for without reason, and they will be held with that reason in mind.

Tedzi_

The point isn't that what he did was legal or illegal or what not
i mean staff rolled back the town for something that was completely in the rules. Town owners have been scammed time and time before. What makes this case different and why should it get rolled back (not related to his guardian appeal but i am dissapointed in staffs actions here)

Lampp_

I hate when people say "but it's within the rules" to arguments like this. The point isn't that what he did was legal or illegal or what not. Plenty of things are legal but wrong IRL. If you are basing your moral compass based on codified laws and written word, you're a bad person, plain and simple.

A person with a correctly set moral compass wouldn't base what is right or wrong based on laws and rules. The rules are there to prevent bad people from doing bad things without consequences.

The community is attacking him because he went across a line that he himself knew was wrong. But decided that it was worth the temporary capital value.

It doesn't matter or not if Gamer and Akame took Larry's role as a staff member into consideration. Staff are meant to be the role models that hold Loka together, who people should strive to be. If this much drama is being caused by Larry's actions, then he doesn't deserve to further his staff career as he clearly can't be trusted in positions of power.

With great power comes great responsibility, and although the Sentry rank itself isn't a powerful position, it is a good determinator on who should be allowed to professionalize into a more powerful role.

The -1s aren't for without reason, and they will be held with that reason in mind.
Why wasn’t he held to this standard when he scammed dae? Why only now?

MDJayy

+1 known larry for like 5 years, his dedication and care for loka is pretty obvious to me, generally a positive figure in the communities he takes part in

ThePigGang

Guardian
bruh piggy and fros scammed dae and ain’t no one care, it’s never that serious 😭
Fwiw this is false.

I'm willing to shed some light regarding the Dae scam because it's being portrayed as the same situation when it was not. Larry singlehandedly scammed Dae, Larry acquired Lonely Lodge for the world cap achievement. Dae gave him full owner expecting it back but Larry kept it and kicked everyone out of the town. Larry then proceeded to take valuable items from rooms and void storage. At the time Larry was constantly switching between Vinovia and Ionia, because of this Larry offered that Ionia absorb Lonely Lodge's void storage minus all the owner storage type of stuff like diamond blocks. Dae being a player me and fros have actively been leading alliances against as well as someone who was openly toxic, we did not feel bad when we took his building blocks lmao. Anything like lores, rare heads, cores, and just personal valuable items were all in Larry's possession. Alot of Larry's friends were friends with Dae so he ended up getting a lot of hate from these people and was eventually pressured to give the items back which Larry did.

1) Gamer got the money in full for the town, only lost 4 lore after I picked up the shulker box HE placed and HE broke
Larry eventually returned the items to Dae because he realized what he had done to his image in the eyes of his friends. Regarding Gamer_DvD, lilfros called Larry out for being lame for keeping Gamer's items and advised that he return all the items, in response Larry insisted that he would keep some of the items and return others. This shulker contained bedrock as well as "Dire Fang", a pretty popular and expensive lore.

An Opportunist does not hesitate in the moment of passion.
A normal person must think: How do I become as cool as LobsterLarry. Well you see you can't.
Larry was also seen posting this. I do not think it needs to be said but there is no debate that Larry knew exactly what he was doing.

Why wasn’t he held to this standard when he scammed dae? Why only now?
The difference between now and then is that Larry was given full owner by Dae. It was not a town transaction, Dae wanted him to be the owner of Lonely Lodge for nothing in return. The reason Larry was even in a position to steal from Gamer is because of the trust embedded in his title of Sentry. Gamer and ElAkame live in nearly opposite time zones, being online at the same time is not easy. Larry was only meant to have fullowner only long enough till ElAkame could take it. The fact that Larry put down money is not the standalone reason he was trusted to hold the town for this temporary period. That's where it becomes a problem, any ordinary player would not have been given that same trust and opportunity. I think it's also worth noting that the Dae situation was nowhere near as public as this one, it also fixed itself when Larry righted his wrongs and returned the items.

Yeah anyone who says this was justified scamming or morally correct is delusional and it was blatant ratting but it shouldn’t block him from guardian
Clearly Larry's greed got the better of him and all of this could have been prevented had he just acted accordingly, cashrunning as a full owner is obviously legal but I do not understand why you would be engaging in these activities when you have an active guardian application. Why would the Elders want to promote someone to Guardian who is presently scamming the playerbase?

This is not an official staff response to the situation, this is my personal response to the matter. Unfortunate that it transpired like this, I truly do wish the best for Larry but this was clearly a severe lapse in judgement to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back