Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Suggestion QOL Enhancements for Grinding

Asynchronized

Slicer
Over the past few months, the player base has exploded in numbers and the amount of potions, food and pearls being consumed has increased rapidly. The systems in place for grinding these items haven't really scaled well and it's starting to show. Everyone is broke. Nobody has anything. And we're all bored of grinding all the time. A change to grinding is required to support the ever growing playerbase. The small things that shouldn't be hard to access like food and xp are barely accessible. The XP Market, (as much as its my fault its that bad) is starting to look like its fuelled by the ever growing end ganks.Nether isn't plentiful enough for all of us at this point, especially with new towns popping up each day. With pvp moving from continent to continent and ganks being the primary form of pvp instead of conquest at the current moment, the constant grind and then to log in and see that a large amount of pots are missing cause ganker x y and z were out at end docks all day isn't fun. There a few changes I propose that would improve the Loka Grinding Experience, and lessen the burden of owning a town with active players. Grinding GP is a lot harder due to a large amount of people being on the continent at once which doesn’t exactly help either. So if your continent gets stacked or is active, its pretty much a pain to use the gp cave.

Heres a few QOL changes that would really help the enjoyability of owning a town on Loka

• Instanced Shrines, this would make grinding Nether easier with a higher amount of players grinding at once, so players aren't discouraged because player x has just gone and cleared them all out and left.
  • Instanced Glowstone and Nether Wart would be a great addition to grinding because just as I said in a forums post before, once its gone. Its gone.
  • Add Double Drops to the purchasable Conquest Point Buffs, this would let players grind in End and Nether where there are better grinding methods that yield an obviously larger amount of items. (Dreadfort Grinding for Blaze Rods is infinitely better than shrines) (Grinding Ender Pearls is completely different with DD). I know that a nerf was made to DD with the chance being lowered to 25%, but the advantage is still there and its quite apparent.
  • More End Cities to grind more shulkers, although this isn't a huge issue, but shulkers are also a incredibly large aspect of conquest and general pvp due to the damage buff and as I've said for many other resources in this thread. Once they're grinded, they're gone for a while. There is no scalability with this grinding.
  • A way to grind XP Bottles, this would be a key part to fixing the XP market on Loka, the fact is that XP shouldn't be that lucrative and how I've gotten away with selling it for that much is quite ridiculous.
  • Make gunpowder more obtainable through the buffing of spawn rates per player or the amount of gunpowder obtainable per creeper. My reasoning for this is that in active times using a GP cave is completely pointless as you don't get that many spawns.
Overall, Loka needs to scale up grinding to support it's growing playerbase and not have vital grinding be completely static and dependant on restarts or the area regenerating for there to be new items to gather.

Last edited:

jakeman5

Slicer
100% Agree! It is time to make the server less labor intensive to encourage more fights. The less difficult it is to supply fights the more fights will occur!

+1

Z3K33

+1 Huge towns like sv and others would need this a ton cus of the amount of people ganking and the stuff to get is way to slow

Lampp_

100% Agree! It is time to make the server less labor intensive to encourage more fights. The less difficult it is to supply fights the more fights will occur!
Loka grinding needs to be way less time consuming, and with the increase of players, it makes it even harder and more tedious. A change needs to be made

+1

nerdcat

+1 playing this server feels like a chore. The players that play during class are the ones who aren’t poor. Everyone else has much less time to grind.

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
Over the past few months, the player base has exploded in numbers
It has? I think you are mistaken.

Instanced Shrines, this would make grinding Nether easier with a higher amount of players grinding at once, so players aren't discouraged because player x has just gone and cleared them all out and left.
How on earth do you propose we do that? Shrines now have a short cooldown, so even if we could instance them in some way it is not going to change the limiting factor which is the size of the area and people pvping or being around shrines.

Instanced Glowstone and Nether Wart would be a great addition to grinding because just as I said in a forums post before, once its gone. Its gone.
Yes this is something we want to do at some point but the current issue is regen code not working properly. We do not have a population that requires this faster than regenerating every 3 hours.

Add Double Drops to the purchasable Conquest Point Buffs
This is something we are phasing out in ways, not something we are going to design things around.

More End Cities to grind more shulkers
We want to redo the end at some point and is not a pressing enough issue to put a placeholder/band-aid prior to that.
A way to grind XP Bottles,
While there is something we will be adding to assist in this area, it is already insanely generous with mastery level-ups and the dungeon.
Make gunpowder more obtainable
We spoke about us wanting to move away from cave grinding in the state of the server and add tiles with guaranteed high spawn rates.

Your entire argument stems from people fighting in ganks, not conquest. That is not the server's fault. You make a choice to throw away gear by dying over and over again in wilds pvp. If you are not prepared to grind for that, then too bad, this is not a kit mini game server. We have proving grounds and duels for that kind of thing. On that subject, we do plan to add some kind of more specialized pvp gank isle but items will likely still drop on death. The question is why do people like dock gank pvp and would them keeping their items take some of the fun away? If everything was easy to get and you dropped stuff then you are back to square one because nothing has value so who cares about the items that drop.

We agree grinding needs to scale with players and are making plans accordingly. We are also trying to provide multiple avenues to obtain items, so people have options to do what they find most enjoyable. As always a handful of players is never supposed to be able to support large groups, more people have to chip in. If everything is abundant, nothing has value. I feel like we end up going in circles with topics like this as some members of the community just don't get it.

Asynchronized

Slicer
It has? I think you are mistaken.

How on earth do you propose we do that? Shrines now have a short cooldown, so even if we could instance them in some way it is not going to change the limiting factor which is the size of the area and people pvping or being around shrines.

Yes this is something we want to do at some point but the current issue is regen code not working properly. We do not have a population that requires this faster than regenerating every 3 hours.

This is something we are phasing out in ways, not something we are going to design things around.

We want to redo the end at some point and is not a pressing enough issue to put a placeholder/band-aid prior to that.

While there is something we will be adding to assist in this area, it is already insanely generous with mastery level-ups and the dungeon.

We spoke about us wanting to move away from cave grinding in the state of the server and add tiles with guaranteed high spawn rates.

Your entire argument stems from people fighting in ganks, not conquest. That is not the server's fault. You make a choice to throw away gear by dying over and over again in wilds pvp. If you are not prepared to grind for that, then too bad, this is not a kit mini game server. We have proving grounds and duels for that kind of thing. On that subject, we do plan to add some kind of more specialized pvp gank isle but items will likely still drop on death. The question is why do people like dock gank pvp and would them keeping their items take some of the fun away? If everything was easy to get and you dropped stuff then you are back to square one because nothing has value so who cares about the items that drop.

We agree grinding needs to scale with players and are making plans accordingly. We are also trying to provide multiple avenues to obtain items, so people have options to do what they find most enjoyable. As always a handful of players is never supposed to be able to support large groups, more people have to chip in. If everything is abundant, nothing has value. I feel like we end up going in circles with topics like this as some members of the community just don't get it.
My entire argument stems from ganks because its the primary form of pvp, and it was never about the sets. Sets are near worthless on the server. Potions is my main issue here, its crazy to think pots are more valuable than sets sometimes. It takes near to no grinding to make sets but there is so many factors and resources required to brew. I don’t even attend the constant end ganks but im affected by the fact I have to drop the thing I was doing to go grind brewing mats and brew. (maybe i was right to ban ganking in wastia, maybe this goes away if i do that again). Items dropping isn’t a problem to me and never has been since I’m usually careful on my trips to red tag areas.

Its not about the sets mag, its about the potions, and the constant grind to keep them around.

SilentStormSix

Sentry
There should not be an incredibly huge monopoly on xp on the market, if your town is high enough level where you can't easily level something up, you can't get xp from that either, and with the dungeon, it produces ok but not nearly enough for some people

Asynchronized

Slicer
Wasn't conquest the primary form of PVP?!
Conquest Fights last for 60 minutes and there might be a few, but ganks are pretty much non stop for pretty much all day. So i would say it happens more than conquest, and it surely does burn through more pots on average.

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
There should not be an incredibly huge monopoly on xp on the market, if your town is high enough level where you can't easily level something up, you can't get xp from that either, and with the dungeon, it produces ok but not nearly enough for some people
Then buy sets, they are worthless apparently. xp bottles are a luxury, sets less so.

Its not about the sets mag, its about the potions, and the constant grind to keep them around.
That is very different from what the argument appeared to be in the original post. We have made steps towards making pot mats easier to obtain with updates to shrine scaling, increased drop rates, and the addition of Nyx quests. We want to keep expanding this but are currently slightly constricted due to the number of these resources that are obtained from the nether. We can chat with the LCRs as to whether short-term solutions are required, such as multiple copies/instances of the nether isles or some kind of vendor for nether mats.

Lampp_

my personal 2 cents for the set part is If your town is old Then sets are worthless (but no one sells them lmao besides for imperial which is overpriced)
For example vinovia pretty old 6 pages of each piece with a few extra pages of bottles
but something like Sunspear a few months old and has 1/2 sets simply because xp bottles are very hard to grind for new towns so they should be grindable

Back