Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Lost, but on purpose.

Do you want to read more?

• Yes

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Heck Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 100% Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No (JK Yes)

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Steve5729

Slicer
Lost, but on Purpose. Volume I Part I: Full Retreat

I was able to predict the fall of Arvik. Nokia had retreated leaving Bork in charge. I gathered all I could from the ruins and set off for the Kalros Mountains. I flew the first miles but then a blizzard blew in. It was impossible to see and I made a landing. My elytra was now useless. That first night I found a cave and crawled in. It was cold and I was weak. A fire was lit from my bow and I broke out the first of my supplies. Mutton and potatoes was all I had to eat. It was all I had ever had to eat. I then took out a torch and melted some ice for water and drank heartily. Then I slept. It was cold and bitter with snow all around me. The next morning I woke up in a cold sweat. The blizzard had stopped but I wasn't alone. A polar bear was wandering out side my cave. I readied my bow and nocked and arrow. I aimed and took my shot the bear roared and came towards me with rage in it's eyes. I nocked a second arrow and the beast fell. Quickly I rushed forward and salvaged all meat from it that I could. I ate the bear for breakfast and devised a plan. I would have to vacate Kalros to Aladra. Once there I could safely meet an old friend of mine. And so I set out on foot. My elytra had been badly damaged the night before in the storm and I left it in the cave. When first descending the mountains I would try to lower my self slowly. This, unfortunately, resulted in me be overly cautious and not making good enough travel time. Next I tried running down but I soon fell and this was where my first stroke of bad luck hit. I broke my right arm, my sword arm. I was now defenseless. The nearest supply source that I was aware of was Hilo, enemy territory. I needed to get in heal and get out, even harder with a bad arm. I found some sticks and fashioned a splint to serve as a brace for my arm. My unfortunate incident had brought me down the mountain far enough where I would no longer need to go that slowly. I was able to make it down without further harm. Now to Hilo. Night was setting in so I found a tree and rested beneath it's trunk. I ate less this time, my rations were running low. I needed more food and some water. I though about it after a good night's rest and decided that I would get Hilo to give me supplies by being a beggar. I tore my clothes on my arrow and splashed mud on my face. I walked to hilo and developed a slouch to help pull the act. I showed up to the front gate of Hilo and gave a yelp.
"Help me. Help me please." I said it loud enough to be heard and quiet enough to sound weak. A tall man on the wall answered me.
"Who goes there?" He boomed in a loud strong voice.
"Just a lowly traveler in need of food and medicine."
"How do we know we can trust you?"
"Come now friend. Surely I with a broken arm and a weak body pose no threat to such a powerful force such as your self." I had a way with words. Not a natural talent. I had spent many an hour studying the art of persuasion and speech in my free time.
"I suppose you may come in. We shall give you food medical aid and bedding for the night then you must leave."
"Thank you sir you are to kind." The gate opened and I was let in. He lead me to a small shack. There were no windows and it was old and worn down. The roof seemed to be falling apart and as far as I could guess the inside wasn't any better. I was correct of course for the inside was worse. There were cobwebs everywhere and a thick line of dust coated the floor. There was one small bed. It too was coated in dust. It was made of hay and cloth.
"You'll sleep here tonight. I will bring food and medicine for you."
"Thank you sir."
Food was brought in no hurry. I waited there was no past time and what was about two hours felt like two days. Food was brought and I ate slow. I tried to savor every bite. The food, of course, was mutton and potatoes. I didn't care it was delicious. Along with this food was a bottle of Instant Health II potion. Enough to fix my arm and more. I drank it down quickly. The taste was of strawberry, or maybe it was cherry. It seemed as though the taste changed every second some good and some bad. My arm felt better immediately. I went to bed for the night. That night I had a dream. I was being chased by a covenant soldier and had tripped and fallen. I was sure that the soldier would kill me but he didn't. Instead he reached out his hand to help me up. I was so taken aback I just sat there in aww. Suddenly a figure ran up from behind and killed the soldier. The figure was a disfigured Nokia. His face appeared to be melting off and his eyes were replaced with fire. The cackled maniacally and relished in his killing. He then stood over me and slapped me on my right cheek. He told me to get on my feet. He told me that if he ever saw me run away from one of them again he would end me. There was no room for weakness in Arvik. I woke up in a hot sweat. I rubbed my right cheek. The pain almost felt to feel real. Something wasn't right. In the morning the soldier came and got me.
"Let's move buddy."
I stood up and followed him. That word made me think, 'buddy'. I thought about how these people had let me into their home and shown me kindness despite the possibility of me betraying them. Something inside me didn't feel write. I had been told they would enslave and kill me! I had been told that they were the evil and that we were the good. My mentality was a wreck. My hands shook as I walked that day. I recited the words I had been taught in Arvik.

Arvik is our city, Arvik is our kingdom. I shall fight for Asmund for my life. The Covenant is evil and I shall slay them. I must defend my kingdom and destroy theirs. For without my success I shall be enslaved. Forever shall I cry should I be captured. There is no weakness in Asmund. There is no weakness in our armada. Those with weakness shall perish.

The words felt so empty now but I still believed them. I had tricked the Hilo guard. He was stupid. It was my cleverness that got me in not his kindness! Even as I thought those words I questioned them. How could he have been that stupid. He hadn't even questioned me about where I was going or coming from. I realized where I was. I was close to the Kalros docks. I could catch The North Star to Aladra. Thoughts of being able to fight again flooded my mind. I could stunt The Covenant. Somehow with all hope we could take them down, against all odds. I ran and reached the docks. I waited patiently for a boat to arrive. I was out of food and starving. No boat came that day. I slept and dreamt of Melchiott's bread in Aladra. I could eat it for days upon end. The next morning I was awoken by a bell.
I heard a voice yell, "Last call for The North Star to Aladra. Any final takers?
I rushed up and spoke. "Me, take me. Please tell me you have space left."
The man laughed and said to me. "Poor lad you must be stranded to act this way. Come aboard we'll be there by sunrise tomorrow."

Author's Note:
I would like to thank Wizardteepot. He has inspired me to make this story of my time in hiding. I find that I write my own lore when I play. So I have decided to write my story for when I don't play. This was the first break I took from Loka. It lasted about 1.5 months. Volume I Part II will be out shortly explaining how I came back to Loka. Afterwards Volume II will be out explaining my second break. From then on I intend to write Library books for the Aladran Library about Pavis and Skuhism. I would also like to thank Skuhoo and the rest of the covenant. When Arvik fell I quit because I got bored. I came back and quit again. The next time I came back Skuhoo and The Covenant have made me stay. Lastly I'd also like to thank Iblis for fighting by my side. Lastly lastly I'd like to thank _Adzy for all the great Orange moments he has given me.

Edit: All feedback is welcome, negative and positive. Either PM me on Discord In game or leave a comment.

Last edited:

Steve5729

Slicer
Lost but on Purpose Volume I Part II: Aladran Dream
I stepped off The North Star and threw up in the nearest barrel. I was't sea sick. I don't get nauseous. I had been drinking the night before. I stole some Kalrosian Gin from below deck and sipped it well. Hadn't had any in months. After one bottle I felt fine but decided to endorse my self as a treat so I ended up drinking about 5 bottles, I don't remember well. I was sober after that last vomit. This was when my second stroke of bad luck hit. My old friend wasn't in town. Sir Aureon of Aureum was nowhere to be seen. I had no way of contacting him. I would have to wait for the next time he came.

Many days passed before he came. The dream I had that night in Hilo had passed away I hadn't had it again. I spent the days with the same schedule. I would wake up in the mornings and head to Melchiott's bread stand and get my bread for breakfast. When I first started I would only eat the bread and spend the day hiding in the rose bushes watching for Aureon. Later I became more productive. I would take the bread in the morning then head up into the hills to find a clean stream. I would get some water in a bottle I had stolen from a passing stranger. Next I would wash my clothes throughly. I laid them out to dry on some sunny rocks and jumped in the river. I would bathe and clean myself. Despite my condition I tried to stay sanitary. I would then take my bow and shoot a fish. I would use an arrow to gut it and spear it. Once speared I put it on a spit over a fire I would make with my sword. Once cooked I would take a slice of the Aladran Sweetbread from Melchiott and put fish on it. There was a cow on the island that I would see wandering about some times. Often I would fill my bottle with it's milk. Then ready for my day I would head into Aladra and watch the travelers. Often I would watch from Kaurii's attic or from hiding in the rose bushes. At night I would sleep in various places. The Windmill, the Loft of the Portal building, and the Garama cap hall to name a few.

One night the dream came back to me. This time it was different though. I saw through a blurred vision. I was The Covenant soldier. When I was stabbed I fell over but could still see. I saw someone that wasn't me being attacked verbally. I felt sorry for the poor person. I wanted to get up and help him but I couldn't do anything. I felt lost inside and for some reason I wanted to be. The real me was coming back. I deserved to die if I helped them. They are evil and we are good. I am aiding the wrong side! I woke up in a cold sweat. That day I didn't go get my bread. I had stayed in the Loft that night and I talked myself into going out again today when I heard a familiar voice.

"I need more stone for the wall!" Shouted the Voice. Other voices responded but I didn't need to hear them. I knew that the first voice was none other than my dear friend, Sir Aureon. I sprinted down the loft and composed my self slowly before leaving the room. Aureon was faced away from me. I could tell it was him by the back of his head.

I grabbed his shoulder and spoke. "Aureon."

He spun around and looked at me. His eyes lit up when he saw my face and mine when I saw his. I recognized his suit blonde beard his glistening eyes stared at me. "St- Steve? Is it really you? Are you really alive?"

"Yes Aureon it's me. It's me Steve." I started getting teary eyed but I wiped it away. One of the many rules drilled in to my mind by the Arvikian force was that real men never cry.

"Steve you've come back to me! We shall destroy The Covenant once and for all, together!"

We laughed in unison. "Come Aureon, We have much to discuss."

Author's Note:
Part II is much shorter than Part I. Part III will be much longer. Thank you for reading for all of you that did. I also realized I might have been unclear on some things. In LBOP most of Minecraft's and Loka's aspects are to be included. Some things are not included and some things are added. For example Steve's Broken arm and need for water is an addition. I made the North Star journey longer than a couple seconds and I can't have people going to spawn every 30 minutes, it doesn't make for as good as a story. If there are any questions or disputes about your character in this story please tell me. I don't mean to intend to hurt anyone by writing this story and should I write something about a certain player and they want it to be removed I will gladly remove it.

Last edited:

Steve5729

Slicer
Lost but on Purpose Volume 1 Part III: Returning Home
Aureon and I walked through the portal to Aureum. I stepped in. It was different than I remember but in a good way. Expanded upon but not changed. I smelled the fresh diorite in the air. Most of it which I had dug and built. I rubbed my hand against the wall fondly. My old home was still there I placed the remaining of my belongings in it. Remaning I had my sword, Backstabber as I called it at the time. I kept it on me at all times. I had a set of clothes and a bow as well which I also kept on me at all times. I placed my shulker with my remaining items in a corner. A change of clothes, my suit of armor, 90 power shards, 3 diamonds, a gold block, an iron block, and the remainder of my food. I spent most of that day aquatinting myself with everyone new.

That night a banquet was held in my honor. A bowl of mushroom soup was the appetizer. I drank it down heartily. I had never really been fond of mushrooms but eating only mutton and potatoes for a while anything other than that tasted good. Next the main course. Roasted rabbit with a side of boiled carrots. I love eating rabbit. It is one of the finest delicacies on Ascalon. I am however concerned. Someone introduced Foxes to Ascalon shortly before my arrival in Loka and having no predator the rabbit population is dying. I savored every bite and with it I drank Kalrosian gin. I've been told I have a strong stomach for alcoholic beverages. I don't doubt it, that night I drank seven goblets. Next for desert there was golden apples. The crispest, tastiest apple I'd ever had was that one. The second time I ate a golden apple it didn't compare to the sensation of the first.

After the banquet I went to bed in my old home. This time I had a different dream. I dreamt of the day I went to Arvik. My helmet on I marched through Aladra with the other troops to battle. My hand on my sword I walked through the portal with my fellow soldiers. We walked to our beacon and prepared to go into battle. When the warp commenced I was alone. No one else had been transported but me. I looked around me. I watched as the enemies drew near. I saw they were not The Covenant but Asmund. Strangely, I didn't feel scared or startled. I felt confident. I drew my sword and hacked and slashed through my many foes slaying them each. When I had finished I looked around me. I had killed my friends and allies. I felt indescribable pain in my head. I held each of the soldiers's bodies in my hands and wept for each one. When I had moaned for the last soldier I drew my sword and through my own chest pierced it. Everything went black. I didn't wake up. I just sat in the blackness for what felt like hours upon end. When dawn came I woke up. I reminded myself it was all just a dream and went down into town.

Aureon had requested a special meeting with me and the other leaders of Aureum. We gathered there and discussed the war plans of the future. We reached a conclusion and devised a plan First: We would bide our time gaining soldiers and arms to attack with. Second: We would attack the smaller enemy forces first for a potential strength boost. Third: We would attack The Covenant. The plan was decided and we each went our separate ways that day. I, in need of a new elytra, went to the End to kill a dragon for one. I found someone there. A man with fake fox ears and a tail on him. He charged at me and in defense I struck him down, but didn't kill him. He was incapacitated while I stripped him of all his possessions except the ears and tail. I slew the dragon that he was fighting before I came and jumped into the portal. I later found out that this man's name was Rayward. I felt hatred and I knew that we were going to be enemies.

Author's Note:​
Sorry I said this one would be longer but as of writing this I am actually really busy IRL. I just had to write a short update to not keep people waiting. Other than that looking forward to part IV this has been an amazing experience for me to write and I'm thankful for all the support that has been given to me. #ClicheButTrue

Last edited:

Steve5729

Slicer
Lost but on Purpose Volume 1 Part IV: Logical Thinking
I returned to town and went straight to my home. A searing pain had come through my head. I lay down to relax on my bed and almost as if a spell had been cast on me I fell asleep. I dreamt that night of Rayward. In my dream I saw him with another person I had never seen before. The person stole his belongings and left him there. The other person then came up to me and reached out his hand. I shook it, and without a single word we both walked away from Ray. We entered a forest like no other I'd seen before. The trees were lighter than birch and the leaves were blue with pink bulbs. The stranger climbed a tree and plucked two bulbs. Up close they were big enough you could only fit one in a hand. He handed me one and bit into his. I did the same for mine. It tasted sweet with a hit of sour that made it all the better. The stranger looked at me and spoke.

"Victory, Sweet Victory."

Suddenly I woke. The taste seemed to still be in my mouth some how. I thought hard but I didn't recognize the voice of the man. I looked outside and saw that it was late evening or early morning, I couldn't tell. I decided to go on a walk to Aladra via the portal. As I walked I sat and contemplated the dream. It was a good dream one that I hoped would replace the ones about Arvik I'd been having. I was starting to wonder if these dreams meant something. It was obvious that Ray was an enemy but what about Arvik. Was Arvik really the bad one...

No! I couldn't think like that I had to stop myself. I ran and dove into the ocean, hoping that a splash of cold water would help me think straight. Now, I could only think about how much I had to stop thinking about it. I managed to work up the courage to go back to Aureum and sleep. I saw the same dream as earlier that night, except this time I was the stranger. I walked up to myself and went through the same routine, I noticed something about myself though. I was wearing a set of Covenant armor. I thought to myself that maybe after the fall of Asmund this would be the better option. I woke up in a cold sweat. I recognized to myself that I needed time to think. The next day I started packing my shulker box. I tried to take as long as possible so I wouldn't have to accept the fact that I needed to leave.

Aureon didn't notice. He was more concerned with his wall. I looked at him and realized I couldn't leave my friend behind. I needed a new way out. I found the town Rayward had come from. A small undefended settlement known as Zorros. I frequently would raid it for supplies and resources. I killed Ray often and without remorse. Most often because I knew the artifact could bring him back. One day Aureon told me we would be allying Zorros. I accepted this for some reason. Something inside me made me trust Aureon more than my own hatred for Zorros. A few days after we allied Zorros was removed from our alliance. They had attacked The Covenant unprovoked without permission. Aureon had decided to kick them for it. I felt my hatred rise once again. I raided and not only that I conquered. Several Inhibitors were placed in Zorros territory in attempt to destroy there petty town and almost all were successful.

Halfway through the battles Aureon told me to stop. He said that removing Zorros was a mistake and they were going to be let back in, I disagreed. I continued battling against his wishes. Aureon and I fought verbally for several hours after that. It ended not as nicely as I would have wished. The conversation ended something like this.

"I don't care to be fighting along side Zorros anymore." I stated as if it made a difference in Aureon's opinion.

"If you don't then leave. I will remove you from this townmyself if you do not change your stance." Was his fierce Response

"Go on and do it. You have no guts you won't. I'm the best person in this town you got. Without me the town will die from inactivity."

"Now you are just being unreasonable. Are you legitimately threatening me when I am the one in control?"

"You aren't in control over me. You never have been and never will be."

"So long as I am leader of this town and you are in it you are under me and will do as I say."

"Fine then I will leave. I will go and join The Covenant!"

Aureon froze. I knew I had got him. Through this conversation I knew I had been fighting for the wrong side. I knew I needed to find someone else to lead me. When I had said The Covenant though, this was undecided. It startled me a bit. I had just thought about joining some new neutral town or something but straight out saying the people up until this point who had been my enemies phased me a bit, but it phased Aureon harder. He looked at me as if he had been stabbed in the chest. A look of horror spread across his eyes. I took something from my cloak that I always wear. A bow known as Aquila. It was Aureon's bow but he had lent it to me a while ago. I showed it to him and then took it with me. He looked even more shocked and backed against a wall. He then slumped to the floor and looked as I walked away. I packed all the valuable belongings from my house into my shulker and walked to the Tgen. I spoke to the person inside.

"Take me away from this place." I said, trying to restrain the quiver in my voice.

"Are you sure? You will not be able to come back for a while."

I stopped for a second, "Yes, I'm sure."

I felt warped as I was teleported to Aladra. I slowly walked to the docks to start my new life.

Author's Note:​
That's it for Volume I folks. I hope you enjoyed and it's going to be a while before Volume II starts. I want to take my time and think about what happend next.

Last edited:

Steve5729

Slicer
Lost, but on Purpose. Volume 2 Part I: A Strange Encounter

I dedicate this chapter to: Donutified, My grandmother and her cat.

I stepped onto the Oakheart. It was closer to Eldritch than by just if I had walked out of Aureum. I went below deck and collapsed. Arguing with your leader for the past year isn’t exactly the easiest thing in the world.

I rolled on my side and gazed into a pile of mycelium. It looked comfortable and I soon toppled onto it and fell asleep. Well at least I think I fell asleep. Dream or not all remember is gazing straight forward into a specific plank of wood. It was oak, much like the name of the boat would suggest. It had 2 or 3 holes in it and there was some green mold growing on it. I stared at this plank and thought endlessly about what would happen next. Would I really join Eldritch? Would they even let me in? Would they just lock me in a cell? Kill me and have The Artifact send me back to Aladra? I was starting to wonder if maybe I should just jump off the boat right now and try and find away to make the artifact fail. But then the moss on the plank changed. It formed into three words, words that would change the course of my entire life.

ELDRITCH IS GOOD

Slowly it then turned back into the strange green thing it had been before. As soon as it had molded back into the perfect shape to the exact measurement the bell of the Oakheart rang.

"We’re dropping the Gang plank off the port bow. Everyone thats goin’ ashore go ashore!”

I stepped off the boat and started smelled the fresh ocean air. I started the long journey towards Eldritch. I walked straight onwards for several miles until I came upon a nice birch tree and decided it would be a good place to rest. I reached into my tunic and removed the last chunk of Melchiott’s bread. I savored every last bight as I had a feeling It would be the last I’d taste of it for a long, long time.

I continued my journey south and was met with wide ocean. I had to options boating or walking. I thought about it and definitively decided walking. By doing so I would be able to approach Eldritch and the front gate and request entrance like normal.

Suddenly I heard a rustling int he bushes ahead of me. I placed my hand on my sword. From the bushes jumped a Covenant soldier and from behind me another one had leapt out of a tree. I realized instantaiously the mistake I had made. When I had chosen to walk I had set off an Eldrtichian Radar.

The first soldier spoke. “Stop right there! You are under arrest for trespassing in Eldritch territory you will be taken back to Eldritch and subject to questioning."​

Last edited:

Donutified

Slicer
I feel so honoured, also great story. I’m so annoyed that it ended on such a cliffhanger, I’ll be tuned in for more.

Steve5729

Slicer
Lost, but on Purpose Volume 2 Part II: Eldritch, Capital of Ascalon

The soldier that spoke nodded to another soldier and he stepped up right behind me. He slowly dragged my arms behind my back and Leashed them together with firm rope. He continued by searching me and removing any weapons or any other items I had, even my food. He then drew his bow and nocked an arrow.

"Don't worry I'll be right behind you this entire time try anything and I won't hesitate to loose this arrow into the back of your skull."

The walk back was surprisingly short I had guessed that I had made the longest stretch of my journey without my two captivators. I thought about my odds of escaping. They were slim especially with the archer behind me. Then something hit me as if I had dropped a rock on my foot. This was my way into Eldritch. I hadn't really thought about it this far. Was I supposed to just go up to Eldritch's front gate and ask for a nice sit down conversation over a cup of tea? Even with the likelihood of imprisonment this was probably better. Upon reaching the gate the leading soldier removed his helmet. A somewhat short and thinner man from the top of the gate called out.

"Who wishes to enter the great city of Eldritch?"

The man in the front spoke and I knew exactly who he was and who the man behind him was.
"Kallious and Bat of Eldritch transporting Prisoner found on Eldritchian radar. He to be sent to questioning."

Of course! Kallious. Skuhoo's right hand man in leading eldritch and the Victor of Loka only second to The Champion himself Skuhoo. Not only that but I recognized Bat as well. Another formidable fighter and well ranked in the army of Eldritch.

(((well at least they were of when this story occured.)))

The front gate opened and the three of us marched in. A bag was placed over my head and I could no longer see. I could feel as I was being lead down a stair case and as soon as I reached the last step all heat seamed to disappear from my body. The bag was risen from my head and my arms unbound. I was very clearly in a prison area. A stench roamed the hall, one of fungus and mold. Bat stepped forward and unlocked a door. Kallious shoved me into the cell and slammed the door and glared long and hard at me. His stare made me feel as though he was looking directly into my soul and then suddenly he broke the silence that felt like it had lasted an eternity.

"I know you. You are that punk that was in Aureum and then went to go help Arvik. You probably were trying to hide in Ascalon but messed up and got caught by one of our radars now didn't you love."

I thought about what I wanted to say. I couldn't just not answer. I had to think and fast. Unfortunately I wasn't fast enough because Kallious esesntialy spat out his next words.

"I haven't got all bloody day."

"I... I no didn't mistake here!"

"What on Loka are you saying try again and this time in a real language please!"

"I didn't come here on accident!"

"Oh then why did you come here?"

"I-" I caught myself If I was really about to say this then everything could change but one image popped into my mind. Nokiaman His face melting and beneath was his skull. Engraved on the skull was the Word Arvik and it was crossed out.

"Spit it out!"

"I CAME TO TRY AND JOIN ELDRITCH!"

Kallious hesitated for a moment then retorted, "Yeah right. I'd have to be and Idiot to fall for that one"

Bat looked at Kallious and for the first time ever, I heard him speak. "Kallious I think he's telling the truth."

"What you done lost your brain? He's trying to Infiltrate our forces!"

"Regardless we should get Skuhoo and Krazy's Input on this before we do anything too rash"

"I can agree with that. You, we'll be back for you later!"

They turned and went up the stairs. It was cold, damp and dark. I decided to see if there had been anything they had missed on my person. Something I could use to pass the time. It was then that I realized my hands had never been untied. Suddenly I heard foot steps. coming down the stairs and stepping beside my cell was The Champion, Skuhoo.​

Last edited:

Steve5729

Slicer
Thanks for everyone's reactions! I will start drafting up my next chapter ASAP.

Edit: So why did I never write the next chapter? Well to be honest I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm not going to set a release date on it but It'll happen eventually and I promise It will be a long one.

Last edited:

Steve5729

Slicer
Lost, but on Purpose Volume 2 Part III: Decisions

Skuhoo walked right up to my cell. There was a long awkward pause as he sat there looking at me. I fell under his scrutinizing gaze as he examined me. After his thorough visual examination of me he stared directly into my eyes. I looked back, terrified, and yet I knew I had nothing to fear. If he were to kill me the Artifact would bring me back and I would need to make the journey here again, likely to be killed again, a cycle that would repeat until I was heard out or the artifact would fail. Finally Skuhoo spoke.

“Well why are you here.”

I hesitated to respond after what Kallious had said to my original answer but knew that lying would get me nowhere. “I want to join Eldritch.”

He didn’t bat an eyelash, clearly taking it better than Kallious had.

“Alright, I’ll be back.” He stated as he turned and went back up the staircase.

I waited. Hours passed, or at least that’s how it felt. It was pure dark all around me and I waited for Skuhoo to come back. I was getting hungry. I felt as if I hadn’t ate so much as a scrap of bread in over a week. Suddenly I heard the creek of the door and someone coming down the stairs. A helmeted guard came down holding a bag and a torch. They placed the torch in a holder on the wall and rummaged through his sack. Next, they pulled out a loaf of bread and a glass bottle of water. Without a word they reached in through the bars and placed then on the floor. In front of me. I didn’t move. I would wait until I was given permission to eat. I didn’t think that the Eldritchian guards were that strict but I figured I would be better off choosing to play my actions safely.

“Eat.” Said the guard with a gruff male voice as he reached back into his sack.

I eagerly complied. Starved, I nearly dove for the food but contained myself to seem on better behavior. I expected the bread to be stale or moldy but it wasn’t. In fact it was warm and soft, the flavor was unlike anything I’d ever tasted, It even rivaled the wonderful Aladran sweet bread of Melchiott. I paused after one bite and looked at the bread. I looked at the guard with a puzzled look.

“Eat.” He commanded again, this time much harshly toned.

I did as I was told. I polished off the rest of the bread nearly instantaneously and began to drink the water. It tasted like water, just regular water. I continued to drink. When I was finished the guard, still rummaging around in his sack spoke again.

‘Bottle.”

I gave him the bottle he put it back in his sack and it appeared as though he finally found what he was looking for. A candle was in his hand when he removed it. He lit it and placed it in tray just out of my arms reach outside my cell. He pulled out a key and inserted it into the lock of my cell door. When finished twisting he removed it and went back up the stairs. Suddenly a realization had hit me. The guard had never set foot in my cell, meaning he had never had to unlock my door to come inside. What he had just done was to unlock my door and left me unattended.

I thought for a long time about what I would do next. I could just leave, the door was open to me. Surely there would be more doors to stop me, but I’d never know if I didn’t look. I stared at the door as if magically it would lock itself solving my dilemma for me. I realized I didn’t have to sit here. I could go back to Aureon, plead him for forgiveness, admit my wrong doings, be his right hand man again. I could hold out for an opportunity to take down Eldritch, hang on until I knew I could do it. I thought even more, would Aureon even take me back? I had essentially abandoned him. I knew the town of Aureum would eventually fade away with only him there so of course he’d take me back. Right?

I thought about what would happen if he didn’t. How I would survive with no where to go. I could venture out on my own. Beyond Aladra, beyond the three continents, beyond even the known world of Loka. Was there really a space out there for me? Could I make it out on my own?

My contemplation was interrupted by a certain disruption. An elderly man was standing in front of me, except he wasn’t standing. He was floating. The top half of his legs were wispy and further down they were a spreading vapor. His face was covered in a gray beard. The hair upon his head was gray as well. He wore a grayish tan robe with the bottom turning into vapor near the tip of his knee caps. He slowly stuck his hand out towards me, open palmed. I stared at it and understood. Stay. I needed to stay in Eldritch and see if they would allow me to be their soldier. Without me even gesturing the figure nodded and dissipated into thin air.

I woke up in a sitting position with a bag over my head and my arms bound to, presumably, a chair I was sitting on. I had not remembered falling asleep. Had the figure of a man just been a dream? I didn’t think it was but it had to have been. How else would have I had woken up like this?

“Take it off” said a familiar voice.

The bag was removed from my head almost instantaneously and I immediately shut my eyes from how bright the room was. After some very hasty adjustment I found out I was in a small room of stone brick. As I had guessed I was bound to a chair, except, this chair was at a table. Across from me sat Skuhoo. A strange thing caught my eye. I had never quite realized so much until now but Skuhoo was incredibly bald. I did my best to restrain myself from smiling at the thought of the most feared and strong warrior on Loka having no hair.

On the table in front of Skuhoo was his * ST * M9 Bayonet : Doppler a famous sword that had tasted the blood and death of it’s enemies nearly one thousand times. The blade itself had a sapphire blue tint to it. It shimmered with the enchantments imbued upon it. Merely looking at it reminded me of all the times I had fallen upon it in battle.

“Have you finished taking in your surroundings?” questioned Skuhoo. I nodded in response. “Good,” he said, “because you are going to do everything I tell you to do.” My eyes widened and I opened my mouth to speak but he cut me off. “It is in your best interest to not attempt to argue with me as you do not appear to be in a situation to negotiate.” I closed my mouth and awaited instructions. “That’s more like it” he said with a grin. “Now then here’s what you need to do…”

Steve5729

Slicer
Lost, but on Purpose Volume 2 Part IV: Initiation
Skuhoo continued, “The City of Silverhand has requested fighters, you’re not much but you’ll be another body on the battlefield which always is useful. Mrpisquallie and I will meet at Aladra. When he’s thought about whether or not he wants you he’ll come here to escort you to Kalros. Until then I need proof of your loyalty. There are a couple things I’d like you to do for me.”

“What do you want me to do?” I inquired.

“Well if I were to send you to Kalros without knowing your loyalty then that’d be stupid of me. There is a fight in hour against Byzantium. This fight could cost us a valuable territory one that pacifies the monsters of Loka. I expect your help.” He got up and went to exit the room then turned his head and spoke over his shoulder. “Well are you coming or not?”

I got up and followed. We walked through the Eldritch cathedral in it’s full beauty. We went down a staircase into an armory. Kallious, Bat and several others that I only recognized by their face were there.

“Who's the kid Sku?” asked one

“He looks like a scam.” said another.

“He’s new.” said Sku. “Suit him up he’ll be fighting today.” He leaned over to Kallious and whispered something. Kallious nodded and whispered something back. Sku turned to another fighter with a cutlass by his side and a pirate’s hat on his head. “Gibby suit him up.”

Gibbon moaned. “Can’t you make Borne do it?”

“I could but I won’t now hurry up we’re wasting our prep time.”

Gibbon rolled his eyes and strode over to me. “C’mon kid let’s go.” I followed him into a separate room and over to a wall covered in weapons. “Pick one.” He said then wandered out of the room. I scanned the wall. There were so many options. Claymores, broadswords, rapiers, daggers and more. I perused through them all trying my hand at each. I settled on a short sword one I could use quickly and easily. “Oh good you’ve chosen,” said Gibbon coming back. “Here it’s a one size fits all.” he said dropping a set of armor on top of me. I put it on buckling a belt around myself to hold it all in place. “Good now come with me and we’ll mark your sword.”

“Mark my sword?” I asked with curiosity.

“Give it a name to identify it as your own. Follow me.” He turned and I followed. We arrived at an anvil back in the main armory. “Here.” he said handing me a quill. “Give it a name.” I took the quill and pondered a name. I thought for a bit. Back Stabber. This blade would be the embodiment of my betrayal.

I turned back to Gibbon and returned the quill. “Thank you.” suddenly green orbs flew around me. They spiraled in a pattern and landed on the words I had written on the blade. It shimmered its name in a bright red along the cool blue of the diamond it was forged of.

“Ah I see he’s ready.” said Skuhoo appearing behind us.

“Not quite.” stated Gibbon. “He still needs to be initiated.”

“I see. Allow me.” Skuhoo reached forward to me with a book in his hand. “Pray upon this book and become one of the Church of Eldritch then we shall accept you as one of us.” I reached out and placed my hand on the book. I gave a silent prayer. One that would end my self conflict. White particles flew around me getting faster and faster and faster suddenly they flashed green and stopped. Sku smiled at me. “Welcome.” he said.

Steve5729

Slicer
Lost, but on Purpose Volume 2 Part V: Nearly time.

“Now then” Sku continued. Grab a set of potions and go to the reins beacons at Aladra. Both sides have already called reinforcements. You’ll be warping for us from there so as not to lock your allegiance to us when you’re needed up north.

“Yes sir,” I said hastily as I loaded potions into leather straps of my armor, specially made for the holding of bottles.

“Oh and trust me, try anything funny this fight and I’ll know.”

“Yes sir,” I said this time much slower. The statement had somewhat unnerved me but this was no time to be unnerved. I put the idea in the back of my head for later and focused on how many bottles of fire resistance I should cram into an enderchest.

Suddenly a bell started ringing throughout the war room. “Five minutes to battle! Repeat, Five minutes to battle!” it as Bat, standing on top of a crate, likely full of steak, ringing a bell and yelling. That’s when I realized that Sku had never shown me a way back to Aladra. I panicked and started frantically looking around for it.

“Hey kid.” someone said from behind me. I turned around to look, it was a soldier I didn’t recognize. “Sku told me the what’s up, get to Aladra.”

“Um... Sku never showed me where the portal is sir.” I said back sheepishly.

The man sighed. “Just like Sku to put me on babysitting,” he grumbled. “Right behind the beacon, throw a pearl through the slab. Now get a move on.”

“Yes sir, thank you, sir.” I said and rushed to the beacon.

A hand caught me on the back of my shirt as I rushed forward, right before I threw my pearl. “Calm down Steve.” it was Sku. I wondered how he always appeared at the right moments. “Don’t lose your head now, save it for when you die in battle.” he reminded me in a joking tone.

“Sorry sir. I just need to get to Aladra before-”

“I know, two minutes left but for a Territory Generators sake stop apologizing so much.”

“Sorry sir.”

“What did I literally just tell you? And also stop calling me sir. You can call me Sku like everyone else.”

“Sor- Ok Sku.” I stammered back.

“Better, now stop wasting time and go to Aladra”

I didn’t hesitate and threw my pearl immediately. As soon as I dropped into the center of Aladra I did a 180 and ran to the reins beacons. I could hear the high pitched whirring of the beacons charging. I saw the purple lights swirling to warp the players. I slammed the button on the defense side. The light started around my feet and I knew I had made it. Suddenly time felt like it was holding still. I looked at who I was warping with. Asymphir of Auru, Adzy, formerly of Cincia, now of SIlverhand and MrPisquallie, Ruler of Silverhand and Kalros. My legs shook. I was about to warp to a battle with old enemies. I prayed they didn’t recognize me. Time moved again and lighting zapped me away, into the battlefield

Last edited:
Back