Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

PLEASE READ: Major changes to Loka

Jedoi

Slicer
Gudbrandr said:
MinecraftJedi127 said:
Personality?
Yes, personalities. The people who make the server interesting.

Other people besides the raiders make Loka interesting. In fact.... Nevermind. If you have nothing nice to say say nothing at all.

Jedoi

Slicer
MinecraftJedi127 said:
Gudbrandr said:
MinecraftJedi127 said:
Personality?
Yes, personalities. The people who make the server interesting.

Other people besides the raiders make Loka interesting. In fact.... Nevermind. If you have nothing nice to say say nothing at all.
What I mean is, I find raiding interest-less. RP and towns are the interest, well, in my eyes. I guess it depends on what one considers interesting. Nevermind. :)

Gudbrandr

Slicer
MinecraftJedi127 said:
MinecraftJedi127 said:
What I mean is, I find raiding interest-less. RP and towns are the interest, well, in my eyes. I guess it depends on what one considers interesting. Nevermind. :)
You wouldn't understand, you weren't here for the bulk of the War of the Third Age, which was a time of rapid expansion in Loka. It is the cause for a lot of our rules today. It created new towns, alliances, enemies, etc.

Jedoi

Slicer
Gudbrandr said:
You wouldn't understand,
Please never tell me I wouldn't understand. I have heard that line to many times in my life. I understand more then people seem to think.

MasterAegon

Slicer
Now now, there's no need for bickering. If you have something to discuss or suggest regarding the topic then do so. Otherwise, try not to shed blood.

I thought of another suggestion, however. What if gunpowder was adjusted to be such a rare drop that it was more valuable than diamonds (to those that want TNT.) Confiscate all TNT and powder currently in circulation, change the drop % of the powder and allow cannons again. Then when someone can actually use a cannon it sure as hell better be worth it.

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
Problem with that is gunpowder is required for potions and possibly other crafting recipes in the future.

JocelynReed

Slicer
FYI raiders who use cannons invest more on the raid then they gain already. 90% of raids yield junk, but that remaining 10% makes it with it.

Psychedelic98

Slicer
JocelynReed said:
FYI raiders who use cannons invest more on the raid then they gain already. 90% of raids yield junk, but that remaining 10% makes it with it.
This is so true. The going rate for tnt is already 9 diamonds a stack, it's rarely worthwhile to cannon. Most of my raids don't even use them. I once used 15 stacks to make an underground tunnel to a room that I found out was stocked with little more than a few potions. Actually twice, and those aren't my only raids that I was at a loss.

MasterAegon

Slicer
Psychedelic98 said:
JocelynReed said:
This is so true. The going rate for tnt is already 9 diamonds a stack, it's rarely worthwhile to cannon. Most of my raids don't even use them. I once used 15 stacks to make an underground tunnel to a room that I found out was stocked with little more than a few potions. Actually twice, and those aren't my only raids that I was at a loss.

and this is the point of making TNT so costly. Either you have the intel you need to use the TNT or you waste a huge amount of resources for nothing. This will effectively keep TNT in play but make it a tool that you'll think twice or even three times about using.

Thieflord304

Slicer
After thinking for a while, not being able to have an insider in a town is pretty stupid, or not being able to betray a town in any way. Bubble gens were made for this EXACT reason, if you don't have one, you deserve it. I can live with the perms only in one town thing, that's agreeable, but, say someone joins a town, and they get a better offer, they should be able to take it if they want. But with these new rules, they can't at all. It's really unfair. This problem was already fixed by bubble gens, and should be fixed so we can have insiders if we so choose.

MasterAegon

Slicer
A person can take a better town offer without letting someone else in to clean them out. On top of that, taking a new town offer doesn't necessitate or constitute being an insider. It simply means you're leaving one town to join another.

Everyone knows this rule has been implemented to mitigate the problem of people forging long term friendships or relationships solely for the purpose of turning on them later. I realize that's the nature of the game but neutral parties suffer when it's not necessary. I was unaware that I NEEDED a bubble gen because everyone in my town was trusted, backed by a long history of friendship. Additionally, general storage was what got cleaned out. Why would the town's storage have limited permissions.

I still agree we should have a compromise but this mess of guise and betrayal is a plague. It's already ran a lot of good players off and will continue to do so. Raiding is an essential part of Loka. Wars an iconic part of the history. Rules still need to exist to make this fair.

Leasaur

Slicer
Wow, I go away for a week and this unholy beast happens.

Everyone, as town defenses have become more advanced, raiding has become equally, if not even more, advanced along with it. Someone will find a way to steal people's stuff that's outside of the rules. As long as the internet is full of trolls, I guarantee this will happen. Stop your squabbling.

Thieflord304

Slicer
Leasaur said:

Everyone, as town defenses have become more advanced, raiding has become equally, if not even more, advanced along with it. Someone will find a way to steal people's stuff that's outside of the rules. As long as the internet is full of trolls, I guarantee this will happen. Stop your squabbling.
As we can see here, a useless post to this thread. But in all seriousness, raiders need something back if these changes are going to stay.

Leasaur

Slicer
Thieflord304 said:
Leasaur said:

As we can see here, a useless post to this thread. But in all seriousness, raiders need something back if these changes are going to stay.

Shall I reword this? Stop arguing the same thing for seventy-four posts and try to find an IN-GAME solution instead of spamming this thing up. If Crypt, Mag and Asy decided to go back on their decision, they would have mentioned it by now. I am sure they have argued this thing enough between themselves. Scrolling through seventy-four posts and seven pages of the same argument is completely pointless.

Leasaur

Slicer
:p

Maybe on threads like OFF TOPIC, but in complaints threads it's really annoying when we've used up over five pages of replies and the argument's getting nowhere.

Back