Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

LobsterLarry for Guardian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lampp_

The difference between now and then is that Larry was given full owner by Dae. It was not a town transaction, Dae wanted him to be the owner of Lonely Lodge for nothing in return. The reason Larry was even in a position to steal from Gamer is because of the trust embedded in his title of Sentry. Gamer and ElAkame live in nearly opposite time zones, being online at the same time is not easy. Larry was only meant to have fullowner only long enough till ElAkame could take it. The fact that Larry put down money is not the standalone reason he was trusted to hold the town for this temporary period. That's where it becomes a problem, any ordinary player would not have been given that same trust and opportunity. I think it's also worth noting that the Dae situation was nowhere near as public as this one, it also fixed itself when Larry righted his wrongs and returned the items.
I strongly disagree with this this action would make much more sense if there was evidence to the contrary but I didn’t see anything about them trusting him because he was a sentry

Lampp_

Clearly Larry's greed got the better of him and all of this could have been prevented had he just acted accordingly, cashrunning as a full owner is obviously legal but I do not understand why you would be engaging in these activities when you have an active guardian application. Why would the Elders want to promote someone to Guardian who is presently scamming the playerbase?
imo If Larry was completely in the rules and was fully legible for guardian that action shouldn’t stop him just for that if it was the scamming + x which reveals y causing us to think he’s z that makes sense but the whole “he scam so no guardian” when it was fully legal is dumb IMO

Lampp_

Fwiw this is false.

I'm willing to shed some light regarding the Dae scam because it's being portrayed as the same situation when it was not. Larry singlehandedly scammed Dae, Larry acquired Lonely Lodge for the world cap achievement. Dae gave him full owner expecting it back but Larry kept it and kicked everyone out of the town. Larry then proceeded to take valuable items from rooms and void storage. At the time Larry was constantly switching between Vinovia and Ionia, because of this Larry offered that Ionia absorb Lonely Lodge's void storage minus all the owner storage type of stuff like diamond blocks. Dae being a player me and fros have actively been leading alliances against as well as someone who was openly toxic, we did not feel bad when we took his building blocks lmao. Anything like lores, rare heads, cores, and just personal valuable items were all in Larry's possession. Alot of Larry's friends were friends with Dae so he ended up getting a lot of hate from these people and was eventually pressured to give the items back which Larry did.

Larry eventually returned the items to Dae because he realized what he had done to his image in the eyes of his friends. Regarding Gamer_DvD, lilfros called Larry out for being lame for keeping Gamer's items and advised that he return all the items, in response Larry insisted that he would keep some of the items and return others. This shulker contained bedrock as well as "Dire Fang", a pretty popular and expensive lore.
FYI the issue stems from the fact that when dae went to the guardians and said “hey this sentry just scammed me and ran my savings can you do anything” they said no because it was a fully legal action people are asking why wasn’t he held to this standard when he did it to dae because staff take an action not players (also it took multiple weeks to get a fraction of the items back to dae vs bat rolling it back in 2 days)

mindblaster007

Ya all, this just makes me wanna +1 more… he clearly has a detailed knowledge of the rules and inner workings of Loka if he was able to pull that off so I fail to see why he shouldn’t be promoted on the basis of not breaking the rules…

+1

FoxyBearGames

Guardian
I strongly disagree with this this action would make much more sense if there was evidence to the contrary but I didn’t see anything about them trusting him because he was a sentry
Regardless of conscious perception, I have to imagine most people would be more inclined to trust staff members of the server over regular players on a subconscious level.

mindblaster007

Regardless of conscious perception, I have to imagine most people would be more inclined to trust staff members of the server over regular players on a subconscious level.
Then rather than you guys complaining, make an effort to get it added to the rules. Personally, it’s just down right petty to try and put someone in a negative light for following the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back