Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Suggestion Removal/Nerf to KB

Melon

I appreciate the well thought-out and well written post Melon.

I'm not advocating for this change just yet but it just sounds like KB should be an ability, which means it should have a cooldown. The ability to spam kb in a 360 and successfully punch everybody you touch back in short order is, to me, the big problem with KB. Having a big kb ability isn't bad by itself, but the fact that it is infinitely usable is the gameplay element that is, frankly, wrong. If you need to create space, you should have to consider when to use that ability just the same as somebody has to consider when to use a bola on somebody.
I think that would be a fair solution, if put on a long enough cooldown. Players still retain the ability to generate space if too much pressure is put on them, but have to choose when is the best time to do this. But there is still the problem of KB being used when kiting, as when it’s used you will generally never catch them. Maybe to balance this aspect out apply slowness for a short time as well as a short pearl cd. This will give the player time to refill, but not afford them so much space as to make them unkillable when kiting.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Maybe to balance this aspect out apply slowness for a short time as well as a short pearl cd

Less is more here imo. Depends on the CD of course, but also adding pearl cd + slow is a nerf so big i think it would kill KB entirely. In theory, KB and Bola should be roughly similar abilities to use such that in a kiting scenario, it can come down to who uses their ability better. At the same time though, I don't know if kiting is meant to be something that should be impossible.

Melon

Less is more here imo. Depends on the CD of course, but also adding pearl cd + slow is a nerf so big i think it would kill KB entirely. In theory, KB and Bola should be roughly similar abilities to use such that in a kiting scenario, it can come down to who uses their ability better. At the same time though, I don't know if kiting is meant to be something that should be impossible.
Yeah it might be a bit much, but kiting is already ridiculously easy in Minecraft. Combining KB with this gives no way to catch someone unless you have an entire group chasing them, and even then it can be tough lol. A player can survive being hit by a webbed bola, but once you are hit by KB it is typically impossible to catch back up with them unless they seriously mess up.

ThePigGang

Guardian
Honestly conquest is so dead it doesn’t even matter anymore
yea conquest is lowk dry af
Historically speaking this usually happens when all the half-decent people on the server are allied with each other which seems to be the case after some /finds. Disband and fight each other. The contrary is you wait for new blood to join the server and fight against you which is unlikely.

Lurnn

Slicer
+1

imo this whole situation is comparable (but in a very different sense) to that of debuffs, at first it was okay if you got splashed fair enough drink milk rebuff move on, it takes a bit of skill,
At first with KB people just used it to boost, nothing more really, it was seen as BM (Bad manner) to use it just to spam people away and you'd just be labelled as bad or annoying, made pvp boring so people didn't do it,
Then comes a change (for debuffs first) crossbows! it became too easy and too unreasonable to not take advantage of it, everyone else was why wouldn't you! if you can't beat them join them, introduce DBR: no one cares or uses them now and the game is overall more fun
For KB something obviously needs to be introduced, it's become unfun, normalised and overused, my last experiece playing lokamc conquest was not fun due to this trend just coming over the horizon and begining (this was all the way last year I haven't played a conquest fight in 2023!) so I empathise with those who have had to deal with KB in this past year.

Charges are the only issue to this obviously but adding a cooldown is the right element, afterall not everyone would have the cooldown and could just add a cool team element back to conquest with needing multiple defenders to knock a charge!

I unfortunately don't have the time to read all the other responses so sorry if I'm repeating something already stated a dozen times, I read the OP and a few recent responses.

Props to Melon for writing it all up

Blissterz

+1 Conquest fights have become extremely boring because of all the KB spammers. There is definitely room for a cooldown.

Last edited:
Back