Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Suggestion QOL Enhancements for Grinding

Skuhoo

Administrator
Staff member
Elder
We used to have to kill mobs to enchant our stuff...

A single large XP bottle gives the same XP as 35 zombies/skeletons/creepers/spiders. A town with zero territories produces enough XP bottles for 24 level 30 enchants every day. Combined with arcanums and grindstones there is just not a reasonable argument that can be made for more accessible XP.

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
my personal 2 cents for the set part is If your town is old Then sets are worthless (but no one sells them lmao besides for imperial which is overpriced)
For example vinovia pretty old 6 pages of each piece with a few extra pages of bottles
but something like Sunspear a few months old and has 1/2 sets simply because xp bottles are very hard to grind for new towns so they should be grindable
Then you fail to understand how Loka works. New towns get huge quantities of xp from leveling, they have no need for xp bottles until they become an established town, by which point they should be swimming in sets.

TheRealJewyy

I love all the admins coming in who dont pvp nearly as much try to refute this, the fact of the matter is end ganks happen all day everyday and within the recent 6 months the server has gone from 30 players without a conq fight to around 90. Pot mats besides gold are hard to get it takes an hour with dd, looting, and like 20 people on to get a row of gp that is insane.

TheRealJewyy

Then you fail to understand how Loka works. New towns get huge quantities of xp from leveling, they have no need for xp bottles until they become an established town, by which point they should be swimming in sets.
theres something called end ganks not everyone just sits on the server grinding waiting for conquest, and sure you can make the point to not end gank but then youd lose 60 percent of your active players

SilentStormSix

Sentry

A single large XP bottle gives the same XP as 35 zombies/skeletons/creepers/spiders. A town with zero territories produces enough XP bottles for 24 level 30 enchants every day. Combined with arcanums and grindstones there is just not a reasonable argument that can be made for more accessible XP.
What if we get a thing where we can bottle the xp we get so we can save it up

Lampp_

Talking about towns who are hovering at the level 24 level who have gotten enough Pots,town levels, but have no sets due to it being you have to afk

assuming half of the enchants are p4 unb3 then you get at most 3 sets assuming there are no repeats in the armor (Keep in mind leggings & Boots are more likely then chestplate & Helmet)

Personally i think there should be a bottle get [Type of xp] [How much of which xp] Which bases itself on the level so if you are level 30 you can do /bottle get large and then how many bottles you want

Asynchronized

Slicer
What if we get a thing where we can bottle the xp we get so we can save it up
Bottle-able xp would solve the problem in a decent way, I could send my town members to grind gunpowder in the GP cave while they are also "grinding XP bottles".

This thread has sorta been derailed by the fact everyone went off on a tangent about xp and sets. If the server wants to grow and allow more players to even participate in conquest without town owners tearing their hair out about having to go grind x y and z every day for a couple hours, then grinding with more plentiful rewards has to be added. Thats all I wanted to say.

Lurnn

Slicer
i would just like to say end cities and shulkers are defo not an issue
every 30 minutes you can get about 2 rows of shulkers, thats nearly a page an hour.

pearls also are fine, overall end is pretty ok if you ask me !

otherwise the only thing that's annoying to grind is wart honestly, but even so there is solutions to this it's just not fun.

TheRealJewyy

i would just like to say end cities and shulkers are defo not an issue
every 30 minutes you can get about 2 rows of shulkers, thats nearly a page an hour.

pearls also are fine, overall end is pretty ok if you ask me !

otherwise the only thing that's annoying to grind is wart honestly, but even so there is solutions to this it's just not fun.
end cities yes pearls no it takes a round 45 minutes to get a shulker of pearls which with on eperson end ganking or active conquest fights you use in 2 days

TheRealJewyy

the promblem is most things if you wanna grind in a semi long quantity take around an hour plus to grind and this threshold should be lowerd to around an 1 and a half at most, like i dont see why with dd, looting 3 and like 30 people on it takes an hour for me to get 1 row of gp

bat3415

Staff member
Elder
end cities yes pearls no it takes a round 45 minutes to get a shulker of pearls which with on eperson end ganking or active conquest fights you use in 2 days
How quickly do you reach a shulker though with multiple people out grinding pearls? And is that pearl usage at your max or is there any attempt to conserve resources when fighting?

edit: also I can’t confirm that timeframe you gave for grinding gp, I was getting 3-4 stacks solo just while doing RI runs. That wasn’t about a month or two ago, but nothing has changed since then.

Lurnn

Slicer
This isn't true at all, it takes sub 30 minutes, and if your problem is you have a big active town then do what I, and anyone half sane does, you bring your whole tab of online players (if its so active as you claim atleast 5-8) and you get them all to spend 30 minutes and get one shulker each, you can do this every second day and I gather that you'll be fine.
the promblem is most things if you wanna grind in a semi long quantity take around an hour plus to grind and this threshold should be lowerd to around an 1 and a half at most, like i dont see why with dd, looting 3 and like 30 people on it takes an hour for me to get 1 row of gp
you don't need to do it all at once, that's your choice. Spread it out amongst people and your own schedule.

Asynchronized

Slicer
okay so like, now that we have those out of the way and those "aren't a problem". what IS a problem for everyone here? cause brewing mats seem to be the biggest issue for everyone

Lurnn

Slicer
okay so like, now that we have those out of the way and those "aren't a problem". what IS a problem for everyone here? cause brewing mats seem to be the biggest issue for everyone
otherwise the only thing that's annoying to grind is wart honestly, but even so there is solutions to this it's just not fun. - grabbed that from my post above

everything else is reasonably easy to grind.

Asynchronized

Slicer
otherwise the only thing that's annoying to grind is wart honestly, but even so there is solutions to this it's just not fun. - grabbed that from my post above

everything else is reasonably easy to grind.
yeah i can agree, nether wart is a pain to grind.
my three main issues with grinding is nether wart, glowstone, and gunpowder.

Lurnn

Slicer
yeah i can agree, nether wart is a pain to grind.
my three main issues with grinding is nether wart, glowstone, and gunpowder.
I've never had an issue with GP in all my time owning a town, whether it was a 100 active town or what, I can't see how you do. Glowstone MAY be an issue since all the patches are being wiped a lot, but no one touches the roof glowstone now a days, so it's always available. and yeah warts just annoying but there is solutions

Back