Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Loka 2.0 | The New World

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Yes we will be removing gapples. Ender pearls will remain disabled in foreign towns, so I don't think we'll be doing anything involving a cooldown with them.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Ocean Towns
Going your own way

A small update on Ocean Towns. There's been so much data recently I don't even remember what I've said but whatever we have or haven't said about this in the past, ocean towns will be allowed with some caveats. Ocean Towns are meant to be isolationist. Basically you're a pirate if you want to be. Ocean Towns hold no allegiance and do not participate in the greater territory battles that land-lubbers engage in. You're choosing a slightly more cut-off lifestyle by choosing a life at sea. The following are the restrictions of founding a town in the Wild Seas:
  • Ocean Town Generators must be built on the surface of the water or above (64y+). This is because Ocean Towns can still be sieged (whatever that someday means).
  • Ocean Towns cannot participate in Conquest. I'm sure people just love fighting on floating TGen platforms and whatnot, but it's all just too silly!
  • Ocean Towns cannot form Alliances. As of right now they cannot ally with anybody, but that could change in the future. Rumors of an alliance of the seas shouldn't be ruled out.
  • Ocean Towns cannot vote for Capital. They care not about who is Capital. As such, Continental policies chosen by the Capital of that Continent do not affect Ocean Towns.
Subject to change as always.

Go Forth!

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Get to know your Continent!
What you need to know to stay in school

Of course you all know that resources in the world are specific to both biomes and continents. For the most, we're leaving the discovery of "what's where" as an exercise for the player. However, there are some things we feel are important enough that you guys oughta know so you don't make a town and then find out you've made a huge mistake.

It's not much that we're revealing here, but here's what we feel you should know:
  • Cows can only be found in the West continent.
  • Sheep can only be found in the North continent.
  • Pigs can only be found in the South continent.
  • Emerald Ore can only be found in the North
  • Sugar Cane can only be found and farmed in river biomes. You will not be able to grow your own sugar cane unless you're doing so in a river biome. There are rivers in all three continents, of course, so choose wisely if having a supply of sugar cane is important to you.

Go Forth!

Zor95

Slicer
What about food crops? Seems important to me to know whether I can sustain myself before I settle.

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
Both wheat and Oak trees can be grown anywhere so you will always have a source of wood and food wherever you are. Some biomes will of course come with the benefit of being able to grow more than just these two basic resources.

All seeds will be available yes but they can only be grown in specific biomes.

Wolfegger

Slicer
Will there be slime chunks (not asking you to tell me where slimes can be found, mind you--just if slime chunks will be all over the place).

Hypotemabus

Slicer
A few questions. I assume pumpkins and melons will only grown in their cosponsoring biomes. But which biomes does that include for pumpkins? Also will potatoes, Carrots and the new Beetroot come 1.9 only have specific biomes in which they can grow?

Last edited:

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
A few questions. I assume pumpkins and melons will only grown in their cosponsoring biomes. However will potatoes, Carrots and the new Beetroot come 1.9 only have specific biomes in which they can grow?
Yes all of those foods will be unique to certain biomes. In most cases there are more than one biome that can grow them though.

gabrosen

Slicer
A few questions. I assume pumpkins and melons will only grown in their cosponsoring biomes. But which biomes does that include for pumpkins? Also will potatoes, Carrots and the new Beetroot come 1.9 only have specific biomes in which they can grow?
that's a interesting question.

gabrosen

Slicer
Get to know your Continent!
What you need to know to stay in school

Of course you all know that resources in the world are specific to both biomes and continents. For the most, we're leaving the discovery of "what's where" as an exercise for the player. However, there are some things we feel are important enough that you guys oughta know so you don't make a town and then find out you've made a huge mistake.

It's not much that we're revealing here, but here's what we feel you should know:
  • Cows can only be found in the West continent.
  • Sheep can only be found in the North continent.
  • Pigs can only be found in the South continent.
  • Emerald Ore can only be found in the North
  • Sugar Cane can only be found and farmed in river biomes. You will not be able to grow your own sugar cane unless you're doing so in a river biome. There are rivers in all three continents, of course, so choose wisely if having a supply of sugar cane is important to you.

Go Forth!
Wait so if emerald ore can only be found in the northern continent, what will the towns run on?
something different from emeralds, or just emeralds (but it just being harder too find)

Back