Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Lost, but on purpose.

Do you want to read more?

• Yes

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Heck Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 100% Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No (JK Yes)

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Steve5729

Slicer
The battlefield was an entirely new mess I would have to deal with. There was snow everywhere making maneuvering difficult. The terrain also consisted of a small area in between several mountains, too small to be called a valley. As soon as I warped in arrows were already flying everywhere. I noticed a small dug out spot in the side of the mountain. I jumped in and hid for cover. I noticed sku firing a bow from on top of the T-gen still glancing at me and I realized I was being cowardly. I had not brought a bow into the battle as I feel as my aim is horrible and it isn’t worth the extra weight.

Suddenly an Idea struck me. I guzzled down my potions of speed strength and fire resistance. I then looked out from the cave and saw the enemies were splitting up for better angles to shoot from, perfect. I grabbed and ender pearl from my belt of items and flung it at a soldier off on his own.

I landed right in front of him and caught him off guard. He quickly tried to drink a potion but I hit him right in the leg. By now several other enemies had noticed me and were coming in my direction one with an orange feather in his helmet leading the charge. I abandoned my attack on the already wounded soldier and pulled away. The orange feathered soldier pursued me, just as I had planned. I ran back to our t-gen and saw Mrpisquallie firing arrows at the enemy. I bolted right for him and he saw me coming. He drew his sword and I immediately turned around, mine drawn as well.

What happened next was a blur of swords swinging. He blocked my attack from above but took one to the leg from MrP. He fell to the floor and I stabbed my blade right into his back. His body didn’t move and he dissipated back to Aladra.

“Advance!” I heard Skuhoo yell from across the battlefield. I raised my sword and ran straight into the enemy. Swords were whirling everywhere. I lashed my sword into the storm too. I noticed that several enemies were falling. We were quickly able to push them back to the inhibitor. Purple lights started flashing in a circle around the inhibitor and enemy protectors flashed into existence. We managed to down several of them and use their energy to destroy some of the lamps placed on each side of the inhibitor. Suddenly a whirlwind of white dust span around the center of the inhibitor and Byzantium teleported into the fight. I was blasted back by the power of the warp. Unfortunately I was sent far behind the inhibitor. I bombarded by arrows from enemies that spotted me and pain rang out in any area where arrows had pierced my skin.

A bright white light flashed and it became all I could see. My ears started ringing and it got louder and louder. Suddenly I was dropped into the middle of Aladra. I had died. I heard a war horn sound in the distance. We had won. I stood up and watched as the remaining living soldiers were warped back one by one. I felt victorious, it felt good.

SnowyHarDZ1

The battlefield was an entirely new mess I would have to deal with. There was snow everywhere making maneuvering difficult. The terrain also consisted of a small area in between several mountains, too small to be called a valley. As soon as I warped in arrows were already flying everywhere. I noticed a small dug out spot in the side of the mountain. I jumped in and hid for cover. I noticed sku firing a bow from on top of the T-gen still glancing at me and I realized I was being cowardly. I had not brought a bow into the battle as I feel as my aim is horrible and it isn’t worth the extra weight.

Suddenly an Idea struck me. I guzzled down my potions of speed strength and fire resistance. I then looked out from the cave and saw the enemies were splitting up for better angles to shoot from, perfect. I grabbed and ender pearl from my belt of items and flung it at a soldier off on his own.

I landed right in front of him and caught him off guard. He quickly tried to drink a potion but I hit him right in the leg. By now several other enemies had noticed me and were coming in my direction one with an orange feather in his helmet leading the charge. I abandoned my attack on the already wounded soldier and pulled away. The orange feathered soldier pursued me, just as I had planned. I ran back to our t-gen and saw Mrpisquallie firing arrows at the enemy. I bolted right for him and he saw me coming. He drew his sword and I immediately turned around, mine drawn as well.

What happened next was a blur of swords swinging. He blocked my attack from above but took one to the leg from MrP. He fell to the floor and I stabbed my blade right into his back. His body didn’t move and he dissipated back to Aladra.

“Advance!” I heard Skuhoo yell from across the battlefield. I raised my sword and ran straight into the enemy. Swords were whirling everywhere. I lashed my sword into the storm too. I noticed that several enemies were falling. We were quickly able to push them back to the inhibitor. Purple lights started flashing in a circle around the inhibitor and enemy protectors flashed into existence. We managed to down several of them and use their energy to destroy some of the lamps placed on each side of the inhibitor. Suddenly a whirlwind of white dust span around the center of the inhibitor and Byzantium teleported into the fight. I was blasted back by the power of the warp. Unfortunately I was sent far behind the inhibitor. I bombarded by arrows from enemies that spotted me and pain rang out in any area where arrows had pierced my skin.

A bright white light flashed and it became all I could see. My ears started ringing and it got louder and louder. Suddenly I was dropped into the middle of Aladra. I had died. I heard a war horn sound in the distance. We had won. I stood up and watched as the remaining living soldiers were warped back one by one. I felt victorious, it felt good.
This is really good but it would've been better if Sinyphus made a special appearance hehe

Steve5729

Slicer
Lost, but on Purpose Volume 2 Part VII: Away again.

“Great job out there today boys!” shouted Sku. We had gathered for an after fight talk and in the great Eldritch cathedral. Ascalonian eggnog had been passed out. I had never had such a good drink in my life.

The crowd raised their bottles high and let out a resounding “Huzzah!” then there was silence as everyone took an extremely large chug from their bottles. People then started to bustle about and chat with one another. I suddenly felt awkward as I had no one to talk to. I sat on one of the pews and tried to enjoy my eggnog without drawing too much attention to myself.

I couldn’t help it. I looked around to see who else was in the room. In the very first row of pews Skuhoo and MrPisquallie where talking together. A large man with yellow feathers protruding from his armor and a absolutely massive battle axe slung over his shoulder was standing behind MrPisquallie. I stared for several seconds at the sheer size of his weapon.

Next, a couple rows behind them were Kallious, Bat, Gibbon, Calixx, Hypnotik and the soldier that had told me to get to Aladra briefly before the battle had started. He said something and pointed over at Sku and the other three laughed.

Directly across from them sat 4 near identical men. Each wore the same set of clothes except one that wore a red metal visor over his eyes. They all had brown hair and brown eyes as well. While hard to tell from a distance I was certain that their skin colors were the exact same too. They were talking about something and one pulled out a large piece of paper and handed it to another. He looked at it then handed it right back to the other one.

In the far back Adzy had put a poster on the wall and was showing it to Xovius. It showed a highly detailed of a tree with oranges on it. Adzy was talking about it while Xovius was very blatantly trying to contain some laughter.

“Hey Steve.” A voice called from behind me. I turned around and noticed MrPisquallie and his feathered companion were facing me. “Had a bit too much to drink?”

I tried to respond with ‘No Why?’ but I ended up staring at him with a blank stare and said “Wuh?”

“We literally have been standing here for two minutes and you didn’t notice.” stated the feathered man.

“Oh I’m s-” I was cut off by MrPisquallie

“Zig it’s his first day cut him some slack.” The feathered man, Zig, nodded and took a seat across from me in the pews. “Anyways Steve that was a smart move you pulled earlier.”

“Oh thank you.” I said in a tired voice. The alcohol was dimming my senses a bit and I wasn’t exactly full of energy after the fight.

“Yeah well Sku says he’ll be fine up here so I’m here to offer you a spot on Kalros. Could use some extra fighters with the growing threat up there.”

“I think that’s what Sku wanted me to do anyways.”

“You’re right and you don’t really have much of a choice but I’d rather phrase it in a friendly way.”

“Right, in that case, I accept. When would you like me to come?”

“As soon as possible. I have to get back right now as the only reason I’m here was to pick up a fighter Sku said he had for me. Turns out it was you. This is Ziggify, or Zig, I’m leaving him here with you to make sure you don’t get lost.” He gestured to Zig. “Alright, I need to leave now so stick with Zig.” He turned and left before I even got a chance to respond.

“Alright pack your things. I’ll be waiting by the portal.” Zig said as he got up and left.

It was then that I realized I didn’t really have anything to take with me. I realized I was still wearing covenant armor and that I should return it before I depart. I walked up to Sku who was now sipping a drink alone.

“Sku would you like to me return my armor and weapon before I depart to Silverhand?” I inquired of him.

“No, keep it. We have plenty more and I you’ll make better use of it fighting in the north.” He said then took a large swig from his bottle.

“Alright Sir, thank you.” I turned to leave but he stopped me.

“Steve what did I tell you about calling me sir?”

I turned to apologize then caught myself, remembering that Sku had asked me to stop saying sorry so much too. “I’ll get it next time Sku.” I said with a cautious smile. He returned the smile then took another sip from his bottle. I walked away.

I went through a door on my left, down a spiral staircase and entered the war room. Zig was holding a whetstone and polishing his axe. When he saw me coming he pocketed the stone and slung the axe back over his shoulder. “Ready to go?’

I made sure I hadn’t forgotten anything. “Yeah, I’m ready” He turned and threw a pearl through the portal and I did the same. It was once more, time to move.

Back