Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

PLEASE READ: Major changes to Loka

Zor95

Slicer
But... this thread is specifically for discussing and arguing about this topic...

Gudbrandr

Slicer
I am in the process of writing revisions for the infiltrator rules that would benefit infiltrators and towns, if anyone has any input for these revisions, please message them to me.

Lazuli73

Slicer
I think I though of some compromises that should suit both parties.

Tnt cannons are not aloud for a basic raid or gain of entry but are aloud during official times of DELCLARED war. Insiders are aloud to give out information but ARE NOT aloud to give entry or vault acess of any kind. Town owners to have a alliance will need to create a book and quill with agreements about the alliance and the terms of said alliance. The book is then signed by both town owners and all sub owners and many copies should be made. Ideally the book will be signed and a copies should be placed in the vault/gen rooms.

The whole alliance book thing is just a suggestion but the rest to me sounds fair. For the whole "we declare war" scenario I would think some kind of in game note or book or forum thread would be a official war and the people involved in the war are not aloud to hide in holes or spawn camp. The war wouldn't nessicarily have to take place at a town, it could be at a battle field between the towns.

CrazyNinjaCows23

Slicer
This war alliance thing idea is amazing! It can be very entertaining for the people who want to raid, and it can help other who want to stay out... Out!

MasterAegon

Slicer
Thief makes a good point. This would severely limit the options that raiders/pvpers have. We might only have two or three towns to agree to war. Personally, I'd hardly ever fight because I'm more concerned with builds.

It could work if Laz means a town must DECLARE war on a town before raiding/pvp, then will only be able to attack within a window of time. This still kills the element of surprise and spoils a lot of what raiding and pvp is meant to be. I'm not sure either side gets a fair shake in this.

Lazuli73

Slicer
I see where thief and master are coming from but at the sometime you don't really understand kind of what I meant. Raids are still in the game, but a huge massive raid with goals like destroying the entire town would be a DELCLARED war. A alliance between towns would be to prevent raids.

Also we could have lokan holidays in tribute it the players and towns in the war.

Zor95

Slicer
I would simply request the use of ender pearls outside protection or within your own town. If I remember correctly there was very little opposition to the idea, it just hasn't been worked on.

MasterAegon

Slicer
Zor95 said:
I would simply request the use of ender pearls outside protection or within your own town. If I remember correctly there was very little opposition to the idea, it just hasn't been worked on.

I have to ask what good this would do except for pvp situations. Honest question.

Zor95

Slicer
And in certain circumstances they can be used to get over a wall. The throw range is pretty small though so as I said, certain circumstances.

Zor95

Slicer
A pearl cannon or a wall/target very close to the boundary. While pearl cannons are powerful, they're difficult to use and have a large margin of error so I think it's fair.

MasterAegon

Slicer
sounds like it could be a good alternative despite giving a big change to the nature of pvp. Perhaps they could only be used outside of spawn/town protection with the exception of being able to use them inside your own town, as Zor said. There wouldn't be anymore collateral damage and would require a person to have an alternate escape route.

Zor95

Slicer
Unrelated to raiding, but pearls also provide new opportunities for building on Loka. It's extremely difficult to build anything in the sky right now because you have to pillar up/down or use water. Redstone can also be difficult because you have to navigate through wiring without disturbing any of it. And then there's the nether which most people don't build in, but it'll make traveling a little easier which will help when collecting glowstone.

MasterAegon

Slicer
yeah, I can see how this could be useful. it would require a whole different method of defense in a lot of cases but I think it could work. Then again I'm not nearly as experienced as most so I could be missing something that makes this very...unwise.

Jedoi

Slicer
*sighs* It may be just me and my friends, but being able to have perms in only one town is terriblydifficult.

Back