Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Rated Arena Battles

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
New gearsets are now available in arenas. The closest to an iron set is all prot 4 leather. I could perhaps drop one piece to prot 3 in order to make the number of attacks virtually identical, but it can still be tuned.

2v2's are now ready for testing. Do so at your own risk, however, and I would advise storing your most important items before doing so. That said, see /arena help and /arena team for help on 2v2s.

Zor95

Slicer
Bug reports from 2v2:

• We tried creating and joining a multitude of teams, but could not reproduce the bug EpicBacon experienced
  • /leave does not function correctly
  • If you are not a team leader you can use /arena team leave to exit the team, but you remain in the arena
  • Team leaders can use /arena team disband to close the team, but remain in the arena
  • After leaving or disbanding a team, match victories still function correctly and points are awarded to the winner
  • During our first match we did not fight each other and I received a "match must end in 30 seconds warning" and was eventually kicked from the match. No one else was kicked.
  • After teleporting back to the match I was kicked from I killed everyone and received their items. The match did not end, everyone lost their melons on the main world, spawned in the last bed they slept in, and I was locked into my team.
  • While locked into my team I received an internal error when using /queue2
  • Despite the above, two additional teams were formed and at the end of that match I was able to leave my team (but not disband, even though I owned it)

Additional notes:
  • Crypt, stop carrying around stacks of minecarts

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
  • You are no longer able to use any /arena team commands in the arena (should fix practically all of those issues, Zor)
  • The proper number of teams in the queue should now be reported on queuing
  • You will now get a proper "You are not in a 2v2 team" error if you /queue2 without a team.
  • Many other small stability bugfixes.
  • /leave is most certainly still broken. Refrain from that for now.
  • Unsure about the match expiration bug, try it again though and tell me if it does it again. May have been fixed, or not.

Zor95

Slicer
Cryptite said:
The proper number of teams in the queue should now be reported on queuing

Does only one member of a team need to /queue2 for it to consider the entire team in the queue? I do not mean to start the match, but if someone in my team used /queue2 would they see that other team with only one member in the queue as well?

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Nope, both members of the team must queue for the team to count as queued. Otherwise you could just 1v1 for your team.

Zor95

Slicer
Cryptite said:
Nope, both members of the team must queue for the team to count as queued. Otherwise you could just 1v1 for your team.

So when it says "there is one other team in the queue" or wotever, that means both of the opposing team members have used /queue2?

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Non-rated arena challenges are now available. You can now challenge somebody directly and fight them in an arena. The match is non-rated and unpublicized. Check it out with /arena challenge. This is only for 1v1 at the moment.

Zor95

Slicer
Bugs:

• Leasuar lost her home town after a 1v1 match
  • Friendly fire is on
  • While in the 1v1 queue if you attempt to queue for 2v2 it will tell you that no arenas are currently available
  • Disbanding a team that does not exist will give you an internal error
  • The name of a disbanded team is not deleted
  • Once a single invitation has been sent your team is considered full, even if they do not join

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Leasuar lost her home town after a 1v1 match
- Had to be a coincidence... Lemme know if that happens again.

Friendly fire is on
All forms of friendly fire (swords, arrows and potions) are now working as intended

While in the 1v1 queue if you attempt to queue for 2v2 it will tell you that no arenas are currently available
Fixed

Disbanding a team that does not exist will give you an internal error
Fixed

The name of a disbanded team is not deleted
Still gotta look into this one some more.

Once a single invitation has been sent your team is considered full, even if they do not join
I'll be implementing an invite withdrawal system. This'll work similarly both for arena challenges and invites.

Also fixed 2v2 match ratings being, well, totally wrong. All 1v1 and 2v2 teams have been reset once again. Please continue to test the arenas so that when 1.5 hits the server, we can begin Season 1!

Zor95

Slicer
Cryptite said:
Leasuar lost her home town after a 1v1 match
- Had to be a coincidence... Lemme know if that happens again.

MOpyc lost his town this time. It was after a seemingly random number of 2v2 matches.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Zor95 said:
The graphics for PvP links on the rating boards are broken.

Yeah the website isn't really done yet, won't be for a bit I suspect. Expect things to look weird or break quite a bit for awhile.

Zor95

Slicer
7520120427094681109.jpeg

Zor95

Slicer
I created a 2v2 team called Lovely Dovelies and invited Joc to join. She tried to and it told her she had no invitation to accept so I disbanded and created another team called Crispy Bacon. This time she was able to join, but when she did so it put her on Lovely Dovelies and I remained on Crispy Bacon. We then began a match and when we won it told the other team that Lovely Dovelies had defeated them. We both received rating, but when using /arena stats only Joc saw the increase. However, looking at the 2v2 hiscores you can see we both received rating and Lovely Dovelies somehow ended up with an extra point.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
I think I may have 2v2's fairly bug free now. Fixed many of the 2v2 team creating/joining/leaving/disbanding issues. I also added /arena team withdraw which withdraws an arena team invite that you may have.

Teams and ratings have also been wiped. Please test 2v2s and report back when you can. Thanks guys! Inching closer to Season 1!

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
Also rating may need adjusting. There is no minimum limit to how many matches you can play to be rewarded. For example a player can play 1 match win and claim they had the best kills to death ratio. Even with the score you can play very few games and amass a large score. Will we start players on a lower score (like 1300) (and keep average score at 1500) or just say you have to play a minimum number of matches before you can be considered champion.

Back