Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Suggestion I feel like Loka would be improved by having Tinkers Construct.

Xavendeir

Alright. We all know what Tinkers Construct is right? I feel like having a separate, optional Loka server with TC would greatly improve a lot of areas of Loka.

To start, I feel like it would improve weapon sales, due to the vast variety of weapons available, it would improve weapon sales, as the weapons chest is currently a little stale, there's a lot of the same weapons, and not much to choose from.

It would also make it easier for newcomers to gather large amounts of materials rather quickly, allowing them to build themselves up much easier, while at the same time, making it easier for larger towns to provide their members with gear to do a certain job more efficiently, like mining or woodcutting.

In addition, it would also make PVP a lot more varied, due to the large variety of weapon types and abilities, it would make combat less of "how fast can you click?" and more "how should I fight this weapon type?" Which, I don't know about you, feels much more interesting.

I would greatly appreciate it if the following ideas would be taken into consideration. Thanks for reading, and if you have any other ideas or criticisms, I encourage you to post them in the comments.

Thanks for reading!

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
We don't have a big enough player base to split them into two servers. One with and one without mods. However if there are specific parts of the mod you think would be amazing in loka let us know what and its possible we can create are own version of it.

Xavendeir

[QUOTE="However if there are specfic parts of the mod you think would be amazing in loka let us know what and its possible we can create are own version of it.[/QUOTE]

Alright. The most important part of having TC, I feel, would be the variety of weapons and tools. Having certain tools that do things like chop down whole trees at a time, mine stone in a 3x3 area, and so on, (including all the fun weapon ablilites) makes getting a start on Loka much easier, while also allowing towns to gather essential resources easier and more efficiently.

Personally, I'd love to see a similar system added to Loka. It would make it even more unique and attractive to new players, and make the game a whole lot more interesting.

Hornedbaron

Slicer
chop down whole trees at a time, mine stone in a 3x3 area
Personally, I don't believe that either of the features you mentioned would bring anything to Loka. I've been around for long enough to know that Loka should not become a place where getting resources is any easier than it is already. I think there is something extremely rewarding and satisfying about building giant projects which were the result of a lot of hard work, the project that comes to mind is the late Albion from a previous world. It was an incredibly huge undertaking which was the result of hours of work from the miners and builders, but it wouldn't have felt the same if we had mined it all using picks which could get a 3x3 area for each block mined. Also, on a side note, I could see it being a bit broken with the current eff V combined with a beacon which already lets you instant mine blocks. I understand these aren't the only features you might want seen, but for me, these would just ruin the experience. Although it may attract new players, and recently the Admins have been doing a lot to try and solidify the player base, I don't think this is what Loka is about. Perhaps there is a way Crypt could code some interesting tool modifications, but it'd need a lot of balancing in my opinion. Anyway, that's just my honest thoughts.

DualBall

Kind of agree with Mag and Baron on this one. Believe me, I love TC as much as the next guy, but I don't think it's a good fit for this particular server. Still a good shout though, and I would like to see some special tool modifications in the future!

Xavendeir

Personally, I don't believe that either of the features you mentioned would bring anything to Loka. I've been around for long enough to know that Loka should not become a place where getting resources is any easier than it is already. I think there is something extremely rewarding and satisfying about building giant projects which were the result of a lot of hard work, the project that comes to mind is the late Albion from a previous world. It was an incredibly huge undertaking which was the result of hours of work from the miners and builders, but it wouldn't have felt the same if we had mined it all using picks which could get a 3x3 area for each block mined. Also, on a side note, I could see it being a bit broken with the current eff V combined with a beacon which already lets you instant mine blocks. I understand these aren't the only features you might want seen, but for me, these would just ruin the experience. Although it may attract new players, and recently the Admins have been doing a lot to try and solidify the player base, I don't think this is what Loka is about. Perhaps there is a way Crypt could code some interesting tool modifications, but it'd need a lot of balancing in my opinion. Anyway, that's just my honest thoughts.

I didn't really think about it that way. Yeah, I guess it would be a bit broken. Make no mistake, I love Loka how it is, I just thought, If there was anything about it I would change, it would be something like that. Though, I guess only TC-like weapon customization.

agorednocit

Slicer
2016-03-08_21.38.25.png
I didn't really think about it that way. Yeah, I guess it would be a bit broken. Make no mistake, I love Loka how it is, I just thought, If there was anything about it I would change, it would be something like that. Though, I guess only TC-like weapon customization.
There are actually a few custom weapons that you can get from killing the Horseman boss. "The Great Sword of the Horseman" and "The Crown of the King"

Wolfegger

Slicer
I also got a sword drop from a capital guard (had the speed and health bonuses, but lesser enchants than the Horseman sword).

Back