Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Loka 2.0 | The New World

Zor95

Slicer
Yeah it's really no problem at all. I have a single strip mine that I've used for the past year to fund my maxed generator almost entirely by myself. That comes out to about 70 stacks of diamonds. And that's just a single strip mine that is by no means exhausted yet. We'll be fine.

Although this does raise a question about dark room mob spawners. With no caves to light up these will be extremely efficient now. How do you feel about that Crypt?

Also not sure how mines became mimes in my previous post.

agorednocit

Slicer
I'm not trying to complain, I want to know what to be ready for. I've been planning for a new town in single player ever since I got tired of Haven, and the materials I used are found in a wide variety of biomes. I definitely jumped the gun when I thought the world might reset. I'm wondering if I should overhaul my building style in exchange for a more modest and practical one. It would be appreciated if a list on where to find different resources was released.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Although this does raise a question about dark room mob spawners. With no caves to light up these will be extremely efficient now. How do you feel about that Crypt?

If it's an auto-killer, probably not too concerned because mobs go away pretty soon after spawning. We'll just have to keep an eye on it.

I'm not trying to complain, I want to know what to be ready for. I've been planning for a new town in single player ever since I got tired of Haven, and the materials I used are found in a wide variety of biomes. I definitely jumped the gun when I thought the world might reset. I'm wondering if I should overhaul my building style in exchange for a more modest and practical one. It would be appreciated if a list on where to find different resources was released.

Once we finalize that list, we'll publish it

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
We haven't quite finalized a list of what items can be transferred yet, but suffice it to say, put anything you want transferred in your Ender Chest.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Counumn.jpg

Wolfegger

Slicer
Okay. I'm back from vacation. You can start the new world now (ha). Those are beautiful pictures, Cryptite. I was just at the Sleeping
Bear Dunes in Michigan, and the work you all are doing rivals that RL natural beauty.

EastBowmen

Slicer
So after being away for multiple weeks I'm finally back and I've got a question after reading all of this. Will I be able to bring my sword that has around 100 kills on it to the new world? It has a lot of value to me and I was hoping I could bring it over with me.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
So after being away for multiple weeks I'm finally back and I've got a question after reading all of this. Will I be able to bring my sword that has around 100 kills on it to the new world? It has a lot of value to me and I was hoping I could bring it over with me.

Unfortunately, no. I'm sure you'll rack up 100+ kills on a new one in the new world anyway. There'll be lots more folks who need a little less blood in them, I think :)

Ronshaud

Slicer
Nope, nor dungeons (no spawners). We intend to hander spawners differently; through PvE content.
I hope we can hit the mobs once again... I didn't really like the whole waiting and adding a chest next to the spawned to generate loot.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
I didn't really like the whole waiting and adding a chest next to the spawned to generate loot.

That will remain. By handling spawners differently, I mean handling how to acquire spawners. The current behavior of automatic loot generation and AOE XP distribution will remain as it helps tremendously with server load.

Ronshaud

Slicer
That will remain. By handling spawners differently, I mean handling how to acquire spawners. The current behavior of automatic loot generation and AOE XP distribution will remain as it helps tremendously with server load.
Oh, well if it's to reduce lag, then never mind; I'm all for it.

turtlemaster01

Slicer
Do we have a release date yet? but keep up the great work I look forward to starting fresh cause I joined mind way through and the server pvp was gone and I got bored.

Leasaur

Slicer
please do the world change event on a friday or saturday you have no idea how devastated I will be if you do not do this

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Time for more updates! Please read the OP if you haven't yet.

Town Annexation
We're changing how this works. Instead of just plopping TGens over another town, annexing a town will require that you siege it first. However, until such time as we figure out and implement the Town Sieging system, it will not be available upon the New World's launch. We'll keep you posted, but it made more sense that actually attacking/sieging a town was the means to own it, rather than just easily plopping down TGens next to it.

Item Transfer List
The following is the final list of items that you can bring over. To bring over these items, place them in your Ender Chest:
  • Unique Items - Summer Firework, Nether's Eve Wand, etc. These are effectively named items with color in their titles. This list, however excludes armor and tools (like Gladiator gear, etc)
  • Player Heads (not mob heads)
  • Bedrock
  • Spawn Eggs
  • Maps
  • Book & Quill and Written Books
The rest will be excluded. To help with this, we're implementing a handy tool shortly that, upon login, will inform you about what items in your Ender Chest are valid/invalid so you can see exactly what will make it and what won't.

Rough Seas
In order to further push our idea of Port travel getting around the world, we will be making a fairly major change to how the New World will work. In short, we will be placing each continent, spawn, and any other major islands (nether or otherwise) on separate worlds. In order to get between continents/spawn/etc, you will have two options:
  1. Take a boat via Port - Boats come and go between the various continents and spawn every few minutes, so if you get to the Port and don't see your boat, just wait, it'll be there shortly :)
  2. Take a chance in your trusty dingy! - You can attempt to sail west from the Southern continent, for example. Doing so, however, is risky. The seas are rough though and you may not wind up where you think. We'll roll a number when you try to transition between continents. You may end up on the other continent, you may end up on the old one. Either way you may not end up where you thought you were going anyway and you may even shipwreck.
The reasoning behind this is that we really want people to interact and see each other going to and fro, vising other continents or towns, etc. This increases player interaction and, you may've guessed, gives something to the raiders which we've pretty much excluded for some time now.

Additionally, having each bit of content on a separate world helps us expand the world in ways that we might otherwise be restricted by. Because of this, we're also making a big change to Spawn in that...

You cannot drop items in Spawn
You can still use the Market at spawn to sell and buy wares, but we will be turning off block dropping at spawn so that you cannot use Spawn as a guaranteed safe-haven for item trades. If you want to trade with an ally, you'll need to see them in person (on a continent) or put up your sales on the Market.

Unfortunately, No Ocean Towns
Truth be told, with so many of the systems we're implementing or will soon be implementing, having an Ocean Town will simple become too much of a rule bender. One thing we didn't like about TGens was building them over the ocean (especially how much of a pain it was). In the new world, a TGen cannot be built in the ocean. You can build a TGen next to the ocean (on the shore, for example), but its protection will not cover ocean biome; merely the shore/land bit. Because of this and the would-be issues with town protection, we will be preventing town generators from being created in the sea.

That's it for now. As always we'll keep you posted on big updates.

Last edited:
Back