Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

PLEASE READ: Major changes to Loka

Thieflord304

Slicer
How is this in any way fair now? They have 100 block protection in every direction. Crypt, at least give us something in return..such as maybe..ender pearls?

MasterAegon

Slicer
I vote for the CreeperHeal plugin as suggested by psy a long time ago. Set the respawn of blocks damaged for a small margin like 15-30 seconds. You could even re-activate creeper damage if the creeper heal plugin is installed.This would make raiding more plausible without the fear of griefing. It also requires a change in how things are done to raid (albeit only slightly) since the exit will no longer be there after the respawn time.

Jedoi

Slicer
Thieflord304 said:
How is this in any way fair now? They have 100 block protection in every direction. Crypt, at least give us something in return..such as maybe..ender pearls?
Did you really need to post my towns coords? *sighs*

MasterAegon

Slicer
MinecraftJedi127 said:
Thieflord304 said:

Well, first, no one would have known that it was yours until you went and announced it.

Secondly, how is this not a major offense?

Lazuli73

Slicer
MinecraftJedi127 said:
Thieflord304 said:

Wow, just wow. Honestly, do you really have anything better to do.

Psychedelic98

Slicer
One thing to note is that with insiders removed cannons might not need to be illegal. The argument was that "no one can get the resources to be safe when they join the server", which I disagree with. But now towns can recruit without fear of betrayal, it is unlikely that towns will be hesitant to add people now. This will give new players a chance to join towns and help the towns while they gather enough resources to go pi on their own. I still think that cannons should be replaced, but it seems like something that could use quite a bit of thought.

And lazuli, almost everyone had your towns coords already. I and several others knew you were settled there before it was brought over.

MasterAegon

Slicer
Either way, advertising coords is allowed if said coords were obtained legally.

Being a troll wasn't covered in the manual so I've got nothin' for that.

Zor95

Slicer
Here's the exact post from the thread asking the same question

Cryptite said:
I'm not sure I totally recall the Zor post scenario but he may've been a guardian at the time, in which case it would've been taboo for him to be posting coords (if they were of towns or something). It may've also just been off-topic or something as well.

Like mop said, coords for player towns don't really have a big place on the forums unless you yourself are wanting to advertise for a place to meet or you just feel inclined to tell everyone where your town is.

Make what you will from that.

Jedoi

Slicer
So I know which of the three people who know where we are told someone. D:< And it can't have been Crypt or Joce.

Lazuli73

Slicer
I don't care anymore, at some point they would find Dellsmite, sooner or later they would, there is no beating around the bush.

Psychedelic98

Slicer
I knew where you were before the town was moved over. The ice spikes near you was the first 1.7 biome I found. Some people asked me for ice spikes coords so I shared them before I realized you had settled there. It was brought to my attention by one of the people that I shared coords with that you were there.

Gudbrandr

Slicer
I'd wager that the "no insiders/infiltrators" clause will be revoked before March when the major personalities of the server start leaving. Although I agree with no new member infiltrators (meaning no using multiple accounts (which was already dis-allowed after the kingjarden incident)), town owners can now trust anyone without repercussions. Espionage is now eliminated, along with planting thieves. That being said, warfare is now limited to no-man's land unless a town owner is dumb enough to leave his doors open. This is very bad.

Thieflord304

Slicer
Gudbrandr said:
I'd wager that the "no insiders/infiltrators" clause will be revoked before March when the major personalities of the server start leaving. Although I agree with no new member infiltrators (meaning no using multiple accounts (which was already dis-allowed after the kingjarden incident)), town owners can now trust anyone without repercussions. Espionage is now eliminated, along with planting thieves. That being said, warfare is now limited to no-man's land unless a town owner is dumb enough to leave his doors open. This is very bad.
Thank you, someone with some sense around here.

Psychedelic98

Slicer
Gudbrandr said:
I disagree with you here. Insiders are very powerful, and with them towns are hesitant to recruit new members. For the most part, towns stay the same size, and have the same people as a result of this. As someone who has used quite a bit of both insiders and This is the one really preventing growth.
There are times that cannons can't be used. Whether it be objects in the way, too far, too deep, obsidian, or liquids, there's plenty of ways to stop a tnt. The only ways to stop insiders is to not recruit. I understand this one, and I don't really disagree with Crypt's decision. Even thieves can now recruit more freely, without worry of betrayal.
Removing cannons is an excellent long term goal, but doing it when insiders are removed is not a good idea. Cannons need a replacement, something that doesn't destroy builds. Master mentioned creeperheal, but I think something unique to loka would be great.
In the meantime, however, cannons should be allowed. From an anonymous source who has used many cannons and recruited many insiders, 95% of the loot was cannoAs it is raiders can only target the weakest towns, so the changes have the exact opposite of the intended effect. I'm sure that we can all agree that raiders should target the wealthy over the poor, hell I'd love for someone to try to come after me sometime.

Back