Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Suggestion QOL Enhancements for Grinding

Samisol

Sentry
unfortunately people are LAZY, that might be a contributing factor to towns with 1-3 grinders being slightly broke.
Ok so idk why you guys are complaining about not having enough brewing mats when we just found the problem.

Asynchronized

Slicer
Ok so idk why you guys are complaining about not having enough brewing mats when we just found the problem.
i mean they're not LAZY, they're just not putting their time on the server into grinding. refer to this below
I honestly think that if grinding was as time-consuming as it is now but remade in some way to make it appealing, a lot more people would feel inclined to grind. The issue is now, no one would rather go drag their feet in a giant sheet of soul sand to collect maybe a row of a nether wart than go do a questline or gank at end.
thats why they dont grind

FroggyFruit1357

hmm good point there should be quests that give brewing mats... oh wait
yes let me go do my Nyx quest for nether wart, glowstone, ores, armor, tools, shulkers, ender pearls, etc.

Point is there's a very small portion of the grinding on the server covered by something somewhat less than tedious. Thinking more of ideas like this:
I think dungeons could also serve as an alternate way to get sets, found in dungeon chests or dropped from the mobs slain inside of it. I'm thinking of a super lengthy puzzle-based dungeon where you would fight bosses, and run through rooms in order to meet some sort of objective, and at the end, you could open a crate with cosmetics, extra items, or perks on the next run. Honestly might try and make a good attempt at one of these in the future sometime.

koi0001

Guardian
@FroggyFruit1357 I mean, you were on PVE you understand really cool stuff like dungeons or content takes ages to make and make sure it's fair.

I'd say we have cool grinding possibilities planned in some way for the future, but you're not going to see those for a long long time simply due to how long this stuff takes.

From the sounds of it, you guys want a fix to grinding now and wouldn't be able to wait the six months needed to make some great big content. I'd even be willing to say some of this threads participants wouldn't be here in six months.

This isn't to say you're idea is bad at all, just that I don't think it's very realistic for this problem.

Last edited:

FoxyBearGames

Guardian
@FroggyFruit1357 I mean, you were on PVE you understand really cool stuff like dungeons or content takes ages to make and make sure it's fair.

I'd say we have cool grinding possibilities planned in some way for the future, but you're not going to see those for a long long time simply due to long this stuff takes.

From the sounds of it, you guys want a fix to grinding now and wouldn't be able to wait the six months needed to make some great big content. I'd even be willing to say some of this threads participants wouldn't be here in six months.

This isn't to say you're idea is bad at all, just that I don't think it's very realistic for this problem.
I really have to second koi on these points. Making PVE content takes a lot of time and a huge amount of hours to get it right. I think the PVE team is definitely beginning to make strides in the direction of more content, however it's becoming more and more apparent how much time it would take to make another repeatable set like the Hell's Merchant, especially when trying to keep it different. Hopefully we can begin improving upon this in the future, however it's probably going to be a hot minute.

FroggyFruit1357

content takes ages to make

Making PVE content takes a lot of time and a huge amount of hours to get it right.
Yes, but the best solution is likely not the easy or quick one. Nyx quests are a really cool thing and a big step in the right direction, I think that in the long run. picking up big projects to work on outside of the end-of-year quest rush would be a great idea.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
I'm not sure I see Dungeons as a vector for Conquest Materials gathering. They're more or less meant to be mostly PvE things that stand apart from the PvP side of Loka.

koi0001

Guardian
They're more or less meant to be mostly PvE things that stand apart from the PvP side of Loka.

Might be hard to divide the two if we ever had dungeons. Definitely different things but conquest being our endgame activity it might be strange that rewards don't have an overlap.

bat3415

Staff member
Elder
i mean they're not LAZY, they're just not putting their time on the server into grinding. refer to this below

thats why they dont grind
But they’ll use all their time eating up double chests full of pots but won’t help you get any of it back, even doing a daily nyx quest or spending 10 minutes flying to the nether to get some netherwart or glowstone? Do you really still think the problem here is how available the resources are?

Samisol

Sentry
also lots of players don't teach people they recruit how to grind. can't really complain about the 30+ people in your town using all your gear and pots when you are the one that recruited them and don't ask for anything in return

TheFreshLemon

Slicer
also lots of players don't teach people they recruit how to grind. can't really complain about the 30+ people in your town using all your gear and pots when you are the one that recruited them and don't ask for anything in return
At the same time it's hard to tell them stop and go grind for an hour to get barely anything which in their eyes is boring compared to them having 10+ ganks in the same amount of time. What I don't understand is why they camp end or even end up ganking allies/friendlies instead of using that time to grind or play another game even :v

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
At the same time it's hard to tell them stop and go grind for an hour to get barely anything which in their eyes is boring compared to them having 10+ ganks in the same amount of time. What I don't understand is why they camp end or even end up ganking allies/friendlies instead of using that time to grind or play another game even :v

Because it's fun. It's completely understandable to want to pvp and not grind, but it's not understandable to expect that you should be able to power this with limited effort or people. There has to be a balancing act and largely that is a player problem and not a server resource/economy problem (excluding bugs).

koi0001

Guardian
Realistically, I've seen towns (a long long time ago) actually tell players to be responsible for their own items. Which iirc worked somewhat.

EDIT: Just to say these were sizeable towns too.

Last edited:

Asynchronized

Slicer
i had a concept a couple months ago for gank brewers but the amount of hoppers and work required just didn’t make it worthwhile. if i could partition the pots that are supposed to be for conquest to what they can gank it would be better, just so they cant eat ALL the pots, only a section.

FoxyBearGames

Guardian
i had a concept a couple months ago for gank brewers but the amount of hoppers and work required just didn’t make it worthwhile. if i could partition the pots that are supposed to be for conquest to what they can gank it would be better, just so they cant eat ALL the pots, only a section.
Brewing system that auto fills shulkers and takes in shards for payment :thonk: :sentry:

Back